slave2moonlight's Art and Vids

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Slave2moonlight's Fanart

Post by Disney Duster »

I tried comparing the new Cheryl piece to the old one, but the old one is gone. Anyway, it look's terrific, and it seems to be less light than the other one. There also seems to be more contrast. It looks good to me, but I can't say how much better it was than the other one.

I like the real girls as princesses (and a fairy)! However, I actually think Cinderella is the least good. It's not just because I think Hillary Duff is unworthy of Cinderella, but her body just doesn't look as good as the others, especially in her torso. But I think the others are terrific! My favorite is probably Dunst as Aurora, because I think it looks really natural and everything works, plus I'm a Dunst fan. Did you get the pose from something in Marie Antoinette?
slave2moonlight wrote:Only thing is, she's not one of my real-life dreamgirls, because, quite frankly, she was so unattractive in Scooby-Doo (the first live-action film). Of course, they made her dye her hair blonde for that so she wouldn't clash with Daphne, but still, she was REALLY unattractive in that, despite how gorgeous she was in Wedding Crashers.
Who was she in Scooby-Doo?
wrestling_stat
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Slave2moonlight's Fanart

Post by wrestling_stat »

Disney Duster wrote:
slave2moonlight wrote:Only thing is, she's not one of my real-life dreamgirls, because, quite frankly, she was so unattractive in Scooby-Doo (the first live-action film). Of course, they made her dye her hair blonde for that so she wouldn't clash with Daphne, but still, she was REALLY unattractive in that, despite how gorgeous she was in Wedding Crashers.
Who was she in Scooby-Doo?
She played Mary Jane. I want to say she is the one that Shaggy likes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267913/
(The scooby doo character list and who played them)

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0267913/ ... 913&seq=66
(A picture of her in the movie)
<i>You are allowed one signature image up to 500 pixels in width and 100 pixels in height. </i>
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/ ... banner.jpg
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Hey slave2moonlight, what about Alexz Johnson as Ariel? She used to be on "So Weird" on Disney Channel. She is now the star of "Instant Star" on The N and she has her first debut album coming out this summer. I think she is pretty hot and she's small enough to be Ariel. She's naturally a blonde, but she had her hair red for the first season and went brunette for her music video. This is her video for the song 24 Hours. I think she would be a pretty good choice.
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Disney Duster wrote:I tried comparing the new Cheryl piece to the old one, but the old one is gone. Anyway, it look's terrific, and it seems to be less light than the other one. There also seems to be more contrast. It looks good to me, but I can't say how much better it was than the other one.

I like the real girls as princesses (and a fairy)! However, I actually think Cinderella is the least good. It's not just because I think Hillary Duff is unworthy of Cinderella, but her body just doesn't look as good as the others, especially in her torso. But I think the others are terrific! My favorite is probably Dunst as Aurora, because I think it looks really natural and everything works, plus I'm a Dunst fan. Did you get the pose from something in Marie Antoinette?
Glad you liked the Cheryl pic. I'm somewhat happy with it, but I might redo it again someday. The paper I was using wasn't too good when it came to correcting things, and that means that I still don't have a true original that I feel is worthy of framing, because I did some major adjustments to it on the computer. As for the Cinderella piece, that's my favorite of the princess drawings, ha. I really think it's the best one. I feel the likeness came out the best, that (with her newer look) she is a great match for Cinderella (she was in A Cinderella Story, after all, ha), and I really don't see a noticeable problem with the torso, except that maybe I could have modeled it a bit more. It might not be a perfect match for Hilary's torso, but that was a bit tricky. See, it's sort of like I have to combine different pictures sometimes, plus a little imagination, because nowhere is there a pic of Hilary Duff dressed as Disney's Cinderella to use as reference. As for the Aurora pic, I wanted to use a Marie Antoinette pic, but I never found one I was happy with. Actually, I didn't find very much of a variety of Marie Antoinette pics at all. I did find one that I wanted to use, but never found it in a good enough size/quality. I ended up using a pic of her from some magazine photoshoot, if I remember correctly. That's what I used for all of them, I believe.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

wrestling_stat wrote:
She played Mary Jane. I want to say she is the one that Shaggy likes.
That's right. And she doesn't look too bad in that pic or even sometimes in the film, but if you watch it and are as picky as me, you might see what I mean, ha. For one thing, her skin looked pretty bad in that movie, and since I'm a face guy more than anything, ha... She looks outstanding in Wedding Crashers though, and in many pics of her online, she looks like an excellent choice for Ariel. Funny thing, I just found out her fiance is the guy who plays Borat! Never would have guessed that, ha!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

goofystitch wrote:Hey slave2moonlight, what about Alexz Johnson as Ariel? She used to be on "So Weird" on Disney Channel. She is now the star of "Instant Star" on The N and she has her first debut album coming out this summer. I think she is pretty hot and she's small enough to be Ariel. She's naturally a blonde, but she had her hair red for the first season and went brunette for her music video. This is her video for the song 24 Hours. I think she would be a pretty good choice.
You may have hit upon something there, goofystitch! I rememeber Aexz from So Weird, but never thought much of her then. She has really grown up nicely, and I think she might make a better redhead than a blonde! Ha. But, do you have any links to her acting or just speaking in an interview or something? Not saying I will definitely use her, but I might. However, I could also use a girl already on my dreamgirl list, Courtnee Draper. Remember her from that crappy Disney Channel series, "The Jersey?" I always thought she was gorgeous on that show, though I hated it because I'm not a sports fan at all. From some of the pics online, Courtnee hasn't aged exactly as I expected her too, but she definitely was gorgeous in her teen years and might be a good candidate as well. She was always my pic for a live-action Sailor Jupiter too.

I still might go with Lindy Booth though. She has such a cartoon princess physique and those big, round eyes! Yet I also can't ignore how perfect Isla Fisher seemed for Ariel in the Wedding Crashers and in some of her online pics. I may need to do a poll for this, ha. And, what does everyone think of Kerri Green from Goonies? Maybe not. Using her would be a bit oldschool, and she has kinda thick eyebrows for Ariel and doesn't seem aggressive enough... Not sure if I mentioned her or Courtnee before.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Sure. Her is the link to a Youtube video. It's a behind the scenes look at her show, Instant Star. Her character on the show is nothing like her. She has a really sweet and bubly personality in real life, much like Ariel. I hope this helps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yHou3woaPs
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

OMG! I've been meaning to check this thread out, but never have. When I saw your art on the live action Ariel poll I figured today was the day to look and totally amazing! You have an amazing talent and gift!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Siren wrote:OMG! I've been meaning to check this thread out, but never have. When I saw your art on the live action Ariel poll I figured today was the day to look and totally amazing! You have an amazing talent and gift!
Thanks very much, Siren. :)
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

goofystitch wrote:Sure. Her is the link to a Youtube video. It's a behind the scenes look at her show, Instant Star. Her character on the show is nothing like her. She has a really sweet and bubly personality in real life, much like Ariel. I hope this helps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yHou3woaPs
Wow, goofystitch, I have to admit, Alexz has really grown up and I never would have guessed she'd turn into such a dreamgirl! Very my type. I think the poll settled the issue of Ariel, but I will definitely keep Alexz in mind for the future and will probably add her to the gallery on my My Space page soon! Thanks for the tip-off! What a shame that I don't get the channel her show is on!
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

This goes a little bit off the topic of your fan art, but do you know who Marion Raven is? Looks wise, she could make a great Ariel. She is Norwegian and has long black hair, but she would probably pass as a red head. She is probably my biggest celebrity crush at the moment. I know you like to hear the girls speaking voice, so here is an interview mostly with Meat Loaf, but she gets to talk a little bit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSc_mZvckHo She sings more rock songs, so she has a bit of a darker image now, but here is a live performance of her in Norway and she really seems like a sweet bubbly girl in real life, not much unlike Ariel. She also has a similar body type.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcF6D_dbNao And if you want to see her more edgy rock side, here is her music video Heads Will Roll. That is the "clean" version of the music video, which basically means no nudity, but if you want to see the other version, just search for "Marion Raven Heads Will Roll Original" on Youtube.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Ah, the finished piece! I'm extremely happy with how Lindy came out as Ariel. Definitely the right choice!

The pencil version:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51207237/

And the Color version on my Deviant Art page:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51207401/

Thanks for all the help, folks!
Last edited by slave2moonlight on Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Thanks for the suggestion, goofystitch. I hadn't heard of Marion Raven, but I'll check out those links. I've finished the Ariel piece, as you can see, and I'm very happy with the choice of Lindy now that it's finished, but I still like to get introduced to new hotties whenever I can, ha.
wrestling_stat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by wrestling_stat »

slave2moonlight wrote:Ah, the finished piece! I'm extremely happy with how Lindy came out as Ariel. Definitely the right choice!

The pencil version:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51207237/

And the Color version on my Deviant Art page:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51207401/

Thanks for all the help, folks!
I have to say this one and Belle are my favorites. I like the rest, Cinderella, Aurora, and TinkerBell.

Great job.
<i>You are allowed one signature image up to 500 pixels in width and 100 pixels in height. </i>
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/ ... banner.jpg
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

That is fantastic! Great job!
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Nice work on Ariel. it looks really beautiful.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Thanks, folks! :D
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

I went ahead and grouped the first five girls I've drawn so far in one picture:

This group pic actually reminds me of a slumber party pic I almost did once of the Sailor Moon girls. I even had sketched it out onto a large illustration board. Never actually did it though. This looks good. Perhaps I'll do that one soon, or a large version of this! Got more Disney girls to do still though. Looking for suggestions for Jasmine, Snow White, Mulan, Eilonwy, Alice, and various others. Of course, I'm most likely to use girls who are in my dreamgirl gallery on my My Space page if I can see them in the role. I think I will be doing Reese Witherspoon as Katrina Van Tassel (using a pre-Legally Blonde pic. She got too skinny from the face before making that movie and ever since then). And, like I said, I think I'll be using Danielle Panabaker as Slue Foot Sue. I'd like to find a role for her sis, Kay, though. Possibly Wendy... Snow White will probably be Monica Keena (who has played Snow White before) or Christina Ricci, but I'm still open to other ideas. I seem to remember coming up with a part for Jennifer Love Hewitt, but I can't remember it now. I was thinking Rachel Hurd Wood as Tarzan's Jane, and I know Elisabeth Harnois will be either Alice or Eilonwy.
Last edited by slave2moonlight on Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
QueenRahel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by QueenRahel »

nice !!! ariel is my favorite....it looks a lot like her, but i dont know who the actress/model was for this???
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

QueenRahel wrote:nice !!! ariel is my favorite....it looks a lot like her, but i dont know who the actress/model was for this???
Lindy Booth was the blonde partner of "The Famous Jett Jackson," a Disney Channel show from when it first went totally for teens and tweens. She's currently most often seen in horror films like "Cry Wolf," "Dawn of the Dead" (the remake), and "Wrong Turn." She went redhead some time back, and has red hair in those three horror films. She was also in "American Psycho 2," but was still blonde at that time. I actually prefer her as a blonde, because she goes for a pretty fake looking red and has made her eyebrows like 1920's thin, which I don't like. Still a dreamgirl of mine though, ha.