What cool video games have you played recently?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

dvdjunkie wrote:Having a blast with Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars on my PS3 and also my grandson has the DS version and he is having a blast.
How does that compare to the Original Trilogy? I had a lot more fun with Lego Star Wars II than the first one (with the prequels). Of course, on PS3 or 360, they are combined into LSW: The Complete Saga.

IMO, they improved the play quite a bit between the two games, and with The Original Trilogy being based on the classic SW movies instead of the prequels, that helped a lot as well.

I presume Clone Wars is based on the newer CGI Clone Wars show/movie, and not the older 2-D animated one. I would assume that the better playability is carried over from LSW II, I plan to give LSW: Clone Wars a shot as soon as I have spare income again.

dvdjunkie, how familiar are you with the Clone Wars show that the LSW game is based upon? Is it a pretty entertaining show, and does the LSW game follow the story pretty faithfully, or spoil any part of the story?

Speaking of Lego games, I still need to snag Batman and the two Indiana Jones games, and I saw that there was a new Harry Potter Years 1-4 game, as well as a Pirates of the Caribbean game.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^LSWIII is based on the newer CGI series(which itself is a fun show to watch). I enjoy playing the Lego games but they never really hold my interest for long. I like the humor though.

And I'll buy Lego Harry Potter: years 5-7 when that comes out.

Playing Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII right now. The story is moving, and the gameplay is a bit near-random.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Yes while you're all playing super-cool current-gen games, I'm passing the time with super-old, dated-on-release Lost Vikings 2, for the PSone. Though you Americans know it better by the title of Norse by Norsewest.

It's old-fashioned and a lot of fun, but bloody hard in the later stages. Hence why I am using an invincibility cheat.

Here's a review of all versions of the game, though it blasts my PlayStation version. Booo! :evil:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pO13YhbjIRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
LySs
Gold Classic Collection

Post by LySs »

Right now I'm currently playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and Epic Mickey

Both games are super fun! I started playing Epic Mickey first and currently I'm in the Pirates area. But right now I'm addicted to DKCR. It takes me back to the days of the original DKC games on the SNES.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

LySs wrote:Right now I'm currently playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and Epic Mickey

Both games are super fun! I started playing Epic Mickey first and currently I'm in the Pirates area. But right now I'm addicted to DKCR. It takes me back to the days of the original DKC games on the SNES.
Got both of those for christmas. Haven't finish either. DKCR is hard as fuck.

I'm currently playing smash bros 64 and brawl again. I just love those game for bringing the nintendo franchise together.

I hope, if they make another one, that the following become playable characters:

Ray MK (which ever ver.) from Custom Robo
Roslina from Mario Galaxy
Mona from Warioware
Adult Midna from Twilight Princess
Little Mac from Punch out
Saki Amayiya from Sin and Punishment.
King K. Rool from DK

only new guest characters I'd love see is Lara Croft and Duke Nukem.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
LySs
Gold Classic Collection

Post by LySs »

Super Aurora wrote: DKCR is hard as fuck.
Indeed. Especially if you're trying to get all the KONG letters and puzzle pieces. I lost 40 lives just trying to get through the first extra level.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

DKCR is insanely hard on some of the levels. I haven't finished it either, and got it around Christmas.

Great game though, and really fits well with the previous SNES titles.
DonMickGoof

Post by DonMickGoof »

Fallout 3
The Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Knights of the old Republic
- Information is not Knowledge,
Knowledge is not Wisdom,
Wisdom is not Beauty,
Beauty is not Love
Love is not Music
Music is the Best!
Frank Zappa "1940-1993"
------------------------------
- Jazz isn´t dead it just smells funny!
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Epic Mickey- Wii
Pokemon Black- DS
Last edited by Scarred4life on Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

LySs wrote:
Super Aurora wrote: DKCR is hard as fuck.
Indeed. Especially if you're trying to get all the KONG letters and puzzle pieces. I lost 40 lives just trying to get through the first extra level.
Don't bother unless you have two player. Cause some of the pieces is impossible to get without help of second player. The mine cart is one of them.

Watch the walkthrough on youtube. It's insane.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
LySs
Gold Classic Collection

Post by LySs »

Super Aurora wrote:
LySs wrote: Indeed. Especially if you're trying to get all the KONG letters and puzzle pieces. I lost 40 lives just trying to get through the first extra level.
Don't bother unless you have two player. Cause some of the pieces is impossible to get without help of second player. The mine cart is one of them.

Watch the walkthrough on youtube. It's insane.
So far I've been able to get all the KONG letters and puzzle pieces by myself. Just it takes a LOT of persistence. It is more fun to play with someone else though.

I only rely on the youtube walkthrough if there's a puzzle piece I absolutely cannot find.

Just beat the boss for the Cave world. Jesus, the Cave levels were fucking intense. Especially the one with the giant bat.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Games I'm Playing/working on Finishing

Pokemon Black - DS

Star Wars Lego III: The Clone Wars - 3DS

Kingdom Hearts: Re- Coded - DS

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep - PSP

Batman: Arkham Asylum - PS3

I know i've been very busy lately going out with my girlfriend takes up a lot of free time when I was single...but I wouldn't change any of it for the world....:D
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

^wow. one at a time.

Seriously, BBS requires focus.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

ajmrowland wrote:^wow. one at a time.

Seriously, BBS requires focus.
I know that...that's why i'll play it when I have some time to focus....and most of those games are on my to play/finish list.....Mainly I'm playing Pokemon Black and KH recoded when I have more free time....i'll work on finishing BBS this Summer....
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I have been playing Lego Star Wars III on my 3DS. It's a little kiddish but it's still fun.

Today, I got Portal 2 for my Xbox 360. If you like puzzle games and enhoyed the first game like I did, this might be up your alley.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

I've been playing some Shadow Hearts on PS2 (the first game.) I grew up with turn-based games, the judgment ring can get a bit tricky, but I've done OK with it so far.

Also for some reason, I decided to hook up my X-Box, I haven't messed with it for a while. I played some Dead or Alive 2: Ultimate, and then threw in Raze's Hell.

I am NOT a FPS (or 3rdPS?) or fighter player...
The fighting games kick my butt, both because of uber-cheese moves from the computer, and because I have sucky manual dexterity, and can't pull off all those combos. I also have a crappy memory, and trying to remember stuff like > F PP ^ K < K is horrible. Not to mention, the game uses pressure sensitive buttons, so hititng the button with a different amount of pressure can give me a 3 different moves, and a combo that needs a p won't work with a P or a P. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm on a controller instead of a fight stick, and it's a Game Stop controller to boot!

FPS games always get me because of moving the character with one stick, and moving the aiming point with the other. I'm not "amazing" on the computer with WASD and a mouse, but I suck a little less with that control scheme, on stuff like Duke Nuke 'Em, Shadow Warrior, MMORPGs, and so on. I really prefer games that aren't always locked on strafe. If I point the joystick left, I want the character to turn and go left, not sidestep left. For that matter, the funky Resident Evil controls always seemed crazy to me (up moves the character forward in the direction they are facing, left spins them in that direction, etc.), although I've got the series on GameCube (unplayed so far), so I'm not sure if they changed that.

My big genres are RPG, adventure, action/adventure, platformer. I love exploring, so games like that where you find hidden items and secrets are always fun.
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

My little brother just had a birthday and he got...

Toy Story Mania (Wii) From yours truly.
Real fun game. With four players we finished the story mode in 2 hours and had just enough points to buy all the bonus games. 3D was poor. You think the theater 3D makes you feel ill then you haven't tried playing a video game in 3D. :P

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (Wii) He bought with his birthday money.
Another fun game. I'm a big fan of the Lego video games and this one is close to being a favorite. (Batman's #1!) The story and Pirates universe parodied in Lego is just so neat to see. I like that game play is relatively quick and easy.

On other games...

New Super Mario Bros. (Wii)
"Finished" the game today! Now we're working on World 9.

Epic Mickey (Wii)
Have yet to finish since purchase in February(?). :( Brother finished a long time ago and is on second go round.
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Currently I am spending a lot of time with Infamous 2 on PS3. Fantastic graphics, and you can bring all your powers with you from the first game. "Infamous 2" rocks!!!!
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I recently Downloaded The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening DX and Donkey Kong for my 3DS on the eShop. Both are pretty fun games.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I was just about to start a Let's Play of Assassins Creed 2 when my PS3 overheated. Now I got the Blinking Red Light Of Death.