Looking for a movie that came out around late 80s early 90s

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Kristie0603

Looking for a movie that came out around late 80s early 90s

Post by Kristie0603 »

t was probably a TV movie from the late 80s/early 90s, and I'm 99.9% sure it was a Disney movie but obviously I have no way to prove it

The movie was about a teen or tween girl who would always change her outfit as soon as she got to school - she'd leave the house in something boring/frumpy to fool her parents, and then as soon as she got to school she'd change into like a mini and a boob tube and frizz up her hair..

Then one day she forgets that it's Yearbook Picture Day but she's already changed into her 'cool' outfit and it's too late to change so she ends up getting photographed like that. I even remember that the camera kept clicking even as she's getting up from the chair..

I remember ONE line from the movie and one line only, something her friend says to her in the cafeteria: "--and that girl is 100% pure polyester."

I *think* she was a brunette. I *think* she wore glasses..

NOTE: It's not that episode of Degrassi Junior High.. Or that Shannon Elizabeth scene in Scary Movie..
Amy Medford
Banned

Oh, you mean "Homeroom Hussy"?

Post by Amy Medford »

Hello~

Oh, you mean "Homeroom Hussy"?
:lol:

Just kidding, but I LOVE mysteries, so I don't mind trying to find out the REAL title of the movie for you!

Oh, and maybe you'll be able to help me, too! During 2003, I had had a surgery, and I was relaxing, post-op, in a hotel room, with my family.

Somebody decided to turn on a really weird movie, but I have never been able to identify it by its title! The movie's main character was an African American man, and was dealing with a villain who was Caucasian. The black guy spent a great deal of time fighting the white guy on the white guy's territory, but when the black guy led the white guy to his (the black guy's) inner city neighborhood, he was able to win the cat-and-mouse game.

The movie's stalker-type theme sort of creeped me out, due to the fact that the physical atmousphere of the inner city was portrayed as being creepy.

At one point, the white guy was getting ready to pursue the black guy through the inner city, and he (the white guy) ducked into a room, and he transformed himself into this creepy, Russian-looking, "Doctor Zhivago's villain"-type of guy! There are very few non-horror movies that creep me out so much, but, due to the aforementioned scene in this particular movie, I was able to add it to the list of movies that creep me out majorly!

As much as that movie scared me in my post-op state, I'd love to be able to figure out what its title was. Even the person who turned the movie on can't seem to remember which movie it was!

Have a Disneylicious day!
:idea:

Kristie0603 wrote:t was probably a TV movie from the late 80s/early 90s, and I'm 99.9% sure it was a Disney movie but obviously I have no way to prove it

The movie was about a teen or tween girl who would always change her outfit as soon as she got to school - she'd leave the house in something boring/frumpy to fool her parents, and then as soon as she got to school she'd change into like a mini and a boob tube and frizz up her hair..

Then one day she forgets that it's Yearbook Picture Day but she's already changed into her 'cool' outfit and it's too late to change so she ends up getting photographed like that. I even remember that the camera kept clicking even as she's getting up from the chair..

I remember ONE line from the movie and one line only, something her friend says to her in the cafeteria: "--and that girl is 100% pure polyester."

I *think* she was a brunette. I *think* she wore glasses..

NOTE: It's not that episode of Degrassi Junior High.. Or that Shannon Elizabeth scene in Scary Movie..
Until Next Time,
Amy Medford
(a.k.a. Jackoleen)
Amy Medford
Banned

Could it be "Student Exchange" perhaps?

Post by Amy Medford »

Hello~

"Student Exchange" was a Disney movie that was released on television during 1987; in the movie, a pair of students learn that two exchange students, who SHOULD have been sent to THEIR school, were sent to the wrong school, and they decide to garner some fame by pretending to be the two students who were supposed to be at their high school. Could "Student Exchange" be the movie that you're remembering?

If you're not remembering "Student Exchange", you might be remembering one of The Disney Company's other television movies, as listed on the following page:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disney_made_for_TV_movies

Have a Disneylicious day!
:idea:
Until Next Time,
Amy Medford
(a.k.a. Jackoleen)