Anyone Else Affected by the Winter Weather?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Anyone Else Affected by the Winter Weather?

Post by PixarFan2006 »

We were hit with a huge ice storm last night. Quite a few tree branches were taken out and there are more of them that are still covered in ice. We have freezing temperatures for the next few days so it might be a while before they finally thaw out. I hope this ends soon.
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Anyone Else Affected by the Winter Weather?

Post by Walter »

I am already tired of winter, as I already had to shovel my driveway 3 times, and feeling really sore afterwards. At least I am getting a much needed workout. :)

Last night we had a power outage for an hour, and hope it does not happen today. Plus always worrying that my car won't start at the worst possible time.
Thoix

Post by Thoix »

Winter weather doesn't seem to affect me nearly as much as other because I live in a are where it never gets too cold more me to deal with. It snows up here, but it never gets super cold like the rest of the United States. Speaking of which, I've heard of the horrible cold winds passing through the middle and east of the country right now. It amazes me.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

I think it's sitting at -40 C where I am right now...
moviefan12
Gold Classic Collection

Post by moviefan12 »

Now 13 Degrees doesn't sound so bad.
Favorite Animated Disney films: 1. Dumbo, 2. Tangled, 3. Frozen, 4. Beauty and The Best, 5. The Little Mermaid, 6. Cinderella

Favorite Princesses, 1. Rapunzel, 2. Ariel, 3. Sofia, 4.Elsa, 5. Belle, 6. Cinderella/Anna
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I'm In IL and about 3 hours away from Chicago and Saint Louis, and we've been snowed in since Sunday. Today a neighbor plowed out our drive way with a back hoe and it seriously it deep. I went out to check the mail on Monday and the snow was up to my knees, and of course there was no mail when I got there. When I did that, the wind chill was about - 30 degrees outside. I've never seen snow like this before in my life. The Whole State of IL roads are bad including the interstate. We're going to hope to try to go out tomorrow, but very carefully. There's already be a few deaths in IL from people just shoveling it and being out in it for far too long. Everything is completely closed. I had made an order through Toys R Us and the package actually did arrive to the town I live because there is a place about 10 minutes away that has a UPS headquarters with a trucking station. The reason they said they can't is because of adverse weather conditions. You know the roads are bad when UPS is 10 minutes from my house and yet it's not safe for them to delver it.

Kinda Ironic that Frozen was the Box Office Winner on the weekend of a huge winter storm.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

disneyboy20022 wrote: Kinda Ironic that Frozen was the Box Office Winner on the weekend of a huge winter storm.
Yeah, as I find myself acting like Anna when having to wait longer than usual at the train station 2 days ago. And I did not wear any layers that day. :)
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Walter wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote: Kinda Ironic that Frozen was the Box Office Winner on the weekend of a huge winter storm.
Yeah, as I find myself acting like Anna when having to wait longer than usual at the train station 2 days ago. And I did not wear any layers that day. :)
The cold never bothered me anyway. :P
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Thoix wrote:Winter weather doesn't seem to affect me nearly as much as other because I live in a are where it never gets too cold more me to deal with. It snows up here, but it never gets super cold like the rest of the United States. Speaking of which, I've heard of the horrible cold winds passing through the middle and east of the country right now. It amazes me.
I usually feel the same way(actually once tried to walk home in a blizzard a couple years ago) but this week has been freezing. About -35 with wind chills. Luckily, Roads aren't too bad in my area, but it's way too cold to snow here.

Haven't really had to shovel the driveway. That's usually the only thing I dont like about winter.

The cold never bothered me anyway.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

My backyard a few days ago.
(embed wont work )
http://i1.minus.com/ibbVZRFCfyj3U5.jpg

Nice try, Disney marketing.
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

Oh my goodness. As a Southern Californian, snow and cold weather fascinate me. I know it's probably awful for you guys in it, but I'd like to experience that at least once in my life. It's been in the 70s here. :(
Disneyphile
Special Edition

Post by Disneyphile »

You'll never guess what happened to Niagara Falls today! Yup, Frozen!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

For those that want to turn this snow into a tasty treat, there's a recipe I've been using to make Snow Ice Cream.

1 can of sweet and condensed milk

1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract

and 8 cups of snow and you have a very tasty treat.

Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

Disneyphile wrote:You'll never guess what happened to Niagara Falls today! Yup, Frozen!
Sorcery! :D
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

disneyboy20022 wrote:For those that want to turn this snow into a tasty treat, there's a recipe I've been using to make Snow Ice Cream.

:lol: Is snow safe to eat? Couldn't it be contaminated or something? :P
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Jules wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote:For those that want to turn this snow into a tasty treat, there's a recipe I've been using to make Snow Ice Cream.

:lol: Is snow safe to eat? Couldn't it be contaminated or something? :P
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZvJ-NgIPg0[/youtube]

Kraken Guard
Special Edition

Post by Kraken Guard »

Ehh, I just tell myself to Let It Go... :P
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

this winter has sucked. It's freezing, my daughter keeps missing school because of the cold and these storms. I was in a car accident last month, totaled my car and now I'm out of work because of my injuries. I need to get away.
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

I wish I could get away. But always have to remember, that I will have to come back home, and deal with the snow anyway.

I am already sick of this winter, as this has to be the worst that I could remember. I already went through one power outage, and lost count on how many times I had to shovel my driveway. But it was a very good thing that I had a neighbor, who was nice enough to use his snow blower to help remove the snow from my driveway. It helped a lot, since the snow was wet and heavy.

Removing the snow from the car, is another thing in itself.

But after Monday night, when we are suppose to get some snow, the temperature should go into the 40's and even the 50's for the next few days after that.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I'm sorry for the trouble this winter is bringing you guys. :( Here, winters are cool and comfortable. It is rarely freezing (figuratively, as the temperature has never gone down to freezing point) and I can't help thinking that most people currently snowed in would probably kill to come here. It's even warm when it's sunny ... warm enough to make you sweaty under your vest and shirt if you walk swiftly.

Then again, I would love to experience snowfall and grab (and throw) a snowball at least once in my life. It doesn't snow here in Malta. :|