The Official Leaving/Returning Thread

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

disneyboy20022 wrote:....I'm almost considering leaving the site with all the Bickering around here in all the threads......Can't we just all get along and agree to disagree...I used to think that...but now I'm not so sure....
I know where this comes from. It comes from the discussion in the 'Jesus merchandise' thread. I'm sorry, but discussing is *not* the same as 'bickering' and this forum (as all forums) is meant for discussion; and in discussions, people don't always agree, but that's okay. That doesn't mean we don't like each other. We just disagree. And I'm sorry to break it to you, but some people prefer to do more on a forum than just post 'funny' pictures and videos.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

disneyboy20022 wrote:To Be Honest, My Girlfriend is coming back next month....and I may not be as active in posting stuff....I'll be around the forums....just not as much....not just because of the bickering, but I gotta work to figure my life out...such as whether I can work a real job, or stay on social security due to my disabilities...I want to try to work so i'm working with the Department of Human Services....I have a round table type meeting with some of them and my parents. on Wednesday to figure out where to go and such....
Good luck! :) And I really hope the Social Security thing comes through for your sake--for everybody's sake.

I hope you don't leave the forum though. Whatever you decide to do though, everybody at UD enjoys your posts. That's something we can agree on, I think. :wink:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Goliath wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote:....I'm almost considering leaving the site with all the Bickering around here in all the threads......Can't we just all get along and agree to disagree...I used to think that...but now I'm not so sure....
I know where this comes from. It comes from the discussion in the 'Jesus merchandise' thread. I'm sorry, but discussing is *not* the same as 'bickering' and this forum (as all forums) is meant for discussion; and in discussions, people don't always agree, but that's okay. That doesn't mean we don't like each other. We just disagree. And I'm sorry to break it to you, but some people prefer to do more on a forum than just post 'funny' pictures and videos.
No it's more of the last part of the Government and I need to step up to support my Girlfriend.....plus there's a lot of stuff in my life that will need my attention more than here sooner than later...I'll be around....just not as much....I mean I asked her to marry me and she said yes....and I don't plan on leaving the forums for good.....it's a scary part of my life...(change....people with autism like me cringe at the word and most other people in general).....and if no debt deal happens I won't be able to get my Girlfriend out from out of state back to IL due to being broke since her family and Mine depend on our Disability Checks.....which the thought of not getting her because a bunch of politicians can't get their head together....is driving me INSANE :evil:

Goliath, I apologize for my rant....the US debt argument is driving me mad knowing that there may not be a paycheck for me at the bank next week....I'm really on edge...and I apologize Goliath and to everyone. Stress drives people insane...My family can even tell i'm on edge and moody..good thing I see my Shrink on Thursday :D
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

I wish I could help ya how bro. You help got me those Kim Possible dvd, so I wish I could help you out by punching one of those bastards for you.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Even though I never announced my brief departure, and even though I haven't been gone for very long, on the off-chance that others will care, I have returned and will be posting with more frequency in future weeks.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

disneyboy, you needn't waste your time stressing out over the so called "budget battle". Geithner has moved the deadline multiple times now, each time it's the last chance for salvation, and every time thus far it has been voted down, so I wouldn't buy into this manufactured bullshit (it's a game that nobody but Congress finds funny, is it any wonder their approval rating reaches the single digits). Whether they raise the debt ceiling or not, our government has the money to pay social security, police, firefighters, teachers, prisons, etc (well, maybe not the federal prisons, since the unions get our prison guards an upwards six figure paycheck, mostly to babysit drug dealers and addicts). It's simply fear mongering at it's worst. The government always threatens these public services first to stress people out enough that it creates public awareness and pressure on other congressmen to to cave in and allow the unrestricted spending. Truth is, there are millions of other places they could cut from that would leave most Americans largely unaffected. Any talk about the oncoming apocalypse to come if we fail to raise the debt ceiling is absolute bull shit. How about us loosing our top credit rating from Moody's if we keep up the reckless spending? Of course they don't talk about those consequences.

Our government is bloated and like any unsuccessful business in bankruptcy, it needs to reorganize and cut back to something lean and efficient (even if that means making the hard calls and killing all the unfunded entitlement programs and social safety nets that tax payers are currently liable for and that soo many enjoy). If they raise the debt ceiling once again, for the eighty-somehtingth time, they'll never have the discipline to cut back (most of the time it's been increased, it was when a Republican was in office, so this may be the last time an increase is voted down for awhile).

I just have to say that all the budgets proposed so far are absolute jokes and don't even attempt to balance the budget. One of my favorite TV personalities, John Stossel, wrote an article that not only balances the budget but creates a surplus, all within a very short timeframe:

http://reason.com/archives/2011/02/03/l ... the-budget

Also, to to lighten up the mood, Raise the Debt Ceiling Rap:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EoS52fVtVQM" frameborder="0"></iframe>

disneyboy, I hope my off topic rant comforts you as much as it does me :D
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

It's a scare tactic...I know that....however it's the truth and the truth..well can be scary....though, not just the disability check would be effected the medicare and medicaid which I Have (i'm an adult disabled dependent child is the term I am due to my health issues.... I'm just now going to see if I can work a job through the DHS office. I have a lot of issues, my Colitis, Asperger Syndrome, and a weak immune disorder of some kinda (the heat kills me...literally) a lot of stuff...though there might be an advantage on my side that my check is direct deposited into my bank and I don't receive a physical check through the mail....though I think the country can't afford to go into default.....although my parents said it happened in 1995 with Clinton and everything was back up within a week later....[/code]

jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

disneyboy20022 wrote:.....although my parents said it happened in 1995 with Clinton and everything was back up within a week later....
Exactly my point, so don't stress it. Congress is just playing political games, and you'll most like still get the support you need :wink:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Well disneyboy, I of course like you and your posts, but I also gotta admit that taking care of your real life is the most important and will be kinda glad that some of the things that worried you, you will finally be tending to. But yes, do stick around and post when you can!
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

disneyboy20022 wrote:I mean I asked her to marry me and she said yes....
Oh, wow! That's terrific news! And you just put that in there between two sentences? Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!
disneyboy20022 wrote:.and if no debt deal happens I won't be able to get my Girlfriend out from out of state back to IL due to being broke since her family and Mine depend on our Disability Checks.....which the thought of not getting her because a bunch of politicians can't get their head together....is driving me INSANE :evil:
I completely understand that. The raising of the debt ceiling should not be used by the Republicans to bargain spending cuts. It's never been used for bargaining before, so why should they start now? Let them cut Social Security and see all the voters turn away from the party...!
disneyboy20022 wrote:Goliath, I apologize for my rant....the US debt argument is driving me mad knowing that there may not be a paycheck for me at the bank next week....I'm really on edge...and I apologize Goliath and to everyone. Stress drives people insane...My family can even tell i'm on edge and moody..good thing I see my Shrink on Thursday :D
You shouldnt apologize. You did nothing wrong. I just think that, maybe, when you're upset, you should take a little break from the forum. As to not let your bad mood influence your posting. Not that I want you to leave or say what you can or cannot post.... but I just think it's not a good idea to take those highly personal and private issues to the forum.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Thanks Guys...that's why I love this forum....we're all like one big happy community/family....

@ Goliath (and others) - Yeah I Asked her to Marry me...she picked out the ring at wal-mart...she said if I spend over $350 for a ring that she'd take a frying pan and I'd be out like Flynn :P She has brute Strength....She one day accidentally tore through a wind shield wiper when she was trying to get it into place..and we though oh, maybe the wiper was in bad shape...turns out...it was new. We won't be getting married until she's out of college...which will be in 3-5 years.....although I swear she has the whole thing mapped out in her head already... :shifty: My sister introduced us to each other....but that's not what my sister had intended.....I tell my sister she should be a matchmaker and she says shut up....she's happy for me...it's just awkward for her....And she and the Church in town has helped me grow closer in my faith towards Jesus. Although the Worship Minister comes over sometimes to watch Pay Per View Wrestling with us sometimes...it's cool...I was going to at one point take her to see Letters From God, although the Worship Minister said Kick-Ass....talk about bass ackwards :P

She Also Has Asperger Syndrome...and I'm helping her learn that it's not a curse...that it's a gift.....only if she uses it for good....and I'm helping her with empathy...something some Aspies don't have a good quality of right away....I have it because My mom and dad took me out of school, since I needed to learn about my health issues and my mom taught me empathy....where sometimes people with asperger have tunnel vision and can only see things that effect them.....And Also it's not a cookie cutter Diagnosis. Just because someone else has aspergers does not mean it's the exact same with everybody...

I think the debt will work out....I trust in the Lord Jesus Christ in whatever happens....sometimes I may not understand the reasoning he does things...But I trust in him fully with my heart....with whatever happens in life....even when I may disagree....I accept it....I've never felt the holy spirit in my heart so much than I have in the 2 years I've lived in this new town in IL,. And My grandfather passed away and my dad sold the farm and without my Grandpa....none of this would be possible. I have his watch on me almost every day.....knowing he's looking down on me with God...and saying Be Good Mikey

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

My Girlfriend will be here sometime Sunday Night...so I might not post as much as I have this past summer...but i'll be around the forums...might not reply as much though....

disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

I'm going away next Wednesday-Friday. I'm going to NYC with my parents (and I'm seeing my uncle, aunt, and cousins too-they're going there for a trip too). And I'm seeing The Lion King on Broadway too! So excited!!!!
Disney's Divinity

Have fun! I'd love to visit NYC someday.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I realize I haven't really been around much lately . . . I've kind of been an emotional wreck and I imagine my posts will remain sporadic for a while . . .

I've got a lot going on in my personal life at the moment. I'm trying my damnedest to help set things right with my immediate family. Part of that involves taking a road trip to the Midwest; Rey and my brother can finally meet, and we'll also be tackling a lot of painful subjects and even legal issues that have been long overdue for discussion.

I also need to see my cousin; after we'd initially called off the trip due to my car breaking down, I received word that she's now living in a nursing home with terminal cancer. We've had to make a few sacrifices but of course getting to visit with her again is top priority. We can't fix the car right now so we'll be renting one for the trip (2000 miles each way!).

And I can't help but remember that I broke down at the halfway point the last time I made the trip; I ended up leaving my car behind in Nebraska! Fun, fun. :p

I've lost both parents and one brother, and felt practically disowned by my remaining brother until very recently. I've been beside myself with grief and anxieties trying to sort all this out in my mind. I haven't been "home" for a few years now, a town that I was more than happy to leave behind simply because it was full of so many bad memories. I'm about to face certain ones all over again and I'm bracing myself for an emotional roller coaster. And due to the issues my brother has recently been through, he's had an especially hard time himself. I'm going to do my best to be there for him despite any differences we've had, and I'm hoping that things will finally be made right between us after all these years of feeling broken.

And to be honest I've had mixed feelings about UD. Don't get me wrong; there are still a lot of great members here; it's just that there's been a lot of negativity on the boards at a time I need to surround myself with positive things. And knowing that the community I've been a part of for 8 years is probably going down the tubes in the next few months regardless is not only difficult to deal with, it's beyond heartbreaking. At this point it's the only one I've remained actively social at in the past five years or so. I just hope I'm not stirring up any drama by discussing this as it's the very last thing I want to do.

And even though I'm venting, I don't mean for this post to be a complete b*tchfest. I still have a lot to be thankful for, and I'm doing my best to stay positive and keep myself occupied. :) I also felt I should give you guys a vague idea of what's going on, especially since I've finally found a little time to collect my thoughts.

I just feel like this is the calm before the storm . . .
Disney's Divinity

Sorry to hear about all the problems you’re going through. :( (And I apologize if I’m one of the members who help to add to the negativity; I’ve noticed some of my posts can be pessimistic) Hopefully, a break will be good for you, and you can sort through those issues. :)
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Hope you get better and things come out alright in the end with your brother. I'd do anything I can to help if you need me. You're an awesome member and it would suck if you had to leave forever. Hope things come out alright my bro.(i know you're a woman just like calling friends, "bro")
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Well, a lot's about to happen with me too that may affect my stance here. I've joined a Workforce Development Program with which I will be in various temporary jobs, and then I'll be thinking about school and where I wanna live, and my Mom's gonna start teaching me some basic living skills-primarily cooking and expe......I mean, healthy eating. Lots of pressure.

Also, my sister was in a car accident a couple weeks ago. She's doing fine, but there are plenty of pins and metal plates in her leg and seeing as how she cant walk for a couple months, she'll be staying with my aunt and uncle. My Asperger's makes it hard for me to feel empathy, but I still love her.

Enigma and Disneyboy, I'm sorry to hear of all the problems you two are going through, and I hope to see many more posts from you both. Change is never easy, and neither is redemption and they shouldn't be treated lightly.

Now, I expect I'll stay a little longer, but I've already moved over to From Screen To Theme, which has a much lighter atmosphere and isnt facing a sitepocalypse.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Enigmawing, I hope you'll be able to deal with everything going on in your life, and I hope you'll be all the better for it once it's over. :)

Ajmrowland, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister! I hope she has a speedy recovery. Good luck in your new job, but you'll certainly be missed around here.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

ajmrowland wrote: My Asperger's makes it hard for me to feel empathy, but I still love her.
Wait...How that work? I've never heard of this with Asperger