The Official Leaving/Returning Thread

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

The Official Leaving/Returning Thread

Post by PeterPanfan »

So, there have been many cases of, "OMGosh! Where has (insert member name here) gone? I haven't been able to find them so we can talk about the new Pete's Dragon DVD! Did they abandon UD? Did they abandon me?!?! WHAT IS GOING ON!?"

This thread will cure that problem, with each member hopefully posting in this thread before they go on a vacation.

Obviously don't post if you're going to be gone for less than two days or so, as that will clutter up the topic.

As for me, I'll be in Boston until Sunday for a jazz band trip! :)
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Great, now everyone's gonna post every time they step out to go to the supermarket.

I don't think there's any reason to make an announcement every time you're gone for more than a day. I'm sure we all understand that we have lives outside of UD and aren't in front of a computer 24/7.

Besides, there's already a thread somewhere that used to be managed by Albert, I think, that would keep track of who's disappeared. And by disappeared, I mean they've been missing for months or years with no explanation, not that they've gone on vacation for 3 days.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

xxhplinkxx wrote:Great, now everyone's gonna post every time they step out to go to the supermarket.

I'm sure we all understand that we have lives outside of UD and aren't in front of a computer 24/7.
Outside Life??....WHAT GIBBERISH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT....OUTSIDE LIFE DOES NOT COMPUTE ERROR ERROR ERROR lgm :huh: :brick:

Just kidding
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

Stepping out for a smoke, be back soon!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Terrible for your health, DW...
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

If any of you read what I posted, I said not to post about things like "going to the supermarket."

And you don't have to post in here if you don't want to, I'm not forcing you. :roll:
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

Well I think it is useful since a couple of some of my favorite UD users have never returned to the thread for almost over a year now, and I have no clue why they don't !
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Jack Skellington wrote:Well I think it is useful since a couple of some of my favorite UD users have never returned to the thread for almost over a year now, and I have no clue why they don't !
True. There's Prudence, Jasmine, numba1lostboy amongst others. And Lars Vermundsberget! Whatever happened to him? :(
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

Maybe we can have a twitter-like thread in UD, I think it would be nice to know what you guys do during your free-time. The only thing is that I'm worried that some overly-sarcastic members might post stuff like "I'm gonna go take a piss" or something between those lines. :lol:
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

plinks wrote:Besides, there's already a thread somewhere that used to be managed by Albert, I think, that would keep track of who's disappeared. And by disappeared, I mean they've been missing for months or years with no explanation, not that they've gone on vacation for 3 days.
You mean this?

The Missing UltimateDisney.com Forum Members List (June '06)

I never was a manager of that thread, though I did update it once. But it is in dire need of an update.

Anyway, I think this thread is a great idea, especially during the summer months when people go off on vacation without so much as a by-your-leave (of course, it's not like they need permission from UD to go on vacation and stop posting). But yeah, it can be abused with "I'll be away from my computer for 0.2 seconds, I need to turn away to sneeze" posts. :P

To contribute and remain on-topic: I'll be on vacation in June (Florida) and July (California) and will probably be too busy to post on UD (though I'll try to). If anyone wants to KIT, e-mail or IM me:

[email protected] - this is not my regular e-mail, so it'll be checked less often. I'd rather not post my regular e-mail, even if a few UDers already know it (do not ask the few UDers for my regular e-mail, please)

Escapay1985 - more likely to catch me at night (EST) than in the day.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Alright. Well, screw me then. Just another Useless Discussion thread if you ask me, but you guys have at it.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I don't think this is a bad idea actually. I was one of the missing people back in the day and it prompted a couple people to contact me and draw me back here. :p

Also, two of my online friends died last year and it took nearly half a year for any of our friends to discover what happened . . . all I know now is that I *really* start to worry when I haven't heard from a friend in a while. :(
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

PeterPanfan wrote:If any of you read what I posted, I said not to post about things like "going to the supermarket."

And you don't have to post in here if you don't want to, I'm not forcing you. :roll:
That's telling him, PPf! (Looks like I'm not the only one who's not too crazy about you these days, XX).
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Lazario wrote:(Looks like I'm not the only one who's not too crazy about you these days, XX).
Like I really care. :roll: :lol:

I'm liked by the people that I like. That's all that matters to me. :)

I love Siren!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

xxhplinkxx wrote:I'm liked by the people that I like.
And everyone else you think you should be a jackass to? I used to be like that... it got me Banned.

xxhplinkxx wrote:Like I really care. :roll: :lol:
XX, you can't be me. Don't be jealous, it's really unattractive. And delusional. And pathetic.

Don't be that guy, XX. Don't be a Wannabe. Be yourself. You were better-liked as that guy.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I think this thread is kind of interesting, though I am never really gone from UD for more than a week.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Buddy... you're the delusional and pathetic one if you think I'm jealous of you.

And trust me, I'm still myself. If anything, it makes me more myself. You can ask any of the people I speak to off of UD 8)

Anyway, I've said all I had to say on this thread so I'm outta here. :)

I love Siren!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

xxhplinkxx wrote:Buddy... you're the delusional and pathetic one if you think I'm jealous of you.
You're certainly acting like you want my Official UD Bitch Crown. Either way, you're in need of some serious reality checking, "buddy." You're displaying a new attitude here and it's not cool. Got it? I'm older than you and I've been here longer. That means I understand how things work around here. You're starting to rub more people than me the wrong way. It will only lead to trouble.

xxhplinkxx wrote:Alright. Well, screw me then.
That was going to be my suggestion before PPf put it better...
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

Julian Carter wrote:
Jack Skellington wrote:Well I think it is useful since a couple of some of my favorite UD users have never returned to the thread for almost over a year now, and I have no clue why they don't !
True. There's Prudence, Jasmine, numba1lostboy amongst others. And Lars Vermundsberget! Whatever happened to him? :(
Hello there! I'm somewhat flattered to see I'm being missed. :) I've never "officially left", but I realize it takes weeks and even months between visits nowadays. This was and is a very nice forum, but eventually I got the feeling that most of the important stuff had been said and done... Besides, I guess I've been more busy elsewhere than I used to.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Please, Laz and Chris, do not turn this thread into a fight. If you honestly feel the need to criticize each other, do it away from the UD forum.

Anyway, I'm back home from my Boston trip. It was amazing! I should be here at UD for a while. :)