The Official Leaving/Returning Thread

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
David S.
Special Edition

Post by David S. »

The_Iceflash wrote:
dvdjunkie wrote:Just read on his Facebook page, that Escapay is no longer going to associate himself with the UD forums. That's going to be very sad for most of us. But at least those of us who know him can follow his adventures on FB.
I know he was getting fed up with certain members and attitudes around here. It's a shame, another good member gone.
I agree. His encyclopedia-like knowledge of DVD bonus features and old films in general was very impressive, as was his ability to find old threads! ;)

Plus, he was the biggest fan of the Merlin TV series on here, and thanks to him, I discovered it and became a fan as well. I'm not on Facebook, so I guess I'll try to send him an e-mail.
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag"- Mary Poppins
"How high does the sycamore grow? If you cut it down, then you'll never know"- Pocahontas
"I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether he be six or sixty. Call the child innocence." - Walt Disney
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I was hoping he’d come back for the new season of Glee even though he kind of fell out of the fandom during season 2 (the Glee thread was pretty “gleeful,” for the most part). But it’s probably just as well. Most of the members from when I first joined 6 years ago are gone, so I'm guessing the forums probably aren’t what he remembers anyway. They’re not exactly what I remember either, tbh. Besides, it’s uncertain whether it’ll be around for much longer as it is. It's still sad though.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Guys, I thought I'd just pop in to say that I will no longer be posting very much at all, at least for the time being. I've started teacher training, and that is really taking up a lot of my time at the moment. If I get the chance, I intend to pop in to make a few posts and whatnot! :)
Disney's Divinity

Good luck! :) Hope you'll be back soon.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Hope to see you sooner rather than later, Wondy! Good luck :)
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Leavin for AZ next month, if any UD memebers live in Az, give me a message or add me on facebook :) I'll be particpatin in the Relay For Life Walk, it's a fundraiser for Cancer Research, the event takes place on Oct. 8th-9th (it's overnight). I'll be in Az fo the whole month of Oct. startiin Oct 6th-27th
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

I won't be here as much as I'd like to be now because the school year has started (it actually started about 5 weeks ago, Haha). I will still read, but I won't comment as much. I'm not dead yet, just not really here.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

For a few weeks now, for me at least, Ultimate Disney/DVDizzy has become...awfully dull. Most of the topics in the Disney Discussion are 100-page threads decorated with trivial tidbits about upcoming releases and new special editions, and the other sections for the forum no longer seem as fun as they once did. In other words, I'm becoming slightly bored.

I will still visit the forums occasionally, and I will also visit Heartless' UD 2.0/Disney Mania. Nevertheless, by the end of October, either this forum will be over, or my time here will be; unless, of course, things liven up a bit.

And even though the following could be considered going "off-topic", one last thing - if you aren't already, then WATCH DOCTOR WHO. This marvellous fanmade video (which celebrates the last six years of what the show's fans refer to as "New Who") sums the series up rather nicely:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TaxyqO4bffk" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Disney's Divinity

Dr Frankenollie wrote:For a few weeks now, for me at least, Ultimate Disney/DVDizzy has become...awfully dull. Most of the topics in the Disney Discussion are 100-page threads decorated with trivial tidbits about upcoming releases and new special editions, and the other sections for the forum no longer seem as fun as they once did. In other words, I'm becoming slightly bored.
Yeah, I was hoping you'd keep making those "versus" threads. At the time, I though "Dr. Frankenollie's the only person keeping this forum going." :lol: :(
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Disney's Divinity wrote:Yeah, I was hoping you'd keep making those "versus" threads. At the time, I though "Dr. Frankenollie's the only person keeping this forum going." :lol: :(
I'm glad you enjoyed them. I might do another one now that you've said I'm the only person keeping the forum alive. :)
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I think that part of the problem is that there just isn't as much Disney news worth reporting as there once was...maybe partly due to Lasseter and Friends holding info back, and partly because...well, because info just isn't getting out much about upcoming movies! I mean, there was the video game video of Wreck-It Ralph, and news of The Lone Ranger picking up again, and the new trailer for The Avengers, but there just isn't as much news about upcoming releases as there used to be...

I still lurk every few days, and there just isn't much that I'm finding that I want to add my $0.02 to.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:For a few weeks now, for me at least, Ultimate Disney/DVDizzy has become...awfully dull.
Thanks for giving the forum a whole 5 months of your time! :thumb:
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

pinkrenata wrote:Thanks for giving the forum a whole 5 months of your time! :thumb:
You're welcome. :)

@BlackCauldron85: I concur.

Even though I keep considering some kind of departure from this forum, two things keep me glancing in daily:

1. The people here, many of which are friendly, amusing and intellectual.
2. The debates, especially those with Disney Duster. :wink:
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

:scratch:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

enigmawing wrote::scratch:
I know. :wink:

Dr. Frankenollie, I think pinkrenata's comment was meant to be sarcastic.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Sotiris wrote:Dr. Frankenollie, I think pinkrenata's comment was meant to be sarcastic.
:oops: It's hard to tell online when you can't see somebody's facial expression and you can't hear their tone of voice...

I should've known pinkrenata wasn't being serious; after all, this is the rude member who called Disney Mania "a cheap alternative forum." :x
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Renata isn't rude!!! She was just saying that you haven't been here for that long, so maybe you shouldn't jump the gun so soon on judging this site to be dull! I mean, UD tends to have its ebbs and flows as far as exciting activity, so stick around a while more and it'll pick back up!!!

And I mean, as far as Disney Mania goes, it wouldn't have the bulk of what UD has (I think that if worse comes to worse, it'll be nice to have a place to not lose touch with our UD friends, but it won't have the reviews and interviews and everything else that UD has). Just saying.
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

Now, Now, children, play nice or I will bond Kujo out of the pokey and send him to your houses for a play date. And trust me, you do not want to meet Kujo. :wink:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

blackcauldron85 wrote:And I mean, as far as Disney Mania goes, it wouldn't have the bulk of what UD has (I think that if worse comes to worse, it'll be nice to have a place to not lose touch with our UD friends, but it won't have the reviews and interviews and everything else that UD has). Just saying.
That's true. UD has been here so long it also functions as an incredible archive of information with some real gems in it. We all hope and wish it won't close after all.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Sorry CJ, but I have to say this...
blackcauldron85 wrote:Renata isn't rude!!! She was just saying that you haven't been here for that long, so maybe you shouldn't jump the gun so soon on judging this site to be dull! I mean, UD tends to have its ebbs and flows as far as exciting activity, so stick around a while more and it'll pick back up!!!
Firstly, members come and go all the time, and I sincerely doubt that Renata has yet to grasp that concept thus far. Secondly, several months could be considered a long period of time by Internet standards (after all, memes can sometimes become boring only a few days following creation). And I haven't completely left yet; even if I stop posting around the end of this month, I'll still be a lurker like you.

Finally, Renata is rather rude; anyone can see that in the last few pages of the locked Sitepocalypse thread in this subsection of the forum. Of all people, Renata chose to use the members as a scapegoat, insulted Heartless' hard work and was overall being simply vile.
BlackCauldron85 wrote:And I mean, as far as Disney Mania goes, it wouldn't have the bulk of what UD has (I think that if worse comes to worse, it'll be nice to have a place to not lose touch with our UD friends, but it won't have the reviews and interviews and everything else that UD has). Just saying.
I'm not debating that Disney Mania is even equal to UD; this site operates as a far superior forum, but that's because it's been around for so long. Also, as I hoped I've already made quite clear, Renata was mean in calling it a "cheap, alternative forum."