Switch To Blu - Get 1 for $15.00

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JamesDFarrow
Gold Classic Collection

Switch To Blu - Get 1 for $15.00

Post by JamesDFarrow »

Got an e-mail (actually got 2) saying that if you switch your preferred format from DVD to Blu-Ray you can get a Blu-Ray for $15.00. Others have gotten one for a $10.00 deal as well. Mine is $15.00 CDN only, I gather, since I am not a VIP Member yet.

Says it takes 6 to 8 weeks for them to switch your account though.

I switched it so I am waiting for the e-mail that they are supposed to send. I gather it gives you a promotion code.

Anyone else here switch to Blu?

James :)
James D. Farrow
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I thought about doing this deal, just to get a cheaper movie (but I don't have a Blu-ray player); I decline the feature of the month every month anyway. I'd only do this to get a Blu-ray that has a standard def. DVD in it- does anyone know if any of the offered Blu-rays have a standard-def DVD with them?

Mine is the $10 deal if I do this. Do you have to pay shipping, though? (I can't be this lazy- I'll look it up.) I don't even see this offer anymore. They have a sale on Blu-ray that says buy 2 for $50, but I can't find the other offer now.

*edit*
I looked in my email trash (but moved the message to my inbox for future reference), and it says:

1. Go to DisneyMovieClub.com
2. Click on the My Profiles tab under My Accounts
3. Select Blu-ray as your Preferred Format
4. An email will be sent to you with instructions on how to get your Blu-ray for only $10*

†By selecting Blu-ray as your preferred format, your Featured Title shipments will be sent on Blu-ray when available. Please allow 4-8 weeks for your format to be updated.

*$3.95 shipping and processing applies. Only Blu-ray movies priced at $29.95 or less qualify for discount. This is a one time use offer. This offer is non-transferable.

It stinks that you have to pay shipping; even if a Blu-ray does come with a standard-def DVD, that'd still be $13.95; granted, that is still cheaper than buying a new release (or most any release through DMC without buying a 2nd title), so maybe it'd be worth looking into...I don't know.
JamesDFarrow
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JamesDFarrow »

Pinocchio Blu-ray has a standard DVD included. I think I read somewhere that this will be the standard for the next little while from Disney on the Platinums at least. Snow White will confirm that if it's true or not.

James D. Farrow
blackcauldron85

So are Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio the only Disney Blu-rays that also come with a standard DVD? I'm not double-dipping with SB, and I already bought Pinocch. on standard DVD. Will Bedtime Stories have both? Does Beverly Hills Chihuahua? Thanks! :)
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

blackcauldron85 wrote:So are Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio the only Disney Blu-rays that also come with a standard DVD? I'm not double-dipping with SB, and I already bought Pinocch. on standard DVD. Will Bedtime Stories have both? Does Beverly Hills Chihuahua? Thanks! :)
Bedtimes Stories is a 3 for 1 BR, DVD, DC, as well as High School Musical 3, and Bolt. Beverly Hills Chihuahua is a BR disc only.
blackcauldron85

jrboy wrote: Bedtimes Stories is a 3 for 1 BR, DVD, DC, as well as High School Musical 3, and Bolt. Beverly Hills Chihuahua is a BR disc only.
Thanks! I actually just read a few minutes ago in the issue of VB I just got that Bedtime Stories is a 3 for 1. If they still have this offer when that comes out, then I'll think about switching my preferences and getting that movie on Blu-ray, since the new release won't be cheaper than $13.00 something anyway. And as long as you can still buy non-Blu-ray movies, then it really doesn't matter what your preferences for the Selection of the Month are, I guess. I have the Blu-ray of HSM3, and I can't watch the Blu-ray discs, but I like how the DVD is included...I got it for free, that's the only reason I didnt get the standard-def DVD.
JamesDFarrow
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JamesDFarrow »

O.K. got my e-mail. There is no promotion code. They just activate a one-time "Offer Banner" on your account. When you log-on you click on other offers and choose "Buy a Blu-Ray for $15.00". Then choose a blu-ray, add to your cart, and it comes up at $15.00 price. Or $10.00 for some I gather.

Once I did that then the banner dissapears so it's only good for one time.

James D. Farrow
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I never received an email, so I switched my preference and I never got a message until today, when I was offered a Blu-Ray for $10. Here is my theory on the $10 vs. $15. It is either for VIP members OR its for people who switch to Blu-Ray without being notified of the offer. I'm not sure which it is.
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

I am considering dropping out of the DMC. I get emails from them every friggin day asking me to switch my preferred format to blu with a new offer every single day. I have spammers that don't send me as many emails. :x
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
thatartguy
Gold Classic Collection

Changing default from DVD to Blu-ray BONUS!!!

Post by thatartguy »

If you change your default movie choice from DVD to Blu-ray you will get a coupon to buy a Blu-ray movie for only $10.00! I got Nightmare Before Christmas because the cheapest I can find it around here is $35.00 and it's one of the best looking Blu's.

Just a heads up.
Arielle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Arielle »

OK - I hadn't used my $10 blu ray coupon yet because everything I wanted was over the $29.99 limit. I was waiting to see if something would come out -- since there was no expiration date on it! However, I just noticed that it disappeared!! Poof, just like that, no warning! I sent DMC an email and I hope they will fix this. If I knew it was gonna disappear I would have bought something! Has this happened to anyone else?
Arielle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Arielle »

Well, I gave them a call today, and the woman I spoke with was extremely helpful and gave me the $10 coupon back and even let me use it on Pinocchio, which was a little over the limit. I am extremely happy!