Pocahontas II getting re-released??

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Smarty-pants

Pocahontas II getting re-released??

Post by Smarty-pants »

I know Pocaontas:ME is slated for May '04, but I thought I heard not too long ago that the sequal Pocahontas II was getting the special treatment as well. Did I get it mixed up? I'm a little confused, please help. I have a short list of what not to buy among the Animated Disney dvds, like Lilo And Stitch and Alice In Wonderland since they're being re-released, but are those the only ones?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Only sequel I know for sure is being re-released next year is Lion King II. I've heard some rumors about Pocahontas II, but nothing strong enough to state definitively or put on the Upcoming Release list.
Jake Lipson
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jake Lipson »

Pocahontas II WAS listed on the release calendar from Jim Hill where we were first told about the Pocahontas, Lilo & Stitch and Alice in Wonderland SEs coming in January. Those turned out to be true. (Well, Disney moved two of them back, but it was true for a time, and Alice in Wonderland is proof of that.) Pocahontas II is slated on that calendar for June 1, 2004.

For everybody's refrence since we seem to have forgotten the specifics of that calendar, I'll reprint it here. I've added my comments and observations about the release dates provided.

July 2003
07/01/03 Gangs of New York - TRUE.
07/29/03 Piglet's Big Movie - TRUE.

August 2003
08/12/03 The Lizzie McGuire Movie - TRUE
08/19/03 Chicago - TRUE
08/26/03 Stitch! The Movie - TRUE

September 2003
09/02/03 Kim Possible - TRUE
09/09/03 Sleeping Beauty - TRUE

October 2003
10/07/03 The Lion King - Platinum Edition - TRUE
10/21/03 George of the Jungle 2 - TRUE

November 2003
11/04/03 Finding Nemo - TRUE. (This was the first time Nemo's date was announced.)
11/11/03 Eloise at the Plaza - TRUE. Another first-time announcement.
11/18/03 Brother Bear Sing-Along-Song - TRUE. Another first-time announcement.

December 2003
12/02/03 Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - true. Another first-time announcement.
12/02/03 Walt Disney Treasures, Wave 3 - TRUE/
12/09/03 Lizzie TV Series - TRUE. Another first-time announcement.
12/09/03 Recess: 5th Grade - TRUE. Another first-time announcement.
12/09/03 Recess: All Growed Down - TRUE. Another first-time announcement.

January 2004
01/27/04 Pocahontas - Special Edition - Probably true at one point, but bumped back (to May?). Another first-time announcement.
01/27/04 Alice in Wonderland - Special Edition - TRUE. Another first-time announcement.
01/27/04 Lilo & Stitch - Special Edition Probably true at one point, but bumped back (to May?). A first-time announcement of a specific date.

February 2004
02/13/04 Lion King 1 1/2 - True to the week (February 13 is Friday, the date is February 10.) Also, one place in the promotional booklet/storybook in the TLK DVD DID say the 13th, so we know this was rooted in official Disney plans.
02/24/04 Winnie the Pooh: Springtime with Roo - TRUE. Another first-time announcement.

March 2004
03/02/04 Spy Kids 3D - Probably true at one point, but this one got bumped forward (!) to 2/24. Another first-time announcement of an exact date.
03/30/04 Brother Bear - Another first-time announcement and likely true, considering the fast theatrical-to-video Lilo & Stitch and Treasure Planet had.

April 2004
04/20/04 Haunted Mansion - Another first-time announcement. Likely true.

June 2004
<b>06/01/04 Pocahontas II - Special Edition</b> - Another first-time announcement.
06/15/04 Teacher's Pet - Another first-time announcement.

August 2004
08/03/04 Mickey's 3 Musketeers - Another first-time announcement.
08/17/04 Mary Poppins - Special Edition - Another first-time announcement. Likely true, because August 2004 is its 40th anniversary.
08/17/04 Recess: 1st Day of School - Another first-time announcement.
08/31/04 The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride - Special Edition - Another first-time announcement of a specific date, although there had been rumors of this for a while.

September 2004
09/14/04 Mulan 2 - Another first-time announcement of a date.

October 2004
10/05/04 Aladdin - Special Edition - TRUE.

November 2004
11/09/04 Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas - Another first-time announcement of a date. Likely true because of how/when Disney likes to get out their holiday stuff, usually a month or two in advance of the actulal holiday.
Last edited by Jake Lipson on Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>
IggieKuzco
Special Edition

Post by IggieKuzco »

To me it would make sense that Pocahontas II would be re-released along or shortly after the first, which according to this list would mean January- Febuary 2004.
55 days 'till Jack is back

They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head. - Blackadder the Third
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

IggieKuzco wrote:To me it would make sense that Pocahontas II would be re-released along or shortly after the first, which according to this list would mean January- Febuary 2004.
But Pocahontas isn't coming until May 2004, now.
Smarty-pants

Post by Smarty-pants »

Thanks for your input guys.

I don't understand some of the stuff on that schedule Jake, like why would they release sequals to Aladdin and Mulan without releasing the origionals first? I think 99% of that schedule is probably true in some kind of way, but with a lot of missing pieces, and I'm sure the dates will change, they always do.

Well, here's the way I'm looking at the Pocahontas issue. I've never seen Pocahontas, and since I'm probably going to wait till the re-release to do so, there's no reason to for me to own the sequal. I'll just wait till after the new Pocahontas comes out, and by then if the sequal is following it, then we'll be sure to know.

I'll be holding on to my Lion King II as well. It'll get watched a couple of times after LK 1 1/2 comes out I'm sure. I think I should be able to make a pretty darn good profit on it by selling it 6-8 weeks before the re-release hits the streets.