Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:28 pm 
Platinum Edition

Warm Regards wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
Hillary Clinton set to receive more votes than any US presidential candidate in history except Barack Obama
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 13596.html

There's actually a petition on Change.com about this popular vote/ electoral vote issue -- the most popular petition that the site ever had. Basically, Clinton won over a million more votes than Trump, but because of the electoral college system those extra votes essentially don't matter.

Electoral College: Make Hillary Clinton President on December 19

I've read that after the votes are fully tallied, she could have at least two million more votes.

I'd like to believe the electoral college would prevent what's about to happen--considering preventing this kind of monstrosity is half their purpose along with balancing out rural and urban voting power--but I know they'll fall in line. I knew it would be hard for another Democrat to take office after 8 years of Obama, but I was hoping Hillary could at least get in and then lose in 2020 when a non-psychotic Republican rolled around just to stave off the Trump insanity. His cabinet so far looks like a who's who of the most racist lunatics in America. He's even terrifying some of the regular Republicans, but of course that won't stop them from falling in line either (see Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney who clearly don't have standards or spines). :roll: All I can think is that if the situations were reversed and Kanye f-ing West had just been elected as the Democratic candidate, I'd want the EC to take his ass out, too.

Btw, Trump paid off $25 million to get rid of the Trump University defrauding lawsuit. And now he's in an argument with the cast of Hamilton. :lol: This is going to be a long, depressing, terrifying 4 years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:27 am 
Collector's Edition

Happy Turkey Day fellow Americaners. Give extra tight hugs to the people in your life, even if you may not want to.

In the newest episode of "what's going on anymore?" political news...

Clinton's lead in the popular vote surpasses 2 million

Jill Stein Just Raised $2.5 Million To Start Recounts In 3 States

Anxious to have his life back, Donald Trump donates $2 million to Jill Stein's recount efforts.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:22 pm 
Limited Edition

More domestic Islamic terrorism hits Ohio State.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:16 pm 
Platinum Edition

^ And more Christian terrorism hit Ohio when some white man in Portland slit two people’s throats on a bus because they dared to stop him from screaming racial slurs and harassment at two Muslim women.

As an off-shoot from the Bob Iger thread (which would be more on-topic here), the best response to the brouhaha over Kathy Griffin’s latest attention stunt that I've seen was this. As for Trump himself coming out with some bullshit story to play the victim (while he’s busy victimizing the country and the Earth) about his son thinking he was dead, I’d say this is my favorite response:

Dear Trump: I’m Glad Kathy Griffin Scarred Your Children
politicallyincorrectusa.net/2017/06/01/dear-trump-kathy-griffin-children/

Meanwhile, in other news, I'm glad Putin-funded lunatics in Australia, France, and the Netherlands have all failed, even when a similar e-mail dump happened to Macron 2 days before the election in France as happened with Hillary to benefit Le Pen (who called Putin something along the lines of "the upholder of Christian charity" :huh: :huh: :huh: ). Funnily enough, I read Emmanuel Macron used the 2016 U.S. election results as leverage to propel him into office with ads showing clips of experts predicting a Hillary win followed by: "The Worst Is Not Impossible. VOTE." Hopefully Theresa May's snap election will fail, putting the nail in the coffin of Brexit and Putin's attempts to destroy the European Union (along with NATO)--although all these terrorist attacks in the UK seemed motivated to influence the result. And hopefully Angela Merkel will win re-election in Germany this Fall to prevent the fall of the EU; the rest of the world needs to stay strong while the U.S. is compromised. The German chancellor has lately been referred to as the leader of the free world... Something which used to be the U.S. president's title, but which is no longer deserved.