Confirmation email?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
tomothy81
Gold Classic Collection

Confirmation email?

Post by tomothy81 »

I just joined the club and was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it would be before I recieved an email confirming my membership? The reason I want to know is, because I want to log into the site as a member and browse their selections. It said to allow an hour for processing, and then I would be able to log on, but it has been much longer than that. Any info that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.
disneyguy
Gold Classic Collection

DMC

Post by disneyguy »

Once when I joined I got confirmation the same day. After I quit and
tried to join again I never got an email saying whether I was in or
not. Then about a month later I got a letter in the mail saying I could
not have a new account..Best Bet if you don't hear in a day or two give them a call.
DG
MinnieMe
Special Edition

Post by MinnieMe »

I didn't get any kind of confirmation email until my order was being processed. I called the next day because my information was appearing wrong when I signed in and when I asked about the confirmation email the CM said that it would probably be sent once my order began processing.

I declined the "featured selection" and received an email saying "you've declined the featured selection." This was the first email I received. The confirmation email came MUCH later.

I was, however able to sign in about 20 minutes after I became a member, so it didn't take an hour for that to go through (even though they said it would).

I joined 3/24 and got my processing email 4/4 and haven't received my movies yet. Be prepared- it takes a while!
tomothy81
Gold Classic Collection

Post by tomothy81 »

How were you able to log on? It says that I need my account number, which I do not know as of yet. Is there another way to sign on?
MinnieMe
Special Edition

Post by MinnieMe »

Go here: https://disney.videos.go.com/General/Site/SignIn

That's the page you should have seen before you signed up for the club. When you joined you gave your email address and made a password for yourself. Put that in on the left where it says email and password, and then you can browse the movies.

Oh and if you want to call DMC you HAVE to have your member number in order to speak to someone (grr).

If you want to know your member number- it is under "My Profile" on the left side of the page. Hope that works!! :)
tomothy81
Gold Classic Collection

Post by tomothy81 »

Oh and if you want to call DMC you HAVE to have your member number in order to speak to someone (grr).
Yeah I noticed when I called I was unable to talk to a customer service representative without my account number. It seemed like a joke when I called them, I did not get any help, and the options are very limited. Oh well, thank you for your help. I hope that it wasn't a mistake for me to join. I guess I will find out soon enough.
Big Worms
Gold Classic Collection

Re: DMC

Post by Big Worms »

disneyguy wrote:Once when I joined I got confirmation the same day. After I quit and
tried to join again I never got an email saying whether I was in or
not. Then about a month later I got a letter in the mail saying I could
not have a new account..Best Bet if you don't hear in a day or two give them a call.
DG
What was the reason you could not have another account? You are the second person in the past month to say they tried to cancel and rejoin and where denied. I thought you could do this?
MinnieMe
Special Edition

Post by MinnieMe »

I was wondering about signing up again too. I had been planning on buying my other 4 relatively recently so I could cancel it and start another one. I'll be moving soon, so do you think I could sign up for another address?

Tomothy- the phone system is really irritating. I had some questions the day after I signed up and called. I had to go through about 10 different menus but eventually got to someone. Don't give up when you call- you'll eventually get someone (I even pressed a button for having a problem and they gave me 3 "tips" that could possibly solve my problem and I pressed the button for "no, that didn't help me, you idiot" and got to a person).

Despite the irritating setup, I think that I'll be happy with my choice to join. It's an average of less than $12 a DVD... I just keep telling myself that! :wink:
disneyguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by disneyguy »

They said something like they only activate existing account and don't issue new accounts. I am don't want to deal with those people anymore and just cancelled my account. They still send the monthly cards no matter how many times I call them and they only send standard reply emails to any questions I ask. Not Worth it to me..
DG
PMcOuntry
Special Edition

Post by PMcOuntry »

I just joined the club a few days ago and never got a letter, yet. I did see the $$ pending in my bank account though, so I'm assuming that I have a membership...
-Tricia

You may say I'm a dreamer,
But I'm not the only one,
I hope someday you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.
- John Lennon
MinnieMe
Special Edition

Post by MinnieMe »

They came!! I got my first DVDs today... joined on 3/24.

:D