Classic Disney Toon

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
JenTrz

Classic Disney Cartoon

Post by JenTrz »

I am looking for the title of a certain classic black and white Disney cartoon. In the cartoon a young male fish doesn't want to go to school, but his mother tells him to go. He cuts school, and runs into older fish. The older fish scare him and he realizes he needs to go to school. It was a favorite of mine when I was younger, but I just can't remember the title. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

It sounds familiar to me, but I don't think it is a Disney cartoon. I remember seeing it. I think the little fish was named Small Fry. It may have been a warner brothers cartoon, but I could be mistaken.
Last edited by CJ on Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Papa Bear »

I agree I think this was a Warner Brothers Cartoon, I will see if I can figure out the title.
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

O.k, it looks like the Warner Brother's cartoon was called Small Fry, and the fish was Junior. I found this summary on imdb.com:

Junior Catfish skipped school to hang out at the pool hall. Mama was worried he might have been caught by a fisherman instead. He returns home for dinner, then sneaks back to the pool hall for the meeting of the Big Fry Club. For his initiation, he's sent into a cave full of scary things that ultimately send him running back to mama's arms. Throughout, the title song is sung.
JenTrz

Post by JenTrz »

Yes, that's the cartoon, thanks!
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

Glad I could help, JenTrz. And welcome to the forum :wave:
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

That's "Small Fry", a Fleischer cartoon I believe. Still under public domain, I think, so you just have to look in those cheap cartoon compilations for it.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Since there's a thread about this in Off-topic, perhaps merge or delete this one since they already answered the question in the off-topic section?

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?