slave2moonlight's Art and Vids

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

slave2moonlight's Art and Vids

Post by slave2moonlight »

Decided to follow the other artists here and do a thread specifically for my own fan art, especially since enigmawing just showed me how to post thumbs right on the forum. So, hope this works...

I'm going to start with an old piece that I did in college over quite a long period of time. It was pretty big (for a drawing) and done in ink, watercolor, and color pencil. This is a collage of my cartoon dreamgirls, though keep two things in mind. One, size is not related to how much I like a character, and 2, this was done some time ago, which is why you don't see Kim Possible or several other gorgeous toons that have shown up since I first sketched this out. Currently, my three favorite toon girls are a tie between Ariel, Tink, and Sailor Moon, with a few following very closely (Kim, Belle, Sabrina, Supergirl, and Batgirl, and maybe a couple others). I've thought about doing a sequel to this piece, though I might just do an up to date version since I don't have this piece anymore. My friends have it in their house somewhere because they were going to make a poster of it for themselves, but they never have gotten around to it, and it's been years. I haven't decided whether or not to let them keep it. Still thinking about it. Anyway, here's the piece:

Last edited by slave2moonlight on Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Here are some more. I may make some touch ups to some of these later though. I tend to find little things I want to change here and there.

My Mulan collage drawing. I'm going to do one for each of the Disney animated features as I watch them again and review them on Amazon.com (a hobby of mine). This is just my second one.

Here's Pocahontas, my first of the Animated Feature collages.

Here's a live-action style Kim Possible, my first attempt at doing something somwhat realistic completely on the computer:

This is my Shere Khan piece:

And this piece was inspired by the Donald Duck cartoon, Trick or Treat:

Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Wow, some very nice pieces here!!!

I see a *lot* of characters I recognize yet rarely see fanart of in the first one, specifically ones from Gunsmith Cats, Wedding Peach, minor (as well as major) characters from Sailor Moon, Disney, HB, etc. A real treat to see, and I know you had to have spent so much time on it!!!

The others are great too. I love seeing different takes on KP llike that, the collages are really neat, and the Trick or Treat one represents one of my favorite Donald shorts.

Awesome!!! :D
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Is it Possible to make a Realistic Kim Possible? Yes!

Post by Disney Duster »

slave2moonlight wrote:Here's a live-action style Kim Possible, my first attempt at doing something somwhat realistic completely on the computer:

Somewhat realistic? Try REALLY realistic! Photo-realistic! It's very good! Did anyone you know inspire or provide the model for that piece?

And that dreamgirl collage is really something! It must've taken you forever! Unfortunately, some heads seem to be covered by other heads! I really liked seeing some lesser known characters I recognized, like that green genie from the Aladdin animated series. What was her name?

And exactly how long did that collage take you?
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

S2M, these pictures are great! Very intricate work. It looks like you've got every animated female in that picture :D ! Just how long did that take?
:pan: Love It.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Thanks everybody. Yeah, that Dreamgirls piece took a long time. Hard to say how long. I think it was larger than poster sized, and I just worked on it a little at a time over at least a year while doing other projects. I had to search through my old VHS recordings and through the internet all the time looking for girls to add. Of course, I could probably do twice as many girls now, with stuff out there like Kim Possible, Teen Titans, and so on... It actually frustrates me that those girls aren't on this piece. There are actually some girls here though that I'm not even that familiar with, or I only know the name of the show or comic they're from, but not much else. For example, I know next to nothing about Wedding Peach, just that I really liked the images I found online from it, ha. But, I do know the majority of these characters pretty well. I really got into doing this kind of piece back in college, including black and white live-action ones (this is the only one I ever did in color). I really enjoy looking at them and recognizing the characters. It's like a waaay more fun version of Where's Waldo. I guess I'm getting back into it with these new Disney collages I've been doing. Though I'm just drawing THEM out on typing paper and then coloring them in Photoshop. Anyways, yeah, lots of unusual ones here: Some fun ones to point out are Katie Kaboom, characters from Scooby Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf, Freakazoid's girlfriend, the Mudville 9, comic book versions of Buffy and Willow, Jessie Bannon, animated Amanda Bynes, Blondie's daughter, and the list goes on. Sadly, a few got partially cropped out by the photo this scan is of. Oh yeah, the lovely green genie from the Aladdin series is named Eden.

My dream actually was always to be a Disney animator (a little more interested in the character design aspect of it though), but I got out of college right around when they were losing interest in traditional animation. Don't have any training of any kind in animation though. Right now, I'm working as an illustrator for a local writer's graphic novel project. I totally have no income at the moment (which makes my DVD collecting difficult) since I'm getting a 50 percent ownership deal, though my partner keeps me in art supplies as I work. Right now, I'm doing the final art and am working towards a late October deadline for the first book. We're hoping to have five graphic novels total for this continuing story, if we can find a publisher for the first. Also hoping we might get some movie or TV deals from it, so the big bucks will roll in...

Anyways, I WISH I knew a girl who could model as a live-action Kim Possible for me, ha. Nah, I loosely (meaning I wasn't worrying too much about getting a likeness) used a photo of Lindsay Lohan as the model. Even though I'm mainly a Hilary Duff man (though she got too skinny *grumble*), I would LOVE it if they made a live-action Kim Possible movie starring Lohan. I think she would be perfect in the role! I also want to do a Buzz Lightyear piece like that when I have more time, using the TV voice actor of Buzz (Patrick Warburton) as a model. I think he'd be perfect in a live-action Star Command movie. I have plans for Tim Allen as George Jetson too (Devito as Spacely), and Christina Ricci as Betty Boop, among others. Yes, I have a whole Sailor Moon cast in mind too. And thanks for calling it "photorealistic." My art professors never would have called my work that, ha. I didn't like half of them anyway though. :lol:
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Here are a few more. This Uncle Scrooge piece was me just getting used to painting in photoshop:

Here are two black and white pieces, Mike Wazowski, P.I., and my Toontown Mickey Mouse Club test piece. It's a test piece in that I wasn't focusing much on which characters I used, just ones that I had reference material for within easy reach. I would like to do this again, focusing on older characters for this black and white, 50's style, then do a color, updated MMC version with characters like Kim, Ron, and Lilo, etc...

Here's my dreamgirl, whom I've not met yet. I've seen some great candidates, both personality/interests wise and beauty wise, but haven't found the combo yet. At least, not one that was into me too, ha. Yeah, I like pinkish pale skin, big eyes, have a preference for blondes and redheads (and live in a place where there aren't any, but I love brunettes too, just pickier about them), and, of course, she's gotta be way into Disney (and have other common interests too...). Need to smooth out certain parts of this one. I did it rather quickly, again, while barely getting used to drawing in Photoshop.

Here's a cartoony Herbie I did one night in ink and color pencil.

I was just messing around when I did this Jack Sparrow piece...

This was a quick color-pencil piece that I did using my own Gund Pooh and Piglet toys as models. I always said I didn't like the Classic Pooh toys, but when I found this Pooh and he actually had the little red shirt, I instantly changed my mind. Got him at a Disney outlet (and Tigger too), and found this Piglet (which has a rattle inside, guess he's for babies) at a bookstore in Corpus Christi on a road trip to a Hilary Duff concert, ha.

Here's a Tinkerbell piece I drew with color pencil on some really weirdly textured paper. After drawing it, I wasn't satisfied with it. The texture of the paper was too weird, so I used computer enhancements to get it to a point I liked (I think what I did was switched it to "watercolor" style, or something like that). I ADORE Tinkerbell. Love short, slightly curvy blondes, ha...

RyougaLolakie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RyougaLolakie »

Wow! I'm totaly impressed with your first collage! :o
I reconized every female character including sailor scouts and Ranma 1/2. :lol:
Marvelous, slave2moonlight. Marvelous. :clap:
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Many thanks. :)
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Here is a piece called, "Lovely Princess Eilonwy." I drew this in marker... if I remember correctly, then I added the background and orb in photoshop. It was one of my first times trying to do something with photoshop. I love this character. Along with Calla from the Gummi Bears, she is one of the most endearing yet sadly overlooked Disney Princesses. To me, she is the best thing about "The Black Cauldron."

Oh, and since I don't think I have posted it anywhere else in this thread, here is my gallery at Deviant Art:

http://slave2moonlight.deviantart.com/
Disney Duster

Princess Eilonwy Fanart!

Post by Disney Duster »

slave2moonlight wrote:Image
OH MY GOSH WOAH OH WOW THAT'S JUST INCREDIBLE! It is indeed lovely and I just love that background with the skulls! The picture is just...HOLY COW! I mean, everything works! A princess who looks innocent, but wears dark purple colors standing on top of green bones and skulls! It's like...I don't know! It's like innocence meets evil and it's great! Aside from that, it's also drawn well and painted beautifully. Awesome job!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Thanks so much, Disney Duster!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Finally did a Little Mermaid collage in honor of the Platinum DVD! Haven't had a chance to do my Amazon review yet though.

Disney Duster

Under the sea-e-e!

Post by Disney Duster »

slave2moonlight wrote:Image
OH MY GOSH! YAAAY! It's wonderful! I just loved picking out all the characters! The orange fish, the sailor who drops the fish, the maid who accidently hangs Sebastian in a shirt, the kiss the girl choir, the poor unfortunate souls, and my favorite under the sea sea snails ("Under the sea-e-e!") I love how Vanessa is right behind Ursula, and Eric's reacting to her! And Flotsam and Jetsam are PERFECT to wrap around Ariel like the hole in her grotto! What a great idea! Everything's drawn beautifully and with great quality. I just think Triton's a little off with his trident (should be longer) and Ariel's arm (but I know it's hard to draw from that pespective). But it's wonderful! I really enjoyed looking at it.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! I know Ariel's arm looks a little weird, but that's the way it looked in that scene I was using for reference, because of that weird perspective. Perhaps I should have done my own thing with it, as I did with many of the other characters, but I wanted that look from that "Part of Your World" scene. And I always thought the trident was longer too, I think it's longer in the TV show, but I noticed it seemed surprisingly short when finally viewing my platinum edition. At least, in the scene I was using for reference. I may have made it a bit shorter though.
Last edited by slave2moonlight on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Just finished a piece for "The Little Match Girl!"

Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Wow, slave2moonlight you have some really good drawing here, you are quite talented!
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Thanks. :) Well, it's the one thing I'm good at, ha.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Not truly Disney, but it was on Disney's One Saturday Morning and even the Disney Channel for a while. Here's a recent fan art drawing I did of Sabrina from the animated series. Just got the Christmas DVD, "Witchmas Carol," and it inspired me. Always had a crush on this toon.

And here's my art gallery, for those who want to see more. Just posted my November Wagner comic there (an original comic I do for Werewolfcafe.com) and a pic I found of me from Halloween 2000 (I think) dressed as Ash from Army of Darkness and the Evil Dead films.

http://slave2moonlight.deviantart.com/