Harry Potter, from Lord Voldemort's perspective

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Kraken Guard
Special Edition

Harry Potter, from Lord Voldemort's perspective

Post by Kraken Guard »

Imagine fifty-five years from now, they decide to make a film entirely based on Lord Voldemort’s point of view.

It turns out that Tom Riddle and Albus Dumbledore were once Love Interests; but after some circumstances that involved Dumbledore robbing Riddle of his nose for power, Tom Riddle turns to the dark side and proclaims himself as the dark lord, Voldemort.

So, as a way to get back at Dumbedore, Voldemort decides to try and kill Harry Potter… For some reason. But his killing curse backfires, and his soul is ripped from his body. After some few years, Harry Potter, now a little older, goes off to Hogwarts and finds Tom Riddles’ Diary; Harry meets with Tom’s Ghost, and the two of them become best of friends, despite Voldemort wanting to kill Harry to get back at Dumbledore for robbing his nose all them years ago.

One thing leads to another; plot-holes after plot-holes are created; a great battle breaks out at Hogwarts, yada-yada-yada… Dumbledore turns out to be the big bad; turns out Voldemort was watching Harry Potter for all those years, and grew to love the boy, despite the hole that Dumbledore left in his heart… And the robbing of his nose. But hey! Once Dumbledore dies, Voldemort gets his nose back! And everyone lives happily ever after!

... And yes, I am still very bitter toward the movie, Maleficent; I refuse to see it, because...
Long story short: I see that movie as, pretty much, the equivalent to what I just wrote.
Think what you will. Remove if necessary. But I had to get it out. I'm sorry.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Re: Harry Potter, from Lord Voldemort's perspective

Post by ajmrowland »

Eh. I still enjoyed the movie purely for what it is.

And I would have thought with your avatar, that you are a fan of the movie.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Re: Harry Potter, from Lord Voldemort's perspective

Post by Musical Master »

I enjoy Maleficent for what it is, and I still think that Linda Woolverton had improved her writing over the god-awfulness called Alice in Wonderland.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
Kraken Guard
Special Edition

... So I'm the only one.

Post by Kraken Guard »

... May I request that this thread be closed or removed?

I wanted to vent out my frustration over the 2014 film Maleficent by likening the film to taking the characters from the Harry Potter series and changing them so that the villain of the series(in this case, Voldemort) could be portrayed as the misunderstood protagonist who walks down the path of darkness but ultimately redeems himself; but didn't want to take it to the main discussion for the film, so I made a separate thread.

However, I've come to the conclusion that making the thread was a bad idea. So, I would like to ask that the thread be closed or removed. I apologize for the inconvenience.