Statue/Figure Collection

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

And I just got my White Queen Emma Frost today.

<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Super Aurora wrote:And I just got my White Queen Emma Frost today.
:up: Good job, buddy! Congrats. :clap:

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Yea, congratulations! So you did get her! Why the big spend of your money on figures all of a sudden? lol I guess you really like her, she's your third one! lol That's an awesome one. She definately looks better with red lips like I said before and I love the top half of her costume. I think just wearing underwear on the bottom is tacky and slutty but of course a straighty like you would like it... :P
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Got another figure yesterday, Bishoujo line Psylocke

mine's have a different base though.

Disney Duster wrote:Why the big spend of your money on figures all of a sudden? lol
I dunno. I just like the work and art of these statues. But I won't be buying anymore for awhile.

Disney Duster wrote:I guess you really like her, she's your third one! lol That's an awesome one. She definately looks better with red lips like I said before and I love the top half of her costume.
I like the design of the statue hence why i brought. Also, the pose is very similar to the X-men outfit Emma Frost so I have the two next each other back to back like two sides of same coin. The X-Men Emma has the X-Men symbol on her base while the White Queen Emma has the Hellfire Club Symbol on her base. It works well.

I still like Jean(especially the Jim Lee's 90's version) more than Emma though.

Disney Duster wrote:I think just wearing underwear on the bottom is tacky and slutty but of course a straighty like you would like it... :P
Well this is her in White Queen outfit which is when she was an enemy and member of the Hellfire Club. In the Hellfire Club, the members were named after chess pieces and they dressed in 1700's outfits, and the women wore the dominatrix outfits of the 1700's. It was all for a theme.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Super Aurora wrote:I dunno. I just like the work and art of these statues. But I won't be buying anymore for awhile.
Okay. I was just wondering why the surge of it and I guess you don't know either. Maybe it was this thread and going to the comic shop.

Okay so you just love the Emma statues a lot. they are really great but I also really like her designs aside from the poses and art.
Super Aurora wrote:Well this is her in White Queen outfit which is when she was an enemy and member of the Hellfire Club. In the Hellfire Club, the members were named after chess pieces and they dressed in 1700's outfits, and the women wore the dominatrix outfits of the 1700's. It was all for a theme.
Oh. But they didn't have to choose some clothes that you would only see in private...it's still weird for any super hero or super villain to wear what you'd only see in a bedroom outside in public. And looking up pictures, it seems 1700's dominatrix outfits usually covered from the breast's underwear to the lower underwear.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Disney Duster wrote:Okay. I was just wondering why the surge of it and I guess you don't know either. Maybe it was this thread and going to the comic shop.
possibly. Also I do admit it is addictive. Chris also admitted that too. Once you brought one, you can't help but want to go buy more.

Disney Duster wrote:Okay so you just love the Emma statues a lot. they are really great but I also really like her designs aside from the poses and art.
I like her. But I like 90's Jean Grey way more. She's the big setting influence for my character, Leonarda.

Disney Duster wrote:Oh. But they didn't have to choose some clothes that you would only see in private...it's still weird for any super hero or super villain to wear what you'd only see in a bedroom outside in public.
eh, if you read many superhero comics, you'll know a lot of them wear very skimpy or tight outfits. Fan-service if I must say.

Disney Duster wrote:And looking up pictures, it seems 1700's dominatrix outfits usually covered from the breast's underwear to the lower underwear.
yeah well there are slight alternations in the comic versions but overall theme is still there. Jean Grey was the Black Queen of the group.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Super Aurora wrote:Also I do admit it is addictive. Chris also admitted that too. Once you brought one, you can't help but want to go buy more.
Oh. yea I'm addicted with stuff I buy and collect too.
Super Aurora wrote:But I like 90's Jean Grey way more. She's the big setting influence for my character, Leonarda.
Oh yea that too.
Super Aurora wrote:if you read many superhero comics, you'll know a lot of them wear very skimpy or tight outfits. Fan-service if I must say.
Yea...that's the reason. I also bet that's the reason they made the 1700's outfits a little different than perhaps the real ones would be. I don't know why if they want to be realistic comic artists would allow such fan-service outfits for powerful heroes or why girls would want to see empowered female super heroes kicking butt in public in fan-service outfits, but oh well. Double standard!
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Disney Duster wrote: I don't know why if they want to be realistic comic artists would allow such fan-service outfits for powerful heroes or why girls would want to see empowered female super heroes kicking butt in public in fan-service outfits, but oh well. Double standard!
Comic are aimed at teenage boys to young male adults. It's pretty obvious the fan-service being there. Anime/manga no different. Realism in comic vary depending on style, content etc. There's many factors. Usually the backgrounds and toning are renders with realism in comic while the characters and the physic defying attributes are more "fantastical" and exaggerated.

There's no double standard here.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yea. I hope I don't offend you but...I truly wonder...why would straight boys want to read about a super hero that's a girl? It's not like they'd want to be the girl they read about like they'd want to be the guy super heroes.

I mean I know I want to read about girl super heroes but I'm gay and I wouldn't mind being like them and having their rainbow butterfly powers or pink capes or whatever.

And I still say the double standard's always at play because the men's outfits aren't so revealing but they make the women's that way. It's a very obvious double standard.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Disney Duster wrote:Yea. I hope I don't offend you but...I truly wonder...why would straight boys want to read about a super hero that's a girl? It's not like they'd want to be the girl they read about like they'd want to be the guy super heroes.
Because it's awesome. that's why. Sometimes I like reading girls as the main heroes than guys. Not always, but many times I do. This is why my main character in my series is Leonarda. beautiful, elegant, sexy, but also strong, strong minded, independent with touch of mother essence.

But I too, prefer girls in more casual outfits than the skimpy superhero outfits too. Just that it doesn't bother me that much compare some people.

Disney Duster wrote:And I still say the double standard's always at play because the men's outfits aren't so revealing but they make the women's that way. It's a very obvious double standard.
True in that sense however the guys are also exaggerated too with the muscles. There are some objectifying in the guys Namor is one example(although he's a straight up badass). Just that it's not as much.

Remember this is a comic who's main demography are aimed at straight guys so obvious the girls gonna wear sexier clothing.

A double standard would be people (usually girls) complaining about the serialization of girls in a male aimed comic yet don't seems to bother or care if any guys are presented the same way.

In my cartooning class few girls are bitching(although subtly but i can tell easily off the bat) how I'm "objectifying" the girls despite my girls, even though sexy, are wearing casual clothes. The reality is, these girls are seem to be offended more so because they're either jealous or wish they had sexier body or something. The guys don't complain when I give the guy characters roid muscles and such. It annoys me in my cartooning class.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Okay good, I'm really glad you are one of the people to not let gender have any effect on you getting into and enjoying a character. I guess I thought it would be a problem for a lot of guys, but I'm very glad to know it's probably less guys than I think it is. And I really like how you make Leonarda. Very cool.

You're right that most super hero comics give both guys and girls perfect (and "sexy") bodies. I was just talking about the outfits. Sorry those girls don't get it and are annoying.
Super Aurora wrote:A double standard would be people (usually girls) complaining about the serialization of girls in a male aimed comic yet don't seems to bother or care if any guys are presented the same way.
Looking up the definition of that word, I don't know if you mean that word...?
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Disney Duster wrote:
Super Aurora wrote:A double standard would be people (usually girls) complaining about the serialization of girls in a male aimed comic yet don't seems to bother or care if any guys are presented the same way.
Looking up the definition of that word, I don't know if you mean that word...?
whoops. that was a typo. I meant sexual objectifying.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Statues are fun!!! :D

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Just got my Koto Bishoujo Jean Grey today :D

I love Siren!
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

xxhplinkxx wrote:Just got my Koto Bishoujo Jean Grey today :D

I have her already.

*Xxhsplinkxx is SSSSLLLOOOWWW*
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Super Aurora wrote:
xxhplinkxx wrote:Just got my Koto Bishoujo Jean Grey today :D

I have her already.

*Xxhsplinkxx is SSSSLLLOOOWWW*
Slow? I'd say I'm doing pretty well for myself considering I just got into this hobby like a month ago lol

I love Siren!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Here are a few pics I just snapped of my Jean. Sorry for the crappy quality/flash.

I love Siren!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Here she is! FS Phoenix #1579

I love Siren!
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Got Bishoujo statue Supergirl today. She's actually pretty large in scale/size compared to the bishoujou statues of Emma, Jean, and Psylocke I have.

Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

So I got my Elektra and Invisible Woman in today!

Here is pics of me with them as well as pic of me with the Supergirl I got yesterday.