The King and I (Broadway Revival 2015)

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

The King and I (Broadway Revival 2015)

Post by Musical Master »

http://www.ibdb.com/production.php?id=497593

The King and I to be revived on March 15th, 2015. Kelli O'Hara as Anna Leonowens and Ken Wantanabe as the King of Siam. Plus the same creative team from the 2008 revival of South Pacific will return to work on this revival of the Rodgers and Hammerstein classic with Jerome Robbins original choreography recreated.
Last edited by Musical Master on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The King and I to be revived on March 15th, 2015

Post by Escapay »

HUGE fan of Kelli O'Hara, so I'm looking forward to this production. Hopefully can squeeze a trip to NYC next year in order to see it.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I'm excited for this one, too. The King and I is probably my favorite Rodgers and Hammerstein musical, and I have such faith in this creative team. Their South Pacific was revelatory. I do hope I can see this in person, but if not, there's always a chance it could be broadcast for Live From Lincoln Center. Speaking of which, anybody excited for the broadcast of the Terfel/Thompson Sweeney Todd?
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I saw the last revival with Donna Murphy and Lou Diamond Phillips which was great. I hope they record this for PBS. Last year's Carousel with Kelli O'Hara, Nathan Gunn and Jessie Mueller was exquisite!
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Bartlett Sher is the perfect director for this, and I hope that one day he could do a revival of Follies, an underrated Sondheim musical that is always glanced over.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan