What cool video games have you played recently?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I got The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D for my 3DS in the mail today. I got past the first boss already and I think it's still as good as it as on the N64 (Though I mainly played it on the Gamecube).
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

I tried to reignite a little nostalgia and played Dr. Mario and Shadowgate on this website:

http://www.nescafeplay.com/play/

I also tried Super Mario 3 but it's TOO hard without a handheld controller. I didn't even get halfway through the 1st level.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I got Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic on my Xbox 360 a few days ago. It is a little confusing figuring out everything.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I've played FFXIII-2 and made it as far as the final boss, I'm gonna replay the story and get a bit more experience and a few more missions in.

IN the middle of the original XIII right now. Tried Final Fantasy Xii, but the levelling is too slow for me. Also in the middle of X, and hoping to pick up a used World Ends With You today.

Also checked out the demos for Resident Evil: Revelations, Mario and Sonic at the 2012 London Olympic Games, and got some DLC for Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Finally get to find out about Lucy's past!
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Thank you for the link, that's a fun website. I liked the very simplistic and old-fashioned Batman Returns game.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Aw, you're welcome.

I just downloaded an SNES emulator and played (and beat) both the first 2 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers games (with the help of Game Genie, of course) and almost beat Super Mario World but I can't kill Bowser with the Invincibility code on because you have to kill him with the bodies of his henchmen and the Invincibility star-coating knocks them offscreen. So, I turned the cheat code for Invincibility off and died instantly. I can only beat 1 level without Invincibility. Without it, I die. So I had to leave Bowser's Castle unfinished. Dang it!! Also, I skipped out of Star Road before doing any of the Special levels.

Played Mortal Kombat 3 as well but it's boring when you can't switch your player. I played as Kung Lao and Shang Tsung with the 1-Button Fatality code on and it gets too repetitious. I got bored. Won 2 tournaments and made myself scarce.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I downloaded PCsx2, which is a Playstation 2 emulator, to get my KH and FF in HD. I'm gearing up for Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance by playing all the games in chronological order

as soon as I'm finished with the Assassin's Creed games.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I played Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective/ on my DSi a while ago(as I do not play normal DS games on my 3DS). It's an innovative game from the creators of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney(even the names sound similar). You just have to possess objects to prevent certain events from occurring at the right moment.

I also played some of the virtual console games on my 3DS (such as Donkey Kong and Super Mario Land 2, which is superior to the first). I really want them to add more VC games to the Eshop. It has been more than five weeks.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Played Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 and Years 5-7--hilarious. I was sad when it was over, because I just wanted to keep going. :lol:

Playing Chrono Trigger. I've owned this for several years (in a Final Fantasy Chronicles collection), but never played it before now. I'm over halfway into it now (just defeated Magus in 600 AD and now in the Laruba Ruins with Ayla). It's pretty good for such an old game.

Has anyone played Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Shadow Hearts, or Legend of the Dragoon? I have those, too, but never played them. Now that I have some free time, I'm trying to play all these. Also, (not expecting an answer, but) does any one have any opinions on which are the best pre-Final Fantasy VII games? VI is the one with Kefka, right?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Playing Minecraft on the Xbox 360. It really sucks you in for some reason. I heard they took some of the features out of the PC version though. Maybe they will add some of them later on in the updates.
Disney's Divinity

Re-played Final Fantasy X. Love that one. I’m probably somewhat spoiled by the fact that there’s voice acting, which I prefer to simple text. Currently re-playing X-2. I know that game has had a lot of criticism over the years, but I kind of enjoy it (particularly the dress sphere battle system)--although it does feel like a way to allow fans to get what they want.
Disney's Divinity

Finished Final Fantasy X-2 with the perfect ending, 100%! (btw, Trema was a huge thorn in my behind for the past two days) It wasn’t a great game; I just wanted to get perfect for once to see Tidus and Yuna reunited. I prefer happy endings, though I can appreciate how tragic the first game was.

Anyway, I’m re-playing VIII next. I bought the strategy guide via B&N, so I can play it without wandering in the dark like the last time. After that, I’ll either finish VII or go to one of the older games. The only pre-VII game I’ve played is I. I’ll try either IV, V, or VI. I plan to buy Dissidia duodecim soon, mainly for Yuna and Tifa more than anything (I wish they had Vivi and Balthier in there--I would love Lulu, but I know that would never happen, considering she wasn't a main character in X); the Dissidia games made me totally daydream about a Disney fighting game. :lol: I wish I had the interest to buy XIII-2, but not really. Maybe in the future.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

XIII-2 is pretty okay-even good sometimes-but it still has some big pitfalls(not the least of which is how much story content seems to be dlc).

I've been rocking out the KH: Dream Drop Distance demo from 3DS eshop. though it's nothing compared to the E3 demo that I've seen videos of, it at least has all the gameplay tutorials-including an ursula tutorial boss-to get used to the combat, and a small traverse town section bookended by a cutscene and an out-of-context boss battle. The 3D is excellent most of the time, especially in said cutscene, but occassionally gets in your face during gameplay and I noticed some ghosting in certain parts.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

ajmrowland wrote: I've been rocking out the KH: Dream Drop Distance demo from 3DS eshop. though it's nothing compared to the E3 demo that I've seen videos of, it at least has all the gameplay tutorials-including an ursula tutorial boss-to get used to the combat, and a small traverse town section bookended by a cutscene and an out-of-context boss battle. The 3D is excellent most of the time, especially in said cutscene, but occassionally gets in your face during gameplay and I noticed some ghosting in certain parts.
The demo was okay. I hope the doors to the shops in Traverse Town aren't painted on in the actual game.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^I seriously think they are. except for some in KH1, all the shops are just people selling goods outside.
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

Is anybody else excited for these? They drop Oct. 7th I believe but I'll probably have to wait and save my pennies for this. Pikachu don't come cheap!
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Has anyone played Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Yes ! I love that game ! I haven't touched it in ages, but it's so fun !
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I've been playing it very slowly, but it's a great game...
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^just prepare yourself for the last level. All the plot comes out there.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

Played Team Fortress 2 and Poker Night at the Inventory on Steam the other day.