The UK Announcement Thread

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Re: The UK Announcement Thread

Post by MeerkatKombat »

The new Frozen sing along DVD looks really nice. Saw it in Sainsburys last night with the lenticular slip cover. I can't believe they gave the UK a lenticular slip cover!
I would have bought it if the making of had been a decent length. The slipcover was very nice but I can hope that it turns up in CEX for under a fiver.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Update: WDHE UK replied to my email and offered me a TLM replacement disc, as long as I sent the defective one back! Yesssss!!! They also apologized that it took them a while to respond, so it was a really nice gesture on their part. It made me very happy :pink:
"A typical ideologue of all things social justice for the sake of sounding smart and politically proper."

:bow:
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

Mooky wrote:Update: WDHE UK replied to my email and offered me a TLM replacement disc, as long as I sent the defective one back! Yesssss!!! They also apologized that it took them a while to respond, so it was a really nice gesture on their part. It made me very happy :pink:
Great news for you :D
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Indeed so :) Now I wait for the corrected disc.
"A typical ideologue of all things social justice for the sake of sounding smart and politically proper."

MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

Mooky wrote:Update: WDHE UK replied to my email and offered me a TLM replacement disc, as long as I sent the defective one back! Yesssss!!! They also apologized that it took them a while to respond, so it was a really nice gesture on their part. It made me very happy :pink:

Took them long enough! :eyebrow:

I'm really happy for you! You may be one of the last ones to get a replacement disc! I don't see them giving them out much longer if at all.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Thank you! Well, they actually said they only ship within the UK and that -- in case I could not provide a UK address they could send the disc to -- it would be their US colleagues who would send me a corrected disc. Long story short: I should receive the US version.

Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

... And I have! I must say, they've certainly redeemed themselves. All's well now :)

Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Anyone in UK knows if BEARS are going to be released or not? DVD or Blu-Ray?
mitch_evers

Post by mitch_evers »

I very much doubt Bears will have a UK release on DVD or blu. We never got Chimpanzee on DVD or blu and sadly, Bears is yet to have a cinema release here. A shame because it's a good movie. I ordered the US blu ray last year, as I previously did with Chimpanzee and Wings of Life, and it is a region free release. I think the US releases are the way to go for Disneynature movies.
See ya real soon!
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

mitch_evers wrote:I very much doubt Bears will have a UK release on DVD or blu. We never got Chimpanzee on DVD or blu and sadly, Bears is yet to have a cinema release here. A shame because it's a good movie. I ordered the US blu ray last year, as I previously did with Chimpanzee and Wings of Life, and it is a region free release. I think the US releases are the way to go for Disneynature movies.
Thank you for your answer. :wave:
If the US Blu-Ray of Bears is region-free as you say it´s no problem for me. I bought Wings of Life that way from US, so I guess I will do the same with Bears then.

Strange that you didn´t get a release of Chimpanzee - we had both a DVD and a Blu-Ray release of it here in Scandinavia.
mitch_evers

Post by mitch_evers »

Toy Story That Time Forgot DVD, exclusive to Sainsbury's, £5! Out today!! Hooray!!!
See ya real soon!
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Post by MeerkatKombat »

mitch_evers wrote:Toy Story That Time Forgot DVD, exclusive to Sainsbury's, £5! Out today!! Hooray!!!
Just picked it up. My Sainsbury's had about five of them. They had tons of Toy Story of Terror when that first come out.

EDIT: Didn't think it was as good as Toy Story of Terror but that may be because there was less focus on Woody and Buzz. Surprised Timothy Dalton came back to voice Pricklepants but pleased he did.

I now want Toy Story 4.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Zavvi's having a Disney BOGOF on selected titles; check them out here.

Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

As is Amazon :)
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

mitch_evers wrote:I very much doubt Bears will have a UK release on DVD or blu. We never got Chimpanzee on DVD or blu and sadly, Bears is yet to have a cinema release here. A shame because it's a good movie. I ordered the US blu ray last year, as I previously did with Chimpanzee and Wings of Life, and it is a region free release. I think the US releases are the way to go for Disneynature movies.
mitch_evers:
Do you know if the other older Disneynature US Blu-Rays are region free as well?
(African Cats, Oceans, Crimson Wings and Earth)
mitch_evers

Post by mitch_evers »

Sorry to take so long to reply Chernabog, I've only just noticed your question. I have the US blu ray releases of Earth and Oceans and both are region free. African Cats and Crimson Wing have been released in the UK so those are the versions I own. As far as I can tell all US Disneynature blu rays are region free.

There is an excellent website called www.blu-ray.com which has region code information for worldwide blu releases. I usually check there before I import anything!

Hope this has been of help to you,

Mike
See ya real soon!
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

mitch_evers wrote:Sorry to take so long to reply Chernabog, I've only just noticed your question. I have the US blu ray releases of Earth and Oceans and both are region free. African Cats and Crimson Wing have been released in the UK so those are the versions I own. As far as I can tell all US Disneynature blu rays are region free.

There is an excellent website called http://www.blu-ray.com which has region code information for worldwide blu releases. I usually check there before I import anything!

Hope this has been of help to you,

Mike
Many thanks! :wave:
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

It looks as though all unreleased blu Ray titles that have previously had a U.S. Release will be coming out on November 9th.

Treasure Planet
Home on the Range
Basil, the Great Mouse Detective
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Fun and Fancy a Free
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad
The Rescuers Down Under

Although rather annoyingly it looks as Rescuers Down Under will only be in a double pack with the original and that Fun and Fancy Free/ Ichabod will be like the US release.

How this will work with the numbered spine system is anybody's guess.
calvin101
Limited Issue

Post by calvin101 »

I know we've had Aladdin on Blu-ray for ages, but is there any chance we'll get the recent Diamond edition US release? I can only think that it might have been held until the Broadway show comes here next summer.