What cool video games have you played recently?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Very nice game indeed

but I still don´t know why does they put Pikachu when there´re better nintendo characters
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

DreamerQ18 wrote:Going old school here I recentley learned how to play G-Cube and I am totaly hooked on Super Smash Brothers. Oh man I may not always know what I am doing but its a blast :) .
My friends and I used to get together and play four hours! Everyone had his character but we also learned how to play with at least 2 more. My character is Peach. 8)

By the way.... no one else here is a Zelda fan? I'm just addicted to it right now. I have all of the games: I've cleared Ocarina (so many time I've forgotten), Majora's (a couple), Windwaker (twice), Link's Awakening and Oracle of Seasons. I have yet to finish the rest... but I will.

With Zelda something funny happens (as I read in a review once). Everytime a new game in the series gets released it's kind of a magic moment, and once you start playing you get hooked to it until you finish it. And both the experience of playing it and the one when you finish it is unexplainable feeling.

I bought the GBPlayer just because of the Zeldas. And even tough I knew I was going to buy them all, I didn't know if I was going to play them; after Ocarina and the rest it would have been hard to look back. But no way, I get hooked to them as the home consoles versions... and the fun is the same!

"You're only second rate!"
Dan05
Special Edition

Post by Dan05 »

Timon/Pumba fan wrote:Haven't played alot recently but I did beat Jak 3! :D
I really enjoyed the Jak series. I got through all the games. My favorite one was Jak 2, it was really fun and enjoyable. Jak 3 was also really good and had an awesome story but I didn't like the stages where you had to go to that metal head nest.... I found some missions boring but most of them were great! I loved doing the mission where you had to control Dax on that rocket. And as for the first one (Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy) it was alright but nowhere near as good as Jak 2 and 3. Too bad these series had to end.. it was the only platformer I actually played.
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

Isidour wrote:Very nice game indeed

but I still don´t know why does they put Pikachu when there´re better nintendo characters
I am not sure but he has lightning powers or at least the ablity to electircuit people and thats always fun Lol :D Pikachu is my character when I play I love being able to pick his lil hat before every battle :lol: .
Disney... Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are Forever
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

Evil Genie Jafar wrote: By the way.... no one else here is a Zelda fan?
:o I'm a Zelda fan!!!!!
I've been one for a looong time :D
Image Image
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Zoltack wrote:
2099net wrote:Gran Turismo 4 is not a good game. It can have all the graphical thrills and physics of handling you want, but it is all useless when the other cars race on preprogrammed lines and do no react to your car.

For crying out loud, if you don't start and remain on the start line, the computer cars plough right into the back of you.

It's rubbish.
What do you mean I hit cars all the time and spin them out, its great. That and when I get a head of the lead car, there isn't much to worry about that.
What I mean is they make no effort to get out of your way. They don't care how you are driving. They stay on the same line no matter what (unless you do hit them). Other racing games have cars that react to the player and I don't see why "The Ultimate Racing Simulator" doesn't. Unless it's simulating brain-dead robots.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

I usally get like 4 seconds a head of them during the begining of a race, so really I don't care. They can drive however they want, and I'll still crash into them.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition

Mermaid Kelly wrote:
Evil Genie Jafar wrote: By the way.... no one else here is a Zelda fan?
:o I'm a Zelda fan!!!!!
Yeah, I was wondering where you were. 8)

Nobody else?

PS

You were right about The Minish Cap. I got hooked to it since the moment I bought it.... I'm just about to finish the game (I'm in the last boss).

dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

How many of you know about the secret cars you can get on Gran Turisimo 4. Look at your garage and when you are at day 694 - 700, there are six cars that are available only then. You have to be quick because as you buy one the day counter clicks another day. I got three of them, and they are way cool.

You need to have about $9,000,000 in credits, and then go shopping. Between days 694-700 you go to the Used Car Showrooms I and II and there will be three cars in each showroom. They sell for almost $2 million each so be careful. I got the two Nissans and a Toyota.

I currently have 49 cars in my garage and yes, I have a 350Z, and it is a very cool car. I have completed all the beginners events, and the professional events. I only use the B-Spec Director's version when I have run the track. It is amazing how easy they make those tracks look.

As far as the person who doesn't like GT4 because the cars don't move over for you, that's racing sweetheart. In a real race they won't move, you have to make them move and in this game if you do it wrong you will be penalized 5 seconds. If you are a good enough driver, you get in front anyway, and there is no trafficd to worry about then.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

dvdjunkie wrote: As far as the person who doesn't like GT4 because the cars don't move over for you, that's racing sweetheart. In a real race they won't move, you have to make them move and in this game if you do it wrong you will be penalized 5 seconds. If you are a good enough driver, you get in front anyway, and there is no trafficd to worry about then.

:roll:
Well I don't know about that, it's good racing ethics to get out of the way. But to be competitive you would try to block the cars that are trying to get pass you. I think in the IRL and/or NASCAR, there's a regulation were if you're going to be laped, you have to get out of the way of the lead car.
Well the thing is when you're about to lap or even pass the cars in GT4 they don't really block you they just follow the line that they were programed to run in. That's what 2099net was saying.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Dan05 wrote:
Timon/Pumba fan wrote:Haven't played alot recently but I did beat Jak 3! :D
I really enjoyed the Jak series. I got through all the games. My favorite one was Jak 2, it was really fun and enjoyable. Jak 3 was also really good and had an awesome story but I didn't like the stages where you had to go to that metal head nest.... I found some missions boring but most of them were great! I loved doing the mission where you had to control Dax on that rocket. And as for the first one (Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy) it was alright but nowhere near as good as Jak 2 and 3. Too bad these series had to end.. it was the only platformer I actually played.
I thought Jak 2 was better than Jak 3 too(Haven't played Jak and Daxter).
Jak 3 was just a little too easy but still great! I also agree the meadle nest missions weren't so great either. My favorite missions are the ones where you got to blow up stuff! :D As for my next game, I might buy Kingdom Hearts 1.(That's right I still don't have it!)
Dan05
Special Edition

Post by Dan05 »

Timon/Pumba fan wrote:As for my next game, I might buy Kingdom Hearts 1. (That's right I still don't have it!)
You own a PS2 and don't own KH yet :o

It's a must have. Especially for any Disney fan! It was an excellent game. Pretty tough at times but the graphics were amazing and the game was just brilliant!

I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 2 :D
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition

Another Zelda game beaten!!! ("The Minish Cap")

Now I started playing Oracle of Ages... it's a shame I lost the password for it after beating SEASONS. :cry: Well, if things keep going my way, then I'll play both of the ORACLES in a near future.

I chose AGES over A LINK TO THE PAST because frankly, I still don't like it. I've started playing twice and for one reason or other I had to leave the game for such a long time that I didn't know what I had to do after.

It's amazing but now I have 2 very special games that mean a lot to me. When I played OCARINA was at a time in my life where I wasn't having a really good time and had plenty of free time in my hands so it keep me company. In such a way that it dragged me completley in the world of Hyrule....so for the time I was playing I forgot all my problems. 8) And in the case of SEASONS I played it by the time the tropical storm Jeanne passed by PR. We didn't have electricity (but some neighbors gave it to us) so there was nothing to do, a very bad time.... and again it kept me company and entertained. 8)

...So now, I'm with AGES. And besides, I wouldn't want to get used to the GBA graphics as when I got back to play AGES (supposing I played ALTTP first) it would look terrible.

Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Evil Genie Jafar wrote:
Mermaid Kelly wrote: :o I'm a Zelda fan!!!!!
Yeah, I was wondering where you were. 8)

Nobody else?

PS

You were right about The Minish Cap. I got hooked to it since the moment I bought it.... I'm just about to finish the game (I'm in the last boss).
I used to be one.
Then, master chief camed to kick some spacial butts!!! 8)

Halo rules!!!
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

I played Zelda once, when I was like 8 years old(10 years ago) haven't played it since. I actually have Zelda and almost all the Mega Man games on my computer now but I haven't played them recently. I don't really like Mega Man it's kinda retarded, I don't even know why I have him on my computer in the first place. I got a lot of Nintendo games on my computer.
Key
Special Edition

Post by Key »

Dan05 wrote:
Timon/Pumba fan wrote:As for my next game, I might buy Kingdom Hearts 1. (That's right I still don't have it!)
You own a PS2 and don't own KH yet :o

It's a must have. Especially for any Disney fan! It was an excellent game. Pretty tough at times but the graphics were amazing and the game was just brilliant!
I think much of this can be blamed on really bad camera angles. :lol:
Wherever. Whatever. Have a nice day.
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

I'm not usually a huge video game player, but I was reading PlayStation Magazine and I read a review for Lego Star Wars; the review was very positive, so it persuaded me to rent it. Holy cow this game is so freaking AWESOME! The Lego humor is really funny, and it follows both the new and original trilogies, though PSM is right; you can beat the new trilogy in 4 hours or not much more(this is Lucas's fault for putting too many serious scenes :roll: ). All in all, this game is a blast and the next time I get $40, I am soooo gettin' this game. ;) ;) ;) ;)
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

it´s for Xbox also?
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

it´s for Xbox also?
Brer Brandon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Brer Brandon »

I finally bought X-Men Legends this weekend. I have not had a lot of time to play this week, but it is awesome!
blessedarethegeek.tumblr.com