"Make Mine Music"-Region 2 Release???

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
miklc
Gold Classic Collection

"Make Mine Music"-Region 2 Release???

Post by miklc »

So I'm trying to get the last few animated classics that I need on DVD/Blu-Ray, I was comparing prices online for the four package films that I'm missing (Saludos Amigos, The Three Caballeros, Make Mine Music, Fun and Fancy Free) and for some reason it was only coming up with a Region 1 release of Make Mine Music on Amazon and no mention of it at Play or HMV which struck me as rather odd. I then found out that very strangely it is the only DAC not to be given a Region 2 release (obviously not including Tangled!)!! Is there an actual reason for this? It seems absolutely ridiculous! If I want to own all 50 films I have no option but to import the American release and hope that my Sony Blu-Ray player can be unlocked to play Region 1 DVDs. In some of my earlier released Disney DVDs there are leaflets saying "Which Ones are You Missing?" which lists the full canon with a box next to each enabling you to tick off which ones you have, Make Mine Music is listed on this list, so it's misleading for Disney to publish this having never released the film on that format within that region! Does anyone know if it will ever get a Region 2 release? I'm not that keen on importing a DVD I won't be able to play, but I do want to own every classic animated feature :(
I love The Little Mermaid and Ariel
steve
Gold Classic Collection

Post by steve »

I've come across this problem too, and I'm not sure for the reason behind the non-release, but Sony are one of the groups behind the region system and it's (apparently) quite hard to unlock their systems. If you have a computer though, VLC media player will play any region.
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

There actually is a region 2-release which was only published in the Scandinavian countries. Other than the US-release it's even uncut.

You can import it from this shop, they deliver to the UK.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

My Sony Blu-ray player was DVD region-free right out of the box, so I don't know what that is all about.
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
miklc
Gold Classic Collection

Post by miklc »

Scamander are the packaging and menus are in English? I've tried Region 1 DVDs in my Blu-Ray player before and they were unable to play, so unfortuantley mine isn't multi-regional :(
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

I'm Pretty Sure there is a Dutch release as well, with English audio en subs. I will check tomorrow.
carlossilva

Post by carlossilva »

Scamander are the packaging and menus are in English?
I have the Danish edition, but I think it's the same as the Finnish one. Packaging and menus are in English ( cover is just like the picture shown on the store whose link was provided above ). And, as someone already said, this edition includes the segment "The Martins and The Coys " which was cut from the US release, so it's definitely the best option.

Carlos
miklc
Gold Classic Collection

Post by miklc »

carlossilva wrote:
Scamander are the packaging and menus are in English?
I have the Danish edition, but I think it's the same as the Finnish one. Packaging and menus are in English ( cover is just like the picture shown on the store whose link was provided above ). And, as someone already said, this edition includes the segment "The Martins and The Coys " which was cut from the US release, so it's definitely the best option.

Carlos
That's excellent news! I would rather import the American release if the packaging and/or DVD menus weren't in English (despite the American release editing out one sequence), however if they are in English as you say then I see no point why I shouldn't purchase this one :) Though this confuses me further as to the actual reason behind Disney with holding this film (original version or editied version) from the UK, it makes no sense to me at all. Is that shop safe? I might have a look on eBay and see if there are any copies going on there, I mean I've just purchased the others recently so I'm not in a great hurry to get it, but knowing that it's there for when I am ready to purchase it sets my mind at ease

steve what did you end up doing? Did you end up importing the American release?
AlanJ

Re: "Make Mine Music"-Region 2 Release???

Post by AlanJ »

Make Mine Music (Region 2) DVD can be purchased at:
http://dvd-shoppen.com/disneys-klassike ... 00643.html

Front cover is essentially in English while the back cover is in Swedish.

DVD menus and movie are in ENGLISH with Swedish, Danish, Finnish & Norwegian subtitles.

And it's the original UNCUT version 75 minute version.

The Region 1 version is 72 minute version.

IF your player can be unlocked to play any region DVD, you can find the instructions here:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
Tellyweb

Re: "Make Mine Music"-Region 2 Release???

Post by Tellyweb »

The film is finally coming to the UK.

It'll be out on July 15th.