Bluray Player Help

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Bluray Player Help

Post by Atlantica »

Hello !

I thought this would be the best place to put this, apologies if not !

I'd just like some advice on a bluray player; I'm moving out and I'd need a multi Region one for all my Region 1 discs...only thing is, on amazon it's not exactly clear if they are unlocked or not, so wondered if you guys might know off-hand?

I did used to have a multi region player but my mum accidentally spilled a drink over it resulting in irreparable damage. She threw it out before id had a chance to log the exact make and model unfortunately.

Only thing is I don't want to spend the earth either....might be asking too much? But I thought you'd be the best guys to ask anyway!

Thank you in advance :)
MeerkatKombat
Special Edition

Re: Bluray Player Help

Post by MeerkatKombat »

I can't name models or anything as I've had the same player for yonks.
I would find one one you like and look to see if there is a region hack for it on the internet. If it has one, then buy it. You are correct, Amazon aren't clear about whether players can be made region free but sometimes the reviews will tell you.
I paid something like £70 for my Philips three years ago and the region hack was really easy so no, you aren't asking too much.
I keep meaning to get a new one as mine is really bulky now so I understand where you are coming from.

So not the most helpful post but it is the only thing I can think to do. I did loads of research before buying my player as I knew I wanted to region hack it for my region 1 dvds. I also had a tight budget and I did find one.
Usually the hacks only make the player play region1/3/4 dvds and won't change the blu ray region so I don't know if that is a problem.

Good luck! I hope this is a little bit of help to you.

All players should be DVD region free now as importing is so easy and nearly everyone does it anyway.
Settling Soul mates? That is grim. And I've played Monopoly alone.
Disney_freak
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney_freak »

This website might be able to help you: http://www.blu-ray.com/players/
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Thank you both very much ! :)

Ever so confusing trying to work out what is and what isn't, you'd think like you said MeerkatKombat they'd make them just region unlocked as standard as it is indeed so easy to import.

I'll let you know which one I pick !
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Atlantica wrote:Hello !

I thought this would be the best place to put this, apologies if not !

I'd just like some advice on a bluray player; I'm moving out and I'd need a multi Region one for all my Region 1 discs...only thing is, on amazon it's not exactly clear if they are unlocked or not, so wondered if you guys might know off-hand?

I did used to have a multi region player but my mum accidentally spilled a drink over it resulting in irreparable damage. She threw it out before id had a chance to log the exact make and model unfortunately.

Only thing is I don't want to spend the earth either....might be asking too much? But I thought you'd be the best guys to ask anyway!

Thank you in advance :)
Hey!
Have you gotten one yet? Because I have a few options for you.

I always suggest 220-Electronics.
http://www.220-electronics.com/

I'm on the same boat as you. I have Many region locked blu-rays from both US and UK. So I finally got this for my sister who has most of my blu-rays and it works amazingly good.

Now you can always get the OPPO blu-ray players.
But these players are cheaper and are "altered" to play all blu-ray regions and all voltages. I definitely recommend getting one from them.

This is the one that I got for my sister:
http://www.220-electronics.com/sony-bdp ... layer.html
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.