Complaining letter to the DMC

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Complaining letter to the DMC

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

I got tired of this so I'm going to send them this letter.

Hi,

I write to tell you that I am extremely disappointed with the DMC. And I will explain my reasons as follow:

1. You take forever to add new titles to the club. Just a couple of days ago (Jan.9) I received the new magazine with Mulan as featured title. How come is this possible? The movie was released in October!

2. The prices for the DVDs are too expensive. And the sad part is that this is true in comparison to almost every other place. Plus with the S&H the prices rise to $30 (and more dependig on the S&H you choose).

3. Why is it that I have to wait a whole month and sometimes more to get an order? I just live in PR (a US territory that is 2:30 hour flight from NY). And I know for a fact that the same thing happens with people living in the US. I know that I choose the cheapest S&H but still it shouldn't take a whole month or more for my orders to arrive.

4. The DMC site leaves a lot to be desired. It has never been updated since I became a member (technically speaking). Being a Disney site it should be updated frequently and in a more fashion way (with flash animations and such) like the disney.com site. The Order History section is a complete mess. It has no order whatsover. And even worse is the fact that you keep on changing it everytime, so it is usless. Your Contact Us feature is a joke. A couple of days ago I sent and e-mail asking about how many remaining titles I had to buy and all I got as a response was the "membership information".

5. It seems that you don't have any kind of connection between the DMC site and the magazines/letters. In my case, according to you through the magazine I still have to buy 2 more titles. But in the DMC site it shows that I might only need to buy 1 more since Home on the Range is on its way.

To summarize, where are the benefits of becoming a member if I have to wait longer than anyone else to get new titles, have to pay more, the orders take so much time to arrive, the DMC site is anything but user friendly, I can't get in contact with anyone online, there's no coherence between the site and the magazines, there are no things of interest in the "merchandise" section and there aren't any actual incentives in your "specials" (that I can't see them as such)?

I expect things to change very soon. If they don't once I'm done with my remaining titles I won't buy from you again. If I became a member of the DMC was to expect benefits and not the complete opposite. Otherwise, I can just go to Wal Mart and get the movie the date it's released and for just $20 including taxes.

"You're only second rate!"
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

You might want to fix a few gramatical errors before sending it, but you make a lot of really good points.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

goofystitch wrote:You might want to fix a few gramatical errors before sending it, but you make a lot of really good points.
Thanks, I'll check it later.

Take in consideration it's late and I'm a little sleepy.

"You're only second rate!"