What cool video games have you played recently?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
tomothy81
Gold Classic Collection

Post by tomothy81 »

Brer Brandon wrote:I finally bought X-Men Legends this weekend. I have not had a lot of time to play this week, but it is awesome!
After a short period of time I really found this title to be boring. It was definitly not what I thought it would be.

On the other had Oddworld: Stranger is an awesome game. If you have XBox and you like shooter/action games then this is a must have.
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

I've been playing Zelda the Minish cap, and Donkey Kong Jumgle beat :)
Image Image
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

I'm right now in the middle of Zelda: Oracle of Ages.

I do enjoy the game but not as much as Seasons... and it gets so hard at times that I wish the game to be over already.

Then off to A Link to the Past and just 2 more Zelda games (NES ones) to have played and finished all Zelda games.

"You're only second rate!"
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

I just rented Ace Combat 5, it's an alright game. I don't like how the campain story goes. The jets are authentic, I'm not sure about the controls, never flown a fighter jet before.:) Overall if you like flight simulator games, you should at least rent it to see if you like it.
Dan05
Special Edition

Post by Dan05 »

Has anyone here played The Incredibles for Playstation 2? Is it any good?
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

There's an Incredibles game on Playstation 2? Wow, where have I been.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Zoltack wrote:There's an Incredibles game on Playstation 2? Wow, where have I been.
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... ncredibles
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

Yeah but that was a couple of months when you guys talked about that. I didn't join until late March. I should rent it, that is if anyone else thinks it's good. I must say Ace Combat 5, was a disappointment. I got bored with it after only two days of playing it.:roll: I wan't a nice, bad ass flight simulator game for PS2. Come on!!!
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition

I'd like to have the one for Finding Nemo as I read that as far as games based on movies go this one was ok... but I've read that the loading times on the GC take forever... so I'll have to skip that one.

The Incredible ones also look ok, altough I should chek out the other one (there are 2 I believe, the last one is the one most simililar to the movie).

I also must buy DK Jungle Beat... not only because it looks good but also since I have the kongas, I have to buy the games for those.

I'm also looking forward to:

Golden Sun 1 and 2
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga (since I LOVE the Paper Mario games)

Dan05
Special Edition

Post by Dan05 »

Today I played Fifa Street. It's not really one of those addictive games but it sure is fun! I was quite dissapointed with some of the player overalls though. Nonetheless a good game! For those who like soccer, you'll probably like this game. It's very different from Fifa though.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

have you played it with the "little players" code?
It´s just hyllarius, because the players are the size of the ball and they run faser and the supershots scenes, you always hit and trow down to the floor to the goalkeeper.

Play it like this, it´s funnier
Dan05
Special Edition

Post by Dan05 »

No. I haven't tried playing like that. I haven't checked out any of the codes or cheats for this game. I may try this out though sometime.
Luna
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Luna »

I've been playing Kingdom Hearts:Chain of Memories (Game Boy Advance)....I finally beat the game as Sora,so now I get to play through the game as Riku...
"It's the apocalypse all right....I always thought I'd have a hand in it..." -Professor Farnsworth(Futurama)
umbreongirl
Gold Classic Collection

Post by umbreongirl »

Lets see......
I've been playing Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 (offline) and my friend is playing Pokemon Colliseum right now....
She's already half way through, I think. Haven't played it in a bit. ^^;
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition

Ok... this is my current situation.

I'm badly stucked at Zelda: Oracle of Ages and I'm waiting for a friend to help me out so I can finish it.

Meanwhile I started playing Zelda: A Link to the Past.... and left it there.

Also, started Metroid Prime on hard mode and while playing it I felt the need to buy Metroid 2.

A friend of mine gave me Starfox Adventures; I had already finished it long ago.

I wanted a new game to help me trough meanwhile I get Metroid 2 and before the new Zelda, so I bought The Sims and that's the one I've playing (never played a Sims game before and since it was $12 I decided to give it a try.

..if things go well with it I might as well get the other 2. As said, I just want something cheap and nice before the new Zelda arrives; also, thank God there aren't any important titles coming out.

Oh yeah, and also bought I Ninja

Dan05
Special Edition

Post by Dan05 »

Evil Genie Jafar wrote:I wanted a new game to help me trough meanwhile I get Metroid 2 and before the new Zelda, so I bought The Sims and that's the one I've playing (never played a Sims game before and since it was $12 I decided to give it a try.
Wow. That game is old. You should try out The Sims 2. Now there's a real Sim game. It's really addictive and you age and all so it's not as boring. It's tougher too since your kids have homework and sometimes need help and it's also harder to raise a kid since they go from baby to toddler, to kid, and so on.
cydney
Special Edition

Post by cydney »

Dan05 wrote:Wow. That game is old. You should try out The Sims 2. Now there's a real Sim game. It's really addictive and you age and all so it's not as boring. It's tougher too since your kids have homework and sometimes need help and it's also harder to raise a kid since they go from baby to toddler, to kid, and so on.
I love the Sims. I use to play the 1st Sims on my computer. Then I got The Sims Bustin Out on XBOX. Now I have The Urbz. Sims 2 looks fun, is it only made for computers? I know what you mean about it being addictive, once I start playing I don't wanna stop and it's morning before I know it.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

I have never get the point of that games, what´s the fun about controlling the little guy´s life?

now if we talk about something like Fifa or Halo or Silent Hill, that´s a cool videogame
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Well Lego Star Wars is cute, but the appeal soon wears off. Still, maximum points to the developers for creating such a beautiful looking game!

I got SNK vs CAPCOM: SVC CHAOS last week, but I've only had time to play it properly this weekend. And it's verging on fantastic, but it's not quite upto Capcom's Capcom vs SNK games - mainly because these offered a choice of combat play styles. However, it is totally awesome seeing the Capcom character's in SNK's style. Hugo has all of his Street Fighter III animation frames but has full shading and he looks incredible!

I don't know, people moan about Disney stopping handdrawn animation, but nobody cares about the death of sprite based games - some of which feature awesome handdrawn animation :(
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition

Dan05 wrote:
Evil Genie Jafar wrote:I wanted a new game to help me trough meanwhile I get Metroid 2 and before the new Zelda, so I bought The Sims and that's the one I've playing (never played a Sims game before and since it was $12 I decided to give it a try.
Wow. That game is old. You should try out The Sims 2. Now there's a real Sim game. It's really addictive and you age and all so it's not as boring. It's tougher too since your kids have homework and sometimes need help and it's also harder to raise a kid since they go from baby to toddler, to kid, and so on.
I know, but I wanted to start with the very basics of the games so I could know if I'll like the game.