slave2moonlight's Art and Vids

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Thanks very much, and if anyone has any suggestions on who could be used to play Max's mom, I'd love to hear them, or your opinions on using Sylvia from An Extremely Goofy Movie for the role. We all know she's not Max's mom for real, but that's unavoidable since we have never seen Max's mom... I don't want to use Clarabelle Cow though. I have never liked her as a match for Goofy. And besides, ha, I think I am going to use her for Goof to the Future 3 to play Prof. Von Drake's love interest. Wasn't that character's name even Clara? I could use Clara Cluck for that, but Clarabelle Cow reminds me more of Mary Steenburgen.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Slave2moonlight, look up a Disney comics character by the name of Penny, probably in a series involving Minnie Mouse in Jr. High. The prevailing theory is that she is Max's Mom.

- She completes the triad in this comic, representing Mickey/Donald/Goofy, as she is shown being best friends with Minnie and Daisy.

- She has the same color hair as Mrs. Geef in the everyman shorts.

- Goofy was paired with a princess named "Penelope" in "A Knight for a Day." Even though the princess didn't look like Penny, that's still interesting to think about.

Sorry I can't be more specific about where to find her. I used to know, but I don't remember.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Hey, that really helps Margos, thanks! I have at least a few "Minnie 'n Me" trading cards, but I had totally forgotten about this character (or she wasn't on any of my cards). I wish she was better known, but I still think I will adapt this character instead of using Sylvia, since Sylvia is definitely not Max's REAL mom. I'll save Sylvia for a Calisota Goof story (another series of comics I'd like to do with Goofy spoofing Indiana Jones films; Can't wait to do the 4th, with he and Max together).
Kraken Guard
Special Edition

Post by Kraken Guard »

slave2moonlight wrote:Image
I remember reading a few pages of that comic a while back. When i saw Gurgi as Gollum i thought "Oh! That's a perfect role!" :lol: Although you should have cast Chip and Dale as Merry and Pippen! It's alright though, it's your comic and you can use whoever you want :)

I cant remember.. Were you planning on continuing that comic? :D
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

I'd like to continue it, but I haven't had the time. Been focused on the job hunt and having zero luck. I've never even been able to land art commissions, ha. But I would like to get back to this and also the other comics I've started, and I'm working on my original graphic novel too, based on my Moonlight Motel comic strip that I've moved to YouTube recently.
Kraken Guard
Special Edition

Post by Kraken Guard »

slave2moonlight wrote:I'd like to continue it, but I haven't had the time. Been focused on the job hunt and having zero luck. I've never even been able to land art commissions, ha. But I would like to get back to this and also the other comics I've started, and I'm working on my original graphic novel too, based on my Moonlight Motel comic strip that I've moved to YouTube recently.
I see.. I wish i could help :(

Might check that out on YouTube when i have the time :) That's pretty cool your working on a Graphic Novel as well! :)
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Well, to show my appreciation at someone other than me resurrecting this thread for once, ha, here's some stuff I don't think I've posted here before. In fact, a couple are totally new.

First, here's the cover for my first entirely original graphic novel I've been writing and will hopefully find the time to start drawing soon, based on my own comic strip that used to run in a magazine in my home town and now I just post on YouTube and in my gallery (pulled it from that mag when I moved; wasn't being paid for it anyway).

Next, here is the first pencil work for a new series of pin-ups I'm working on. I of course plan to redo this in color. The series is called "Trick or Treat Girls", and this one of course is Minnie.

Finally, here are two pieces I did in honor of a former Disney Cast Member whom I totally adore. I just did the first on a whim. The second I did quickly for her latest birthday, just this month, but as my father is terminally ill with cancer and I just found out, I had to rush it because I went home for a visit about the same time. So, the second one is a real quickie.

Last edited by slave2moonlight on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, Nathan. :(

I can't wait for the new Halloween pinup girls series, though!!!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Thanks Amy. Here is another of those.

Brittany
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

This is a recent commissioned piece I did.

Doing a Kim Possible one now for the same person.
Disney Duster

Slave2moonlight's Fanart

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm also sorry to hear about your dad! Best hopes for you and him!

Your first Sarah Daniels picture is absolutely amazing I can't even believe you made that because it's even more impressive and realistic than your past work! And the second one is very good and no doubt captures her, also impressive!

The unicorns with the light on them is a bit...much...but uh, what can you do, I guess she likes unicorns.

Hey, if she sounded like Jodie, shouldn't she have played Ariel in the Voyage of The Little Mermaid?
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Re: Slave2moonlight's Fanart

Disney Duster wrote:I'm also sorry to hear about your dad! Best hopes for you and him!

Your first Sarah Daniels picture is absolutely amazing I can't even believe you made that because it's even more impressive and realistic than your past work! And the second one is very good and no doubt captures her, also impressive!

The unicorns with the light on them is a bit...much...but uh, what can you do, I guess she likes unicorns.

Hey, if she sounded like Jodie, shouldn't she have played Ariel in the Voyage of The Little Mermaid?
Thanks Disney Duster. As for the unicorns in the Sarah piece being over the top, that was kind of the idea. I was going for the extreme of cute and pink and girly, ha. This is someone whose old screen names usually included a Barbie reference, ha. I actually could draw Sarah forever. She's a true muse for me. But, I don't know if I'll be drawing her anymore. When I first fell for her, it was just from seeing a few images of her online, and at the time I had no idea she was a performer or worked for Disney at all. She was posed with Disney characters, so I thought I had just stumbled across someone's particularly nice vacation pictures. But I was instantly infatuated and eventually found her on Youtube, and while I totally find girls who are great singers and have big dreams all the more attractive, she was already moving into the point where the best sort of friend I could hope to become to her was a "Fan", which was not what I really wanted. Oh, well. That's a closer relationship than any offline girls will allow me to have with them, ha. And, yeah, that's a good point; she totally should have been cast to play Ariel in VOTLM. However, she did play Tink in Pixie Hollow for a while, and she looked perfect as Tink and played the part beautifully too.
Last edited by slave2moonlight on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

<3<3<3 I LOVE the Archie one! I love the whole Betty vs. Veronica thing (Team Betty!)...amazing, amazing job!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

blackcauldron85 wrote:<3<3<3 I LOVE the Archie one! I love the whole Betty vs. Veronica thing (Team Betty!)...amazing, amazing job!
Ha, I am also Team Betty. :wink:
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

slave2moonlight wrote:This is a recent commissioned piece I did.

Doing a Kim Possible one now for the same person.
ha love the Archie comics, especially Betty and Veronica.
I have a bunch of the comic
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by avonleastories95 »

slave2moonlight, I love your artwork! I think it's the best work I've seen on DeviantArt so far. I even saved a few of my favorites to My Pictures (if you don't mind, of course!). You are a very talented artist! Thank you for the joy your art brings to my heart!
Sincerely,
avonleastories95 (Matthew)
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Super Aurora, your new Ariel in sunglasses Avatar is Hot Hot Hot!

Avonleastories95, wow, thank you so much!
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by avonleastories95 »

You are quite welcome, Nathan!
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

Great work there S2L... you mention requests... these open to anyone? I have an idea, and it might be funny to ask about it...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Mayhem wrote:Great work there S2L... you mention requests... these open to anyone? I have an idea, and it might be funny to ask about it...
Thanks Mayhem. Did I mention requests? Must have been a while ago. I actually only take commissions now, basically because I have no other income source at the moment. However, I am very affordable and accept Paypal. I'll do simple, single character pencil drawings for as low as 5 dollars. Of course, the piece you receive is digital and is sent via e-mail. The Archie piece above was a $40 commission, and I'm currently working on a Kim Possible one for the same client.