How Can DVDs Work in Toasters?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

How Can DVDs Work in Toasters?

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

As someone who enjoys watching movies and eating POP Tarts, I was wondering if there are any toaster models out there that play DVDs as well?

Currently, I heat up my brekafast by placing said tarts on the sidewalk to bake in the hot Newfoundland sun, but one day after a neighbour questioned why I did that, he said I should just buy a toaster as it would make my life easier. I asked the lad if I could save time by using the toaster to play movies too. He said he never heard of that, but thought the idea to be "neat" and said I should go to a store and ask them for help.

This lead me to a lengthly coversation with a Shoppe Keep who inisted that such a thing did not exist. When I asked why, he said that you need a laser to read the disc, along with the relevant connections to hook up said player to the TV. I responded "but if the toaster gets all hot and red inside, does this not mean a laser is located within it?" to which he responded "no" and then asked me to leave because he had customers to attend to and Hollister didn't even sell toasters to begin with. He also frequently laughed at me, which I found highly insensitive and confusing, although perhaps he noticed I was wearing white socks with black shoes at the time.

Anyway, what advice or toasters would you recommend?
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: How Can DVDs Work in Toasters?

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Well, I use a black toaster--not sure what brand--and pop tarts turn out fine with that one, so it should play DVDs. I've heard Blu-Rays work on silver toasters, but I don't think DVDs will play on non-black toasters. Don't quote me on that though.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

We gifted a toaster to our mother, which burns an imprint of Hello Kitty on every piece of toast. That effect doesn't seem to work on pop tarts. I'll have to check if it will burn an imprint of Hello Kitty on a DVD. I would test it myself, but I'm not well-versed in toaster technology and am afraid I'll break it.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Well, I use a black toaster--not sure what brand--and pop tarts turn out fine with that one, so it should play DVDs. I've heard Blu-Rays work on silver toasters, but I don't think DVDs will play on non-black toasters. Don't quote me on that though.
I have heard similar and would have asked the Shoppe keep about this, but I was afriad that singling out any one particualr colour of toaster would make me sound racist.
Escapay wrote:We gifted a toaster to our mother, which burns an imprint of Hello Kitty on every piece of toast. That effect doesn't seem to work on pop tarts. I'll have to check if it will burn an imprint of Hello Kitty on a DVD. I would test it myself, but I'm not well-versed in toaster technology and am afraid I'll break it.

Albert
But if Hello Kitty is imprinted on the DVD, does that mean I'd have to see Hello Kitty's face on top of every scene the movie? I'm not sure that would be appropriate for Shindler's List.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Oh, you guys are vicious.

Besides, everyone knows that the heat of the toaster makes the disc spin, thus creating enough thermodynamic velocity to play the DVD. Duh.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Flanger-Hanger, where've you been? You, Brenders and Widdi were like the coolest group on UD. :)
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Jules wrote:Flanger-Hanger, where've you been? You, Brenders and Widdi were like the coolest group on UD. :)
Where have I been? I never left! I'm always reading the forum, even if I don't post as much as I used to.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

I'll I know is I'm f***ed! Sony quit producing Betamax tapes!

CNET: Sony says it will stop producing its Betamax tapes in March