Episode 4: A New Hope for Gay UD Threads?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

enigmawing wrote:I don't see how it's fair to compare homosexual tendencies to murder.
He never said he'd make any sense. :P milojthatch is the equivalent of dvdjunkie in the Glee thread: he's so overcome with hatred that he has to spread the "news" by posting the same thing repeatedly. Trolling, in other words. :lol:

The only thing I don't get is how some people act like homosexuality is so wrong (when actually it's found in nature--created by God--just so you know :wink: ), that they forget that the Bible actually finds all forms of sexuality/lust similarly repulsive. Monogamy was promoted because most people aren't capable of being celibate--better to marry than "burn" (with lust). The funny thing is most Christians today--who mostly have never read the Bible or know nothing about it besides what they're priests tell them--see the "ideal" as heterosexuality. Nada. They show their own ignorance (of both natural facts and their own source of reference).
milojthatch wrote:I may disagree with you, but I still see you as a child of God, and within my own human frailty, try to show some kind of respect. But, I admit, as most tests in life are, it gets harder to show respect all the time when your being attacked with venom. So please, do me a favor and help me by not making it so hard to be nice to you.
It's funny--that's what gays have been saying to Christians for, oh, generations now. But most Christians have never been about being empathetic--especially not when they're the oppressive majority. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
PrincePhillipFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by PrincePhillipFan »

I have never been so digusted before by someone's post, and that's saying a lot from what I've seen on the net. Just how one compares a relationship between two consenting adults of the same gender to murder, rape, pedophilia is just mindboggling. I hope someone hangs a giant rainbow flag over your house in the middle of the night. Good day, sir.
-Tim
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Yeah, i just love how many people treat heterosexuality as the Christian Ideal when the bible all but condemns sex. And that's not even crossing over to the semi-ridiculous age restrictions and other views surrounding sex.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Disney's Divinity wrote:The only thing I don't get is how some people act like homosexuality is so wrong... when actually it's found in nature--created by God--just so you know...
I think Milo needs to commit a little more time trying to save gay penguins at the zoo. Perhaps THEY will see the light and abandon their sinful, sinful ways.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Well yeah, someone must inform them of their sinful ways, it's not as if most penguins read the bible on a regular basis like they should. And poor Tango, growing up with such a bad influence . . .
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

milojthatch wrote:Ok, I'm really sick of the "born this way" excuse. It's basically the gay community saying that they have no control over their actions and no desire to better themselves from their original Earthly state, or even see a reason to.
Earthly state? :lol:

I'm pretty sure male dolphins have sex just for fun. As do zebras, monkeys and penguins. Most animals probably. Some species eat each other after sex. It's all the good Lord's design. And humans shouldn't act upon their homosexual desires... because ... someone, or you don't like it? I dislike beans.. doesn't mean I want the world to stop eating them.

Seriously how does me or anyone else being gay affect you? And who do you think you are telling us we have no desire to 'better' ourselves? Better ourselves from what exactly? This earthly state you mention, what does it even mean? If it's some biblical thing, you should know not everyone believes that stuff.

EDIT: I hadn't noticed milo is a homophobic troll, so I'm probably talking to a wall here. So I'll just throw in some comedy:

Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

enigmawing wrote:I don't see how it's fair to compare homosexual tendencies to murder.
Let's not forget he also compared being homosexual to being a child molestor.

PrincePhillipFan wrote:Image

I have never been so digusted before by someone's post, and that's saying a lot from what I've seen on the net.
Do any of us think he actually cares what anyone else thinks? That's not why he's made it his mission to post homophobic, racist drivel so many times on UD.

Clearly, he gets off on his own self-generated controversy. The more people post offended or angry responses, the happier he is. In a way, we shouldn't give him any attention at all. In fact, why stop here? If we really want to see UD improved, we should ignore him in every single topic he posts in.

And Divinity, I'm sorry but that was a completely cheap excuse to launch a dig at someone over something that has nothing to do with human rights. For that comment, you should be ashamed of yourself. And why ever compare someone like MJT to 'junkie? There's bitter and then there's hateful- big difference!!
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Lazario wrote:And Divinity, I'm sorry but that was a completely cheap excuse to launch a dig at someone over something that has nothing to do with human rights. For that comment, you should be ashamed of yourself.
And yet I’m not. :P

It was meant as a joke, but if it came down to it, I’ve seen more than enough of him in the Idol thread, and others, the past few years to realize he’s very hateful (and not about shows or contestants). Besides, a troll is a troll, and the topic in question has nothing to do with it.

:D
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Disney's Divinity wrote:It was meant as a joke, but if it came down to it, I’ve seen more than enough of him in the Idol thread, and others, the past few years to realize he’s very hateful (and not about shows or contestants). Besides, a troll is a troll, and the topic in question has nothing to do with it.

:D
Alright, then I overreacted.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Lazario wrote:
Let's not forget he also compared being homosexual to being a child molestor.
As much as I despise that specific comparison and wholeheartedly disagree with it, I'm used to dealing with people who believe that any form of sexuality outside of a procreative marriage setting is somehow "deviant." But obviously, there is a huge, huge difference between what two consenting adults do behind closed doors as opposed to an adult manipulating and taking advantage of a child. And the main reason I didn't even point it out before is that I'd really rather not get into why I find that so extremely belittling and insulting.

Why is homosexuality such an issue anyway? When a murder is committed, there is a victim. When child abuse is committed, there are victims. When a homosexual act takes place between two consenting adults, where the hell is the victim? Just who exactly are they hurting and why should it bother anyone else so much? Just because someone is "lucky" enough to be born with the sexual tendencies most accepted by society doesn't give them the right to belittle anyone on behalf of God's supposed word from a book that endorses slavery and is constantly changing in interpretation. And it's more than just belittling when there's still so much prejudice, bullying, legal issues, and even killing going on simply because some are uncomfortable with the idea that sex just might not only be pleasurable, but an important part of who we are as people.

I would think that Disney fans, of all people, should know better than anyone else that people need to be accepted for who they are, despite their superficial differences . . . but maybe I'm just an idealist myself.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

enigmawing wrote:
Lazario wrote: Let's not forget he also compared being homosexual to being a child molestor.
As much as I despise that specific comparison and wholeheartedly disagree with it, I'm used to dealing with people who believe that any form of sexuality outside of a procreative marriage setting is somehow "deviant." But obviously, there is a huge, huge difference between what two consenting adults do behind closed doors as opposed to an adult manipulating and taking advantage of a child. And the main reason I didn't even point it out before is that I'd really rather not get into why I find that so extremely belittling and insulting.

Why is homosexuality such an issue anyway? When a murder is committed, there is a victim. When child abuse is committed, there are victims. When a homosexual act takes place between two consenting adults, where the hell is the victim? Just who exactly are they hurting and why should it bother anyone else so much? Just because someone is "lucky" enough to be born with the sexual tendencies most accepted by society doesn't give them the right to belittle anyone on behalf of God's supposed word from a book that endorses slavery and is constantly changing in interpretation. And it's more than just belittling when there's still so much prejudice, bullying, legal issues, and even killing going on simply because some are uncomfortable with the idea that sex just might not only be pleasurable, but an important part of who we are as people.

I would think that Disney fans, of all people, should know better than anyone else that people need to be accepted for who they are, despite their superficial differences . . . but maybe I'm just an idealist myself.
If there's a form I have to fill out that makes this reply eligible for some kind of UD Post of the Year award... I'd very much like to get a hold of it.

Of course, the UD homophobes will never answer to logic or stick around in an argument long enough to face a question like "where's the victim?" With them, it's just implied some blank idea of worry for the sake of children is the answer. With no sense about it, they want us to believe children are always the victims. Forget that children today already know and think more about sex than any generation before them at an earlier age thanks to marketing culture... And who feeds that? The same people who pay the politicians we keep in power. Corporate interests. Which are just as poisonous to children as what the homophobes are insisting "the gays" are doing. Dooming children to indulge in and do things Their (interpretation of the) Bible says are wrong. Act like whores, be selfish, think about sex constantly, and take no responsibility for anything they do. Hell, they can't even make shows like Jersey Shore without the young people having already been desensitized by negative imagery and bad messages in marketing, advertising, and commercials (as well as the popular target of the moral-majority types: movies, music, and TV) for decades before the cameras roll.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

There should be a forum rule against hate speech.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

If there was, it would only apply to certain words rather than attitudes. So, it would probably be pointless even if UD had one.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Sotiris wrote:There should be a forum rule against hate speech.
There is, but rules are easily broken.

As for "who's the victim?", Laz is right is saying who it supposedly is (children), but even ignoring cultural norms rgearding sex there is no evidence to suggest children are worse off knowing that gay people exist and being raised by them. The same way evidence has piled up over the last 30 years regarding just how natural homosexuality is, especialy in the animal kingdom where thousands of species have been known to participate in such acitivity. But research has never been religion's friend.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

But aren't they still stuck on that whole "God made us in His image" bullfish? Therefore, comparing ourselves to animals (which supports evolution over creationism) is unChristian?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:
Sotiris wrote:There should be a forum rule against hate speech.
There is, but rules are easily broken.
Well, I've checked the "UD Forum Posting Guidelines" thread and there wasn't any. There was just a rule against personal attacks. I think Luke or the mods should look into this.
Last edited by Sotiris on Tue May 08, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Lazario wrote:But aren't they still stuck on that whole "God made us in His image" bullfish? Therefore, comparing ourselves to animals (which supports evolution over creationism) is unChristian?
I would think so, but that hardly stops some Christians from accepting gays.

Really, when different people say they are of the same religion, but have opposing views on the same issue, it sends a clear message about the individuals stating the opinion.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Sotiris wrote:Well, I've checked the "UD Forum Posting Guidelines" thread and there wasn't any. There was just a rule against personal attacks. I think Luke or the mods should look into this.
I guess I was wrong then, but I'm certain in the past individuals who have posted homophobic comments have been called out by the mods for it.

And while we're on the subject of gay bullying I found this video amusing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln3Cb1ms ... ideo_title

^ It's the bleeped version so I hope it's still OK mods.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Why are people not allowed to feel hate and / or express those feelings? Specific insults are a different matter, but not all people should accept homosexuality and should be able to express themselves just the same way homosexuals want to express theirselves as well.

You can't gain respect by not respecting others. Like I said, specific personal insullts is different. But people should still be allowed to be ignorant and even be allowed to express their ignorance.

I myself work for an organisation that lets us visit high schools and start up a conversation/discussion about homosexuality, which is amazing. You see, where I live there are a lot of foreigners and especially muslims, which is great to just have talks about the subject with those people. It leads to interesting subjects sometimes, but at all times I'm respectful of their idead and culture. Yet, I also try to teach them to do just the same to me.
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

Khonnor wrote:Why are people not allowed to feel hate and / or express those feelings? Specific insults are a different matter, but not all people should accept homosexuality and should be able to express themselves just the same way homosexuals want to express theirselves as well.

You can't gain respect by not respecting others. Like I said, specific personal insullts is different. But people should still be allowed to be ignorant and even be allowed to express their ignorance.

I myself work for an organisation that lets us visit high schools and start up a conversation/discussion about homosexuality, which is amazing. You see, where I live there are a lot of foreigners and especially muslims, which is great to just have talks about the subject with those people. It leads to interesting subjects sometimes, but at all times I'm respectful of their idead and culture. Yet, I also try to teach them to do just the same to me.
Of course they're allowed to (freedom of speech and all that), but that doesn't mean we can't point out their ignorance.