"American Idol" Season 14 discussion.......................

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

"American Idol" Season 14 discussion.......................

Post by dvdjunkie »

This week the newly refurbished American Idol Season 14 sends the Top 48 to the House of Blues to pair the field down to the Top 24, and then the live shows begin next week with the Top 12 guys taking the Idol stage on Wednesday and the Top 12 gals doing the same on Thursday.

This season presented a lot of changes to how the Top 24 was picked. If you were watching, the Top 24 for season 14 opened the first show of auditions. While in the shadows, we only saw silhouettes, they still have become recognizable through these past four weeks.

Looks to be a fairly good season with some good talent available and Keith, Harry, and Jennifer ready to call their 'likes' and 'dislikes'.

Anyone else watching?
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Re: "American Idol" Season 14 discussion....................

Post by dvdjunkie »

The first batch of eliminations was held on last night's show. The Top 48 all played to a sold-out House of Blues in Hollywood, CA.

Some of the better contestants had a bad day, and some were still rewarded with a pass to the Top 24, which will be revealed on tonight's show.

The "Live" shows begin next Wednesday, Feb. 25th, when the Top 12 guys sing for our votes. Thursday night it is the girls turn to do the same.

I think the judges have been stern, but fair, in their judgements so far this year. Looking forward to tonight's show.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

We now have our Top 24 for the "live shows" of Season 14 of American Idol.

The guys will perform for our votes on Wednesday, Feb. 25, and the ladies will perform on Thursday evening, Feb. 26.

This might just be the best season ever for Idol. They had a hard time getting the 48 down to the Top 24.

Let's all watch and vote and see what happens in the coming weeks and who will be the next American Idol.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Hope that those of you who watch the Wednesday and Thursday shows where the Top 24 performed (Wednesday it was the guys, and Thursday it was the girls) are ready to who gets through to the next round of 16 next week.

American Idol traveled to Detroit, Michigan for the past two nights live shows, and will be in Detroit for the results of the voting, and the Top 16 will perform.

Lots of great talent, and, so far, I think they have more talented guys than girls. A couple of the girls forgot the words, and a couple were just nervous in front of a live audience. I think it will be easier to pick the best girls instead of the Best guys. The guys were all on top of their game and even the judges - Keith, Jennifer, and Harry - think it is going to be sad that any of the guys have to go.

We'll see next Wednesday night!!!
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Due to lack of interest in any adult discussion about the Final Season of American Idol, I will defer to anyone else who wants to comment on what, in my own opinion, is the worst season of talent they could field. The Top 12 was horrid, and the Top 10 do not represent what there was to pick from.

I will not have any further comments on this thread.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I agree. Even last year, which was absolutely awful, imo, was better than this. The only contestants I care for at all are Rayvon and Clark, and the former's given bad performances the past two weeks. And I can't stand any of the judges. JLO, as usual, is unbearable, but HCJ has equally awful taste. It seems the both of them can't stand the contestants who can actually sing, which leaves me wondering--why are they judging a singing contest show???

People can slam the Mariah/Nicki Minaj season as much as they want, but it's been the only season since Paula Abdul and Simon left the show that was any good. At least the winner could actually, you know, sing. And it's the last time the female and non-white contestants got a fair go of it on this show.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"