Disney soundtracks for the 42 "Classics".

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Matty-Mouse
Special Edition

Disney soundtracks for the 42 "Classics".

Post by Matty-Mouse »

I always want to pick up some of these soundtracks because I love the songs in every disney film but I never know whether I should.

Does anybody have any soundtracks that they could possibly review for us here? I'd just like to here what the quailty of sound was like, what info you get in the inlay, whether you have any hot picks for what CD's are the best etc.
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?

Well thats actually low in fat so you can eat as much of that as you like.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

:twisted:
I have over 400 Disney/Touchstone/Hollywood Pictures soundracks on CD, but all of the animated features doesn´t have a complete official soundtrack released. If the CD is from Hollywood Records or Walt DIsney Records that´s mean that the sound quality is very good!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Wow, Chernabog - all the movies and all the soundtracks available! :o Astonishing!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Captain Hook
Special Edition

Post by Captain Hook »

I would love Disney to have all the soundtracks for the animated films available. I didn't pick up Peter Pan and Return to Neverland CDs, and now Peter Pan's soundtrack is out of print as far as I know...
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

From what I understand, these are the Disney soundtracks still in print:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Fantasia
Cinderella
Alice in Wonderland
Sleeping Beauty
101 Dalmatians
The Jungle Book
The Little Mermaid
The Rescuers Down Under (includes the three sung sonns from the original)
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
The Lion King
Pocahontas
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Hercules
Mulan
Tarzan
Fantasia 2000
The Emperor's New Groove
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Lilo and Stitch
Treasure Planet

So basically soundtracks are available for every post-Little Mermaid film, but only in scads for the previous ones.
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

There's more soundtracks to animated films than just those, but many are extremely hard to find.
Defy Gravity...
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Yes because the ones I just mentioned are still in print. The other ones such as Dumbo, Bambi, Peter Pan, etc. are no longer being printed by Walt Disney Records so whatever's left in stores is whatever's left period.
jabroni76
Special Edition

Post by jabroni76 »

Disney Mania is cool.. especially bootleg copies! :P

No, seriously, the music is pretty cool, and you end up developing more love/respect for the originals...
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

you forgot pete's dragon, who framed roger rabbit and 101 dalmatians that come out last year :)
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

That's because I was only focusing on the animated classics, and I *did* include 101 Dalmatians. :P

Other movies in the Classic Disney Soundtrack line are:

Mary Poppins
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Pete's Dragon
Newsies
The Nightmare Before Christmas
James and the Giant Peach
Captain Hook
Special Edition

Post by Captain Hook »

That's disappointing about Peter Pan... Oh well, I'll get it when the Platinum comes out.

Yeah Jabroni! I love Disney Mania and Disney Radio Jams and stuff like that. Just a question though, you know that song that goes "Boom, ka boom"? Well, it talks about Disneyland and all the people there and all of a sudden Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is mentioned. Why in the world is that? Chitty isn't Disney, it's MGM!
Kim Olav Svines
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kim Olav Svines »

I have Peter Pan and Many Songs Of Winnie The Pooh. They're both great. It'st he European releases by Walt Disney records. They're still in print as far as I know.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Does the Pooh CD you mention contain the original songs from The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh or are they re-recordings by the new cast? Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh has wonderful songs as well as score and I'd *LOVE* to own it on CD.
Matty-Mouse
Special Edition

Post by Matty-Mouse »

I just check at amazon.co.uk had they had two different labels (Warner and Disney) versions of "The Aristocats" are you sure that one isn't still released in the states?
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?
Dust? Anyone? No?

Well thats actually low in fat so you can eat as much of that as you like.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

A minialbum of Aristocats´ songs was released in US a few years back - but nothing of the score.
On the European (swedish) version that I own there is a lot of score as well!
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Chernabog wrote::twisted:
I have over 400 Disney/Touchstone/Hollywood Pictures soundracks on CD...
Wow, your Disney collection is almost as big as my entire CD/record collection.

Didn't you say you had all the films too? Do you have an abandoned airplane hanger somewhere to store them all? :D

I would love to get that Magic Behind the Music thing, but sadly it is out of print. From the descriptions on this forum, it sounds very cool.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Yes, I have all officially released soundtracks to the Disney companys theatrical features, as well as a bunch of the promo and Oscar score releases that you can´t buy in the stores.
My entire CD collection though, is over 1000 CD.
And that´s right, I also have all the features on video or DVD as you mentioned.
But it doesn´t take a whole hangar to store them all - only one room in my house - my Disney Treasure room, as I use to call it!
:roll:
Kim Olav Svines
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kim Olav Svines »

Disneykid wrote:Does the Pooh CD you mention contain the original songs from The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh or are they re-recordings by the new cast? Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh has wonderful songs as well as score and I'd *LOVE* to own it on CD.
It is the original recordings. There is also the songs from Pooh's Grand Adventure.

Amazon in England has it in stock: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 09-0879656
Billy Moon
Special Edition

Post by Billy Moon »

AFAIK, the original recordings from Winnie the Pooh with Sterling Holloway have NOT been released on CD. They released a story-and-songs CD back in 1989 with Jim Cummings as Pooh, and every compilation album since has used those recordings.
Captain Hook
Special Edition

Post by Captain Hook »

Billy Moon wrote:AFAIK, the original recordings from Winnie the Pooh with Sterling Holloway have NOT been released on CD. They released a story-and-songs CD back in 1989 with Jim Cummings as Pooh, and every compilation album since has used those recordings.
That's too bad... They should have released a CD with the original songs when the 25th Anniversary came out...