Explain your Siggy: The Sigquel

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

My first new signature of the year!
Better suited for October but whatever. :D The Friends on the Other Side are one of my favorite things about The Princess and the Frog.

I love your drawings, enigmawing! Have you ever drawn snake form Jafar?
SmartAleck25
Special Edition

Post by SmartAleck25 »

Some of my favorite Mr. Potato Head quotes.

"That's Mr. Potato Head to you!"
"Don't you get it?! We're finished, obsolete, over-the-hill!"
"You're a purse with legs!"
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

I finally finished my "The Rescuers" banner:

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by avonleastories95 »

Beautiful, BelleGirl.
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

avonleastories95 wrote:Beautiful, BelleGirl.
Thank you! :)

Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

Nice banner there :)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

In response to BelleGirl's post:
You are very welcome!
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

BelleGirl wrote:I finally finished my "The Rescuers" banner
NOW we're talking! :up:

But did I miss something, or did you skip some films? Did you have a banner for Robin Hood? Or didn't I pay proper attention? :oops:
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Since Halloween's been over for awhile now I'd thought I'd try something new. Not sure if I love it yet, but we'll see.
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

Goliath wrote:
BelleGirl wrote:I finally finished my "The Rescuers" banner
NOW we're talking! :up:

But did I miss something, or did you skip some films? Did you have a banner for Robin Hood? Or didn't I pay proper attention? :oops:
I did make a banner for "Robin Hood" that I also showed here. I didn't put it here as a signature though. Ckick on the link beneath my signature and you will find the 'Robin Hood' banner too!

Yes, thus far I skipped the "package feature" films. I think I will come round to them in time.

Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

All your banners look great, BelleGirl! I seem to remember the last one you used on UD was '101 Dalmatians', is that correct?
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

Goliath wrote:All your banners look great, BelleGirl! I seem to remember the last one you used on UD was '101 Dalmatians', is that correct?
No. The last banner I used as siggy before 'The Rescuers' was Sleeping Beauty

Hope soon will begin work on "Fox and the Hound".

avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

My signature is now the lines of "Sittin on tha Toilet." I am hard at work of my Twilight Zone siggy. My old avatar will be back!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Put here for the sake of not derailing any other thread. Plus, it's probably the most appropriate place. :)
Disney Duster wrote:Disney's Divinity, your new banner/avie combo...I like the banner a lot, but it makes me feel weird, because after Esmeralda almost dies, Quasimodo is looking very happy and singing. I'm also not sold in the choice of avatar, but there's no denying you have a very haunting new set, and I like it better than the Princess and the Frog's. :P
:lol: @ the Quasi happy Esmeralda nearly dies thing. I meant for the right side of the banner to have more of a “Someday” vibe. On the left, that’s Frollo’s idea of religion--judgment (Quasi punished), repression (he has to be ashamed of his own desires), hellfire and brimstone, etc. On the right, Quasimodo’s--sanctuary, enjoying the beauty in the world (“Out There“), forgiveness and understanding, etc. I meant the picture to be more celebratory that Quasi is finally free from Frollo‘s twisted worldview.

That’s the main reason for the avatar I chose, with Mary and Jesus. God help the outcasts and all. :P

I realized as I was thinking about the banner that Esmeralda is pretty much treated like an object by Quasi and Frollo--the ultimate Madonna/whore complex going on there (which is why I had the center be the object-carving Quasi made of her, set on fire by Frollo). It actually made me think more about the movie and why Esmeralda needed to end up with Phoebus, who’s the only man in the movie who saw her as a real person, and not an angel or witch. I’ve been thinking about going in and editing that last picture on the right to include Phoebus and Esmeralda standing together at the church doors for that reason. But I’m lazy, so who knows.

I think the only thing I didn’t like about TP&TF set is that I didn’t find a way to better integrate Tiana’s veil, since it’s see-through. It looked like there was something green behind, when what was technically behind was brown. :lol: Besides that, I really loved that set myself.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Hunchback is one of my favorite Disney films. The banner does well to represent "Who is the monster and who is the man?"
Disney's Divinity wrote:the center be the object-carving Quasi made of her, set on fire by Frollo
Oh! I was going to ask you at some point what that fiery thing was.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I think the only thing I didn’t like about TP&TF set is that I didn’t find a way to better integrate Tiana’s veil, since it’s see-through. It looked like there was something green behind, when what was technically behind was brown. :lol: Besides that, I really loved that set myself.
I adored that sig. Could you post it here please?
Disney's Divinity

Hunchback is one of my favorite Disney films. The banner does well to represent "Who is the monster and who is the man?"
Thanks! :D I like your banner, too. Like you said earlier in this thread, it would definitely go well with Halloween. :)
Oh! I was going to ask you at some point what that fiery thing was.
That's what I guessed. :lol:

Anyway, glad to know you liked my TP&TF. We all need a little love. :lol: :)
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Mon May 27, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Put here for the sake of not derailing any other thread. Plus, it's probably the most appropriate place. :)
Disney Duster wrote:Disney's Divinity, your new banner/avie combo...I like the banner a lot, but it makes me feel weird, because after Esmeralda almost dies, Quasimodo is looking very happy and singing. I'm also not sold in the choice of avatar, but there's no denying you have a very haunting new set, and I like it better than the Princess and the Frog's. :P
:lol: @ the Quasi happy Esmeralda nearly dies thing. I meant for the right side of the banner to have more of a “Someday” vibe. On the left, that’s Frollo’s idea of religion--judgment (Quasi punished), repression (he has to be ashamed of his own desires), hellfire and brimstone, etc. On the right, Quasimodo’s--sanctuary, enjoying the beauty in the world (“Out There“), forgiveness and understanding, etc. I meant the picture to be more celebratory that Quasi is finally free from Frollo‘s twisted worldview.

That’s the main reason for the avatar I chose, with Mary and Jesus. God help the outcasts and all. :P

I realized as I was thinking about the banner that Esmeralda is pretty much treated like an object by Quasi and Frollo--the ultimate Madonna/whore complex going on there (which is why I had the center be the object-carving Quasi made of her, set on fire by Frollo). It actually made me think more about the movie and why Esmeralda needed to end up with Phoebus, who’s the only man in the movie who saw her as a real person, and not an angel or witch. I’ve been thinking about going in and editing that last picture on the right to include Phoebus and Esmeralda standing together at the church doors for that reason. But I’m lazy, so who knows.

I think the only thing I didn’t like about TP&TF set is that I didn’t find a way to better integrate Tiana’s veil, since it’s see-through. It looked like there was something green behind, when what was technically behind was brown. :lol: Besides that, I really loved that set myself.
I like your The Hunchback of Notre Dame banner, Disney's Divinity. I hope I can make an equal good one of that movie when I come to it.

Of course Quasi idiolises Esmeralda: she is the first person of flesh and blood that shows him kindness. he's not a 'man of the world' like Phoebus.

Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Nautilus from WDW's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction (1971-1994).
Disney's Divinity

I have to admit it’s weird without the Hocus Pocus. :lol: Still, good banner. :)
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I have to admit it’s weird without the Hocus Pocus. :lol: Still, good banner. :)
Glad you like it.