How do you transfer iTunes movies to Flixster or UltraViolet

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

How do you transfer iTunes movies to Flixster or UltraViolet

Post by dvdjunkie »

Most of you know that I am very computer illiterate when it comes to doing things that involve Disney movies. And this is why I am asking this question.

I always tranfer my Disney films to iTunes, and now, since I don't watch them on a tablet (?), iPad, or even my computer, I want to know how I can move these to Flixter or UltraViolet. I was surprised when "Saving Mr. Banks" offered me the choice, but none of the other Disney films have.

Is there anyway to transfer my Disney movies from iTunes to Ultra Violet or VuDu?

I made the inquiry to Disney Movie Rewards and they hooked me up to a site that they assumed I was looking for, but it is only for Movies on the Go with your iPhone, iPad, or Lap Top.

I have both VuDu and Ultra Violet accounts, which I am totally blown away how easy those were to set up, and I would like to add my Disney movies to one of these accounts so I can enjoy them on my Home Theater in my Man Cave.

I have never used any portable system, because I don't own any of them. Don't really understand what the difference is between an iPhone, tablet, or such. I have a cell phone that I use for emergencies only, or if I am out checking out used DVD/Blu Ray stores and can be contacted that way. I couldn't even tell you my cell phone number, I don't know it!!

I tell everyone that technology passed me by while I was sleeping and I am a total nerd when it comes to doing things on a computer or anything else that is considered technical.

Can anyone help me with this question? Would appreciate directions in "plain-old-laymen's terms" if you know to do this. Thanks.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Re: How do you transfer iTunes movies to Flixster or UltraVi

Post by ajmrowland »

Generally, you can't. iTunes and other Apple services are not compatible with other companies when it comes to media. this is why I usually use Google Play as can use all my devices with it.

You *can* however record your computer screen as the video is playing, but that would not get it onto Vudu or UV. It would have to be stored on the device Hard Disk.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Well, after asking a lot of questions, and getting nowhere, especially here, which I thought was really wrong to ignore this thread, I have found out how to get some of my movies onto my Vudu and UltraViolet cloud.

I went directly to the source - Disney Movies Anywhere - and talked with a cast member who got me steered in the right direction. Not all of my titles can be moved but I was surprised that there were quite a few that had the DigitalCopyPlus.com code in the packaging.

So now, I have "Frozen", "Oz The Great and Powerful", "Planes", "The Pirate Fairy", and "Robin Hood" all on my cloud and it only took a few seconds.

For those who want to do the same, just look in recent Disney releases on Blu-ray and you will find the DigitalCopyPlus.com code to put your movie into Disney Anywhere and given a choice of where else you want to put your movie.

I am going to go looking through ALL of my Disney collection on Blu-ray and make sure that I haven't missed any of them, and I am excited to find out that all Disney releases that are coming this year will all have the ability to be transferred to the Vudu or UltraViolet cloud.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Well good for you! :up:
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Some Disney titles I now have on Flixster or UltraViolet include "Old Yeller", "Swiss Family Robinson", "101 Dalmations", "The Rescuers/The Rescuers Down Under", Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier", "Tangled", "Bolt", "The Jungle Book", "The Jungle Book 2", and "The Parent Trap" (both versions).

I also have a stack of Blu-rays and DVD's that I am taking, a few at a time, to Walmart to have them downloaded to my UV Cloud for just $2 each. My collection has grown from four Disney titles to more than 100 titles, Disney and non-Disney.

Most current releases that I have added include "3 Days to Kill", "Noah", "Divergent", "Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit", and "Monument's Men", among others.

I am like a kid in a candy store. 74 years old and just discovering the magic of technology!!