League of Extraordinary Gentlemen delayed until October (UK)

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
2099net
Signature Collection

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen delayed until October (UK)

Post by 2099net »

Fox News Release wrote:UK PREMIERE TO BE HELD IN LEICESTER SQUARE ON TUESDAY 14TH OCTOBER TBC
:brick:

This was supposed to be coming out in August. Oh well, another reason for some people to get pirate DVDs in the UK (or in my case wait until the R1 DVD is available and legally import it).

Waiting aside, I'm not paying good money to see a second or third hand dirt and dust encased print from America.

Do these film distributors realise that we now live in a global economy and it's them and their staggered releases destroying the industry, not Napster or other file sharing programs.

They need to wake up and smell the coffee! :angry:
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
jabroni76
Special Edition

Post by jabroni76 »

yes, that is very odd how one country gets something before another. I might understand something like a game from japan which needs to be translated, but movies... I dunno..
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

It because they say they cannot afford to make the additional film prints to open in the US and UK at the same time. That's why we normally get dirty, scratched prints in the UK - they've run in America first.

Yet they can afford to pay stars like Sean Connery $xxM? Somethings wrong. :?
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

Ahhhhh, America, what a great country. You should move hear!! :lol:

Actually I wouldn't mind moving out of the country for a while, for reasons none of you need to know about :huh: . :lol: . But seriously I think it would be cool to live in Englan for a little while or Australia, a country that speaks ENGLISH!!! (No offense to you non english speaking countries :wink: :) )
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Prince Phillip wrote:Actually I wouldn't mind moving out of the country for a while, for reasons none of you need to know about :huh: .
In trouble with the local Mafia Princey Boy? :)