Explain Your Avatar: The Next Generation

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I was on the list. I think your avatars are awesome!
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Prudence wrote: What about, "And for you, my friend-- a knighthood. I hereby dub you Sir.. oh, by the way, what title would you like?"
"Sire, she got away."
"Sire She Got Away? Well, a peculiar title, but if that's what you-- SHE WHAT?"

Heh, that's a bit too long for an avatar. More like a signature.
Here's some triva for you Prudence, my planned user name her was going to be Sir Shegotaway. I'm glad someoen would have got it.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Soooooooo...

Prudence's and lord-of-sith's avatars are done (and the former you can see). I'll be doing UmbrellaFish's the next time I'm free (thanks for the compliment, by ths way :) ). Amy will follow.

You know, when this Portrait Series wraps up, I'll display all the avatars I made in chronological order on this very thread. That way, if any of you missed one or another (especially when I used to replace them really fast, in a matter of days - some were really short-lived) you'll get to see them here ... all of them (I've done ten so far).
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Julian-you meet the people before you make the avaters? :) (let's say-did you met Disney Duster,Umberlafish or Prudence before make avaters of them?).
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Ariel'sprince wrote:Julian-you meet the people before you make the avaters? :) (let's say-did you met Disney Duster,Umberlafish or Prudence before make avaters of them?).
When I launched the portrait series I decided that I would satirize UD members that I had never seen a pic of. That was a rule. I thought that it would have been amusing to see their reactions to my comic recreations of them (without knowing what they look like). Eventually that idea fell by the wayside, and the avatars are now a mixture of UD members whom I've never seen, and ones with whom I'm familiar as regards their physical appearance. In the case of the latter, my avatar is certainly influenced by their real life personas. For example, while my Disney Duster avatar probably doesn't resemble Mike in any way, my Prudence avatar is somewhat faithful. I've even given her her red hair. Likewise, I gave Escapay a dark tan, seeing he has Asian roots (from the Philippines, if I'm not mistaken ... can someone from the Jersey Trilogy correct me?)

Understand? :)
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

The red is actually a hair dye mixed with my natural color, as I'm actually a raven or a dark auburn, depending on whom you ask. Heh, my hair color has been dyed to the point that it is now completely up to debate.

When I first saw Julian's new avatar, I choked on my laughter. Short and funky little vampiric outfit I've got going on there! :wink:
Flanger-Hanger wrote:Here's some trivia for you Prudence, my planned user name here was going to be Sir Shegotaway. I'm glad someone would have got it.
Hah, that I would have.
That's hot.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Oh,okay :D,now i understand :).
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Prudence wrote:When I first saw Julian's new avatar, I choked on my laughter. Short and funky little vampiric outfit I've got going on there! :wink:
That is the greatest compliment you could have given me!! :D I'm glad I made someone laugh. That's what the Portrait Series is for. :)
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Julian just wanted to tell you how much I am loving your portrait series. I know you've been doing it for a while, but I just wanted to say it now, especially after seeing Prue's. :)
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Thank you so much! :) Oh ... I feel warm and fuzzy Simba3! :D
Billy Moon
Special Edition

Post by Billy Moon »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:Here's some triva for you Prudence, my planned user name her was going to be Sir Shegotaway. I'm glad someoen would have got it.
I was tempted to register as Trespassers William, but went for Billy Moon instead. Many people have thought it's my real name.
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

Billy Moon wrote:
Flanger-Hanger wrote:Here's some triva for you Prudence, my planned user name her was going to be Sir Shegotaway. I'm glad someoen would have got it.
I was tempted to register as Trespassers William, but went for Billy Moon instead. Many people have thought it's my real name.
Somewhat ironically, people ask me what my real name is. It is Prudence. I also happen to have never disliked a fictional Prudence, with the exception of the title character of "Prudence Goes to the Potty." I'm sure you can guess what that book is about.
That's hot.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

Ariel'sprince wrote:I loved your avater and siggy,Jack Skellington :D.
I love that movie :) it's really a good movie :) the dog was cute :lol:.
Thanks Ariel's Prince I'm glad you like it ! I'm looking forward to watching Enchanted BTW ! :)
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

I thought I should change it to a character from my new favorite show of the fall: Pushing Daisies's Olive (Kristin Chenoweth)

lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

:lol: Julian! I'm not sure what the pink and hearts is all about, but it sure is funny!
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

So far Julian you have really knocked me out with your "Portrait" series. Am surprised that I haven't gotten one yet, but maybe I am not on your 'list' of those to do.

I think you show a lot of originality, and creativeness that others lack. Keep up the good work.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

lord-of-sith wrote::lol: Julian! I'm not sure what the pink and hearts is all about, but it sure is funny!
Hey! You're the love monster! :P (don't ask what it is; I just made it up.)
dvdjunkie wrote:So far Julian you have really knocked me out with your "Portrait" series. Am surprised that I haven't gotten one yet, but maybe I am not on your 'list' of those to do.

I think you show a lot of originality, and creativeness that others lack. Keep up the good work.
Aaaaw. That's so nice of you! Thanks for the compliments! :) I'm so glad my avatars are appreciated.

Actually, there is a list of people. I believe it's in the old "Explain your Avatar" thread. Some people I chose myself, others entered the list on their own account.

And now, mister, your are sooooooo getting your portrait series avatar! :twisted: :lol: You have been warned.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

The headless Horseman is gone for another Halloween (but where is ichabod?). So now my new avatar is Prince Edward from Enchanted. This guy rides a horse AND has a head.
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Julian Carter wrote: Aaaaw. That's so nice of you! Thanks for the compliments! :) I'm so glad my avatars are appreciated.

Actually, there is a list of people. I believe it's in the old "Explain your Avatar" thread. Some people I chose myself, others entered the list on their own account.

And now, mister, your are sooooooo getting your portrait series avatar! :twisted: :lol: You have been warned.
I'd love to be added to that list as well. :) I've really enjoyed your creations.
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

I changed my avatar to the Snowman from the "Knick Knack" Pixar short. I thought I needed a change, and it celebrates the upcoming release of the Pixar Shorts Volume 1 on DVD. :)