Julie Andrews Discussion Thread

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

And in even more good news, Julie and Emma just won the Grammy for Best Spoken Children's Album!! :D
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by avonleastories95 »

Julie is the queen! She can do anything, from fly, riding up banisters, have a tea party on the ceiling, have children learn to sing by fun songs, think through 20's black background and text, and can even escape Chinatown.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Julie looks lovely!

And I think I've figured out a possible way how Julie could be coming into "Glee". Ryan Murphy and Darren Criss have revealed some interesting developments in the Kurt/Blaine relationship, when Blaine begins to question his bisexuality. Whether or not this will involve Kurt's grandmother coming into the series as a way to help heal Kurt's broken heart is yet to be revealed, but I think it might be a possibility.
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

The woman is talented!!!!!!!!
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

I love Julie she is a gorgeous, talented woman. She and Anglea Lansbury are amazing. They both need to do a movie together like a comedy or something. It would be EPIC!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Julie recently attended a performance of Avenue Q at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood!

UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

National Ledger wrote:Julie Andrews Busy with Memorial Plans, Reports Emma Walton Hamilton...

Julie Andrews has been keeping very busy of late with her involvement in planning a March 29 memorial tribute to her husband of 41 years, esteemed filmmaker Blake Edwards.

That's the word from her daughter and co-author, Emma Walton Hamilton, who acknowledges, "Even though he'd been unwell for some time and was 88 years old, it's been a difficult transition for the family that has had an impact these last few months."

Edwards, whose honor is being put on jointly by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the Directors Guild and Writers Guild, died of pneumonia Dec. 15.

It certainly appears that Andrews is continuing to live life to the fullest, even as she deals with her grief.

"She's in terrific shape, and she's always been a person of huge enthusiasm," Hamilton points out.

Andrews and Hamilton have several book deadlines they're working toward. Andrews also plans to direct a play this fall, according to her daughter. And they are to be honored themselves April 4, at New York's Chelsea Piers at the Stars of Stony Brook 2011 Gala, a benefit for Stony Brook Children's Hospital.

Hamilton is glad for the opportunity to help spotlight the good work of the hospital, where her own daughter was born, as well as to talk about her passion, reading for young people.

"Mostly, it's just a lovely honor," says Hamilton, who has co-authored 20 children's books with her mother, as well as the noted "Raising Bookworms: Getting Kids Reading for Pleasure and Empowerment." She is also a faculty member of Stony Brook University and director of its annual Children's Literature Conference, its MFA in Writing and Literature Conference, the Southampton Playwriting Conference and YAWP (the Young American Writers Project), an interdisciplinary writing program for middle and high school students.

Of the latter, she explains, "It's a program about voice, about finding their authentic voice and expressing that creatively, and using creative writing to solve problems. They're actually excited by this. They feel empowered by it. It's the sort of thing where you get to watch kids have these extraordinary breakthroughs."
http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/pu ... 8587.shtml

Good to hear Julie plans to keep busy, especially with the tribute to Blake which is the first I've heard of it happening.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Hmmm... So I'm guessing that Julie's role on "Glee" won't happen until sometime during the third season... Everything comes to those to wait, I suppose.

My DVD Collection :
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Cordy_Biddle wrote:Hmmm... So I'm guessing that Julie's role on "Glee" won't happen until sometime during the third season... Everything comes to those to wait, I suppose.
I wouldn't even get my hopes up for season three. But I'll cross my fingers.

However, a very reliable source posted this on the Julie Andrews Online Forum just today:
Oh my I just met Chris Colfer 45 minutes ago.

I was leaving my office and as I was walking to the elevator I heard this voice, I said to myself that sounds like Chris from GLEE. Then I looked over and there he was. I kept thinking to myself go over and introduce yourself and I did. I said hi my name is _____ and I was at the Paley Fest last week. I was the gal that asked you about Julie Andrews. He said. "OMG what a small world it is a pleasure to meet you." Then Chris asked "have I seen Julie yet and I said no, in four weeks I will." Then I asked the BIG question, "is Julie going to be on GLEE?" Chris replied "not in Season 2 but Anne Hathaway will be in Season 3, so we'll see."
So we will see Princess Mia soon... The Paley Fest question she refers to, by the way, is here.

Earlier in February she was also able to confirm for us that Julie will indeed be in Garry Marshall's "New Year's Eve," but I'm beginning to worry that plans may have changed as we've yet to hear anything from an official source (of course that cast is so immense, a lot of actors have been revealed only by being sighted during shoots, so perhaps it will be the same case with Julie). Once again, I'm crossing my fingers! :)

And one more thing- Julie will be having at least two book signings this May!

Sorry to bombard you with all that stuff, Cory, but when I get the opportunity to talk about Julie I tend to ramble...
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Please ramble, Umbrella! It's good news we'll be seeing Annie sometime during the third season; I'll be interested to see how her character is introduced. No doubt Julie is as busy as she has ever been at the moment, so her commitment to "Glee" will have to take a backseat to her other projects. But I'm looking forward to the day when we'll see our Dame on "Glee"... :)

My DVD Collection :
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Dame Helen Mirren hosted "Saturday Night Live" last night, and she impersonated her fellow Dame, Julie Andrews-

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mdGqxQ3qd2Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Julie" makes her appearance at about 2:50.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yeah, I saw that skit. I thought it was okay/decent. The Julie Andrews part was a little cliche, but still funny.

And I bet Chris Colfer is hoping JA gets on the show before season 3 is over, because of the cast re-boot. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Update on Julie news!

Julie and Emma's latest book The Very Fairy Princess Takes the Stage has just been released and to promote it she'll be making the rounds at various booksignings and talkshows.

Good Morning America, May 9
Sirius XM Radio (11 AM), May 10
The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, May 18

She was scheduled for Live! with Regis and Kelly this coming Monday as well, but she's appeared to have canceled and now Chelsea Handler is taking her spot.

She will be signing copies of her new book at these retailers:

Book, Bytes and Beyond, May 10 3:30 PM
197 Rock Road - Glen Rock, NJ

Barnes and Noble, May 10 7:00 PM
86th & Lexington Ave
150 East 86th Street, New York, NY

Red Balloon Bookshop, May 12
891 Grand Avenue - St Paul, MN

Barnes and Noble, May 13
HarMar Mall, 2100 North Snelling Ave, Roseville, MN

information from Julie Andrews Online

In other news, Julie was recently honored by the Geffen Playhouse with a tribute that included presenters such as Carol Burnett, Tom Hanks, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Kristin Chenoweth.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2Aol0iRC-0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And a picture from the evening:

Before appearing at the Geffen, Julie made an impromptu appearance at the TCM Classic Film Festival to be on hand for a showing of her late husband Blake Edwards' Breakfast at Tiffany's.

The videos below come courtesy of a member of Julie Andrews Online who attended the showing:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J9SsOKS23vo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lnzGTz2MrrE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And before Julie stepped on stage, this lovely video tribute to Mr. Edwards was presented:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eGyVPfvPIag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:D
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

BIG NEWS!

Julie has officially signed on to star in an adaptation of Agatha Christie's Crooked House. No word on what character she will portray, but filming begins in England this summer!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

It's now being reported that Julie will play the role of Edith de Haviland in Crooked House, the elderly sister-in-law of the murdered millionaire, Aristide Leonides.
Chris
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Chris »

UmbrellaFish, thanks for your earlier post alerting us to Julie's appearance on Craig Ferguson tonight. Did you see it? It was excellent!! They are so good together. It's great to see her have so much fun. His wicked humor is so funny and she can always hold her own with him. It was great to hear them talk about Mary Poppins' secret life.

"She sailed out of the Disney-blue heavens, umbrella in hand, and promptly elicited every gorgeous adjective in the book from reviewers coast to coast."
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Chris wrote:UmbrellaFish, thanks for your earlier post alerting us to Julie's appearance on Craig Ferguson tonight. Did you see it? It was excellent!! They are so good together. It's great to see her have so much fun. His wicked humor is so funny and she can always hold her own with him. It was great to hear them talk about Mary Poppins' secret life.

You're welcome, it's my pleasure! I know Julie keeps herself so busy it can be hard to catch up with her. And, yes, I did see the Ferguson interview and it was wonderful! I love it when Julie's on his show, and this was by far their best together.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

The hilarious PunchyPlayers on YouTube have posted a new parody, this time heavily featuring Julie... and a certain Julia Childs.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H8j4Jp6Nbec" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Be sure to check out their channel for more funny parodies. Special favorites- "Mary Poppins Screen Test with Judy and Pals" and "Audrey Airlines."
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Julie will be on Live with Regis and Kelly this Fourth of July!
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

She was on the Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson last week. It was a cool interview!