slave2moonlight's Art and Vids

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

enigmawing wrote:
slave2moonlight wrote:I don't know why my work has never had mass appeal.
Now I know this is gonna sound cliche, but far above anything else you have to create art to please yourself. Feedback and compliments are always a good thing of course, but don't let a lack of them get you down. There are so many appreciators out there that don't say much of anything, that have no idea how to compliment something they like. In fact it seems the most avidly vocal groups out there are the complainers. :p If you really want to experience the lack of feedback, try writing fanfics. :lol:

That being said, keep up the good work. ;)
You shouldn't make art just for sake of compliments, popularity fame, and/or positive feedback like "omg that so cute." "I really love it it *hugs*" etc.

That's one of the main things I hate about DA. They just give you nice compliment and pat on your shoulder without giving them any sort of criticism for artist to improve. Because of that, it give the artist the mind set that his/her art is great and there no need for improvements as long as it pleases his/her fans.

This is why I got to conceptart.org.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Super Aurora wrote:
enigmawing wrote: Now I know this is gonna sound cliche, but far above anything else you have to create art to please yourself. Feedback and compliments are always a good thing of course, but don't let a lack of them get you down. There are so many appreciators out there that don't say much of anything, that have no idea how to compliment something they like. In fact it seems the most avidly vocal groups out there are the complainers. :p If you really want to experience the lack of feedback, try writing fanfics. :lol:

That being said, keep up the good work. ;)
You shouldn't make art just for sake of compliments, popularity fame, and/or positive feedback like "omg that so cute." "I really love it it *hugs*" etc.

That's one of the main things I hate about DA. They just give you nice compliment and pat on your shoulder without giving them any sort of criticism for artist to improve. Because of that, it give the artist the mind set that his/her art is great and there no need for improvements as long as it pleases his/her fans.

This is why I got to conceptart.org.
Well, the trouble with the anonimity of the internet is you can get a lot of criticism from people who don't know what they're talking about. And a lot of criticism in art is taste-based, even from professionals who should know better sometimes (especially on the academic side), which is another problem with it. However, occasionally, you can get critiques at D.A. too, and you can even request them. Meanwhile, artists need encouraging words too. My main issue lately though has been about not having comments of any kind, which just makes you feel like no one even sees your work, even if views are being counted. D.A. has been one of the better places I've experienced in that regard though, but it could be better too.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Not Disney, but just the latest piece I've done...

http://slave2moonlight.deviantart.com/a ... -150355879
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Heh heh, that's awesome! Always loved Droopy falling for the live-action ladies in the end. :D

I also envy your ability to capture a great likeness with people.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Thanks. :) Sometimes it comes out better than other times, and sometimes it's harder to make a cartoon character look right, ha.

I always loved that about Droopy as well. :)
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Oh, I forgot to post this one too. I did it right before the Droopy piece. Much faster one to do since it was drawn in pencil and then just colored over in Photoshop.

http://slave2moonlight.deviantart.com/a ... -150025717

Posting it here, I see I needed to fade the edges a bit more in some places. I'll have to take care of that later, but it was cutting it close as it is.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Hey! Rudolph's Shiny New Year! It's such an underrated special. Just a charming, trippy little thing! :D

Just thought I'd pipe up.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Slave2Moonlight'sFanart

Post by Disney Duster »

If you really did that Emma Watson free-hand...that is amazingly life-like and you keep getting better and better!

Who did you use for live Giselle, because I can't tell if it's Amy Adams.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Thanks, yeah, I've been getting more accustomed to Photoshop every time.

As for Giselle, yes, it's Amy Adams. It's a bit harder to get a likeness on those, as I draw them rather small (with ones like that Emma painting, doing it right on the computer means I can do it as big as I want and easily tweak it as much as I want), and then the process I use to color them can also detract from the likenesses sometimes. But Amy is hard to get a likeness of. She mostly has just the kind of features I like, very Disney princess-esque (of course, that's why she is perfect for Enchanted), but they're not really very distinctive features. Still, most people have recognized her, but that's the one I've gotten a couple of people who didn't see the likeness of. Perhaps I'll try to redo her at some point, though for me it looks enough like her.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Margos wrote:Hey! Rudolph's Shiny New Year! It's such an underrated special. Just a charming, trippy little thing! :D

Just thought I'd pipe up.
Glad you did. It's always nice to get some posts in this thread other than my own, ha.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

I'm redoing this comic parody, starting with the cover, before I continue with it. I originally was doing it just for fun, but looking back, the art was done so quickly and with so little Photoshop experience that it was awful (in fact, I may have done it on a much crappier program I used to have), so that's why I'm redoing it. Still doing it quickly, but trying not to be so wildly off-model.

blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

OMG, Gurgi!!! So you're making a whole comic book with Disney characters?!?
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Is that the Horn King in background?
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Super Aurora wrote:Is that the Horn King in background?
I didn't even notice him!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Yes, that's the Horned King.

It's actually a comic I started a long time ago. Basically, it's just the Lord of the Rings films with a Disney cast. But when I originally did it, I mean, the pages that currently exist already, I didn't have much experience using computer art programs and was also only doing it for fun and very rushed, so I wasn't bothering with the art too much. So, I'm going back and redoing it, and this time, though I'm still doing the art quickly (since it's just for fun), I'm not being AS careless and loose with it. Frankly, the old art I had done makes me sick to look at, except for a couple of panels here and there. And I'm using a style now that I've grown quite comfortable with, doing all the drawing in pencil and only adding the color in Photoshop. Anyway, I plan to go back and redo the few pages I had done already, and then continue with it, and there are some other film parodies I want to do too.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Another comic parody I'm going to start, IF I can get Photoshop running on my sister's computer after I move.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I always have to stop and take a moment to appreciate BttF references and crossovers. 8)
Disney Duster

Slave2moonlight's Art

Post by Disney Duster »

Not to make you re-do it again...but the Horned King...something weird is, it almost looks like you can see his eyes and his nose (or lack of), and then the glow of his eyes and the black of his nose hole are lower...?!

Great art as always, by the way! Especially the front characters, not only drawn like perfectly but shaded that well, too! And the art piece has a great, epic feel!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Thanks Disney Duster. As for the Horned King, it took me a while to see what you were talking about. I had put "krinkles" in his skin, and after looking closely, I think I see what you were talking about, and at first I thought it was just the krinkles coincidentally looking like pencil lines for the eyes and nose in some spots. But, then I realized it probably was some original sketching I didn't erase. At any rate, I never would have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out, so maybe I'll touch that up later, but it doesn't really bother me because I think it's fairly hard to notice. Anyway, that's just a misty, holographic type of head floating in the sky, so it doesn't have to be perfect in that regard, ha. Interesting catch though.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

slave2moonlight wrote:Image

Another comic parody I'm going to start, IF I can get Photoshop running on my sister's computer after I move.
That's great, dude!
ImageImageImageImage