What cool video games have you played recently?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

I don't know, people moan about Disney stopping handdrawn animation, but nobody cares about the death of sprite based games - some of which feature awesome handdrawn animation :(

Like... (altough mostly cel shaded)

or

or

or

"You're only second rate!"
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

But that's not the same. Everyone was against a Cell-Shaded Dumbo II, even though they never saw Disney's attempts. Handdrawn sprites still have an edge over Cell-Shaded graphics. Look at Street Fighter III. Some of the detail and animation in that matches Disney's.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Dan05
Special Edition

Post by Dan05 »

Isidour wrote:I have never get the point of that games, what´s the fun about controlling the little guy´s life?

now if we talk about something like Fifa or Halo or Silent Hill, that´s a cool videogame
The Sims is a fun game. Especially Sims 2. It can get boring afterwards but I find myself playing them for awhile.

Fifa is a good game also.

I haven't played Halo because X-BOX sucks and I own the better system which is PS2 :D

And as for Silent Hill, you actually play that game!? I can't stand games like that, they are so boring.
Last edited by Dan05 on Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

Dan05 wrote:I haven't played Halo because X-BOX sucks and I own the better system which is PS2 :D
I totally agree with you there... PS2 is a lot better system than X-BOX.
I don't really like the Sims, I mean it was good but then I got bored with it. I mean you create a family which, you control. Of corse I like burning them alive because I'll make them use the stove but they don't have any cooking skills so the kitchen starts on fire then eventually them.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition

I also got X-Men Legends... so I can play with my friends.

Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition

Right now I'm playing X2: Wolverine's Revenge.

...thanks to Blockbuster.

I bought this game long ago trough ebgames.com but it came damaged. Everytime I tried playing it, the game would give me an error and wouldn't keep going. I had to open the disc cover so I could continue.

Of course I had the chance to return it but ebgames doesn't refund you what you pay for the S&H and then it takes too much time for the order to arive. Once this happened to me with another game and I had to return it 2 times. And by the time I finally got the good one it took like 2 months in all.

I quickly tought of renting the game in Blockbuster and exchange it but I was way too lazy to do it... until now. 8)

Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

:o

now that´s what I call evil
but thanks for the tip :twisted:
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition

Isidour wrote::o

now that´s what I call evil
but thanks for the tip :twisted:
Hey, I'm Jafar after all :twisted: .

Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

"I love how your little mid works"
Dan05
Special Edition

Post by Dan05 »

I finally played Gran Turismo 4 yesterday but didn't really like it. It's not my kind of game.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Evil Genie Jafar wrote:I also got X-Men Legends... so I can play with my friends.
Hey Jafar! Have you done the sinking battleship level yet? I always run out of time. Most frustrating.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition

2099net wrote:
Evil Genie Jafar wrote:I also got X-Men Legends... so I can play with my friends.
Hey Jafar! Have you done the sinking battleship level yet? I always run out of time. Most frustrating.
I haven't got the time to keep playing. I'm going to in the summer. Also, I want to play with my friends. We got stucked in the HAARP facility... after Pyro. It is so hard!

Dan05
Special Edition

Post by Dan05 »

I just bought Fifa Street awhile ago since I liked it when I first played it. It's really fun when you make a team and your character. Once I complete everything in France i'm going to sign up for the tournament. It's a very fun game for those who like soccer.
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

I rented Midnight Club 3 last week. I'm bored with it now, though.

Ah well, back to MVP 2005, I am
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

The only working system I have is my PCs and Gameboy Advance SP. I play The Lion King 1 1/2, Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls.

On my PC, I play Dungeon Siege, Legends of Aranna.

Bye
Leonia
Special Edition

Post by Leonia »

I just got La Pucelle Tactics...it's one weird SRPG.

I wanted to get Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, but Fry's ran out of stock on that one...
tomothy81
Gold Classic Collection

Post by tomothy81 »

Zoltack wrote:
Dan05 wrote:I haven't played Halo because X-BOX sucks and I own the better system which is PS2 :D
I totally agree with you there... PS2 is a lot better system than X-BOX.
I don't really like the Sims, I mean it was good but then I got bored with it. I mean you create a family which, you control. Of corse I like burning them alive because I'll make them use the stove but they don't have any cooking skills so the kitchen starts on fire then eventually them.
Some of PS2's games are better, but for overall graphics XBox is better. For instance, Madden's graphics are much better on XBox than they are on Playstation 2. Both systems have their high and low points, but I don't think that you could say that one is necessarily better than the other.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition

tomothy81 wrote:
Zoltack wrote: I totally agree with you there... PS2 is a lot better system than X-BOX.
Some of PS2's games are better, but for overall graphics XBox is better. For instance, Madden's graphics are much better on XBox than they are on Playstation 2. Both systems have their high and low points, but I don't think that you could say that one is necessarily better than the other.
And I see, nobody mentions Gamecube. I don't blame you since Nintendo brought it upon itself... but for people who don't know, and honestly (I've played all systems) it has most of the best games in quality terms of all three.

-The wonderful Legend of Zelda saga... plus the upcoming new Zelda can make anyone drool.

-Metroid Prime (and Echoes): 2 of the best games of this generation.

-Resident Evil Remake (an indcredible update to the original), RE 0 (on the same level) and RE4 one of the best games ever made (it sits equallly in my mind to Ocarina of Time)

-Eternal Darkness: an awesome game that plays mind tricks with the player thanks to the insanity effects

.... and what about party games: Mario Parties, Mario Kat DD (try playing it with 8 players in plasma TV screens... I did), Super Smash Bros. Meleee (hours of fun), Wario Ware (just plain weird fun)...

Dan05
Special Edition

Post by Dan05 »

tomothy81 wrote:Some of PS2's games are better, but for overall graphics XBox is better. For instance, Madden's graphics are much better on XBox than they are on Playstation 2. Both systems have their high and low points, but I don't think that you could say that one is necessarily better than the other.
I actually do think that PS2 is better than X BOX. They have better games and I actually think it has the best graphics. I've played Gamecube before and I think that system is great too because they have the Mario games such as Mario Party, Paper Mario, Mario Tennis, etc. I've never played X BOX and don't want to because for some reason I just don't like it.

1. Playstation 2 :up: :up:

2. Gamecube :up:

3. X Box :down:
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

Dan05 wrote:I finally played Gran Turismo 4 yesterday but didn't really like it. It's not my kind of game.
What didn't you like about it? I thought it was a great game, until I got stuck trying to beat these really fast race cars, that's when I got mad. :twisted: I haven't played it in a while. I guess you not into cars as much as I am. :)

PS2 RULES!!! Not to sure about Gamecube though. :roll: