Is it just me or the club is getting worse in every way?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Is it just me or the club is getting worse in every way?

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

For lots of reasons:

1. The new titles arrive there months after their release; Aladdin was featured just a couple of weeks ago.

How come is this possible being a Disney movie in the Disney movie club?

2. They take forever to deliver. It is true that I always choose the normal shipping and handling... but still, living in the US it is not fair to wait a whole month or more (usually more) to deliver movies.

3. Their specials for members are nowhere to be seen. If you go to the "misc" section of the site there are just a couple of things and most of them aren't worthy.

Is someone else around here furious about this?

"You're only second rate!"
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I agree, especially when compared with Columbia House. CH gets most new releases on street day and allows you to pre-order weeks in advance (and they sometimes ship out early). Their standard shipping rate gets you your DVDs 2 or 3 days after you order it. There are actual worthwhile sales there (for example, Buy 1 Get unlimited at 40% off... Box Sets at 50% off... Buy 1 Get 1 Free, etc... unlimited Free Shipping) and many of their items are set to a regular club price of $19.99. Every purchase you make earns you Fun Cash points, which add up quickly and can be applied to future purchases. Their website, while down a lot of the time, is easy to use and comprehensive... it serves all your needs (certainly not the case for DMC's). You get 5 DVDs when you join instead of 3-- and with free shipping-- and have 2 years to buy them instead of one. I find myself buying from Columbia House simply because they are cheaper and more convenient than local retailers, something I would never do at DMC. CH also gives significant improvements in discounts and benefits to preferred members and they improve the longer the member has been there. Preferred members don't even have to cancel their director's selections every month. I only recently became a DMC preferred member and so far have seen nothing (but maybe I just haven't had the chance yet). If DMC got their act together, I think they'd see an increase in member satisfaction and therefore an increase in business.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition

Yes. I also forgot to mention their $23 + prices in their movies... it may no look like much but when you add to that the S&H ends up to $30.

The Featured Selection was really, extremely annoying. They charged me countless of times for those movies; of course I sent them back. Now you can cancel it in their website.

And could someone please explain me the history of your orders? They're always messed up. They're never featured in any order and keep on changing it.

I am very, very angry with this. At least I'm done with the club.

But seriously why would someone want to join the club? As you said 1 year to buy the remaining titles instead of 2 as CH does, expensive movies in comparison to almost every other place, they take forever to add new titles and the benefits are almost none.

AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Yes, and that's another thing, DMC's shipping rates are WAY too high. :roll: The order history on their website, like most things there, is useless. Also, the email system that invites friends through your account never works for me and they can't fix it and just tell me "oh well" after cumulative hours on the phone. I think I might compose a letter to the director.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Twitter - @aaronspod
disneywb
Gold Classic Collection

Post by disneywb »

I just joined, and I'll tell you why: It was only to get ahold of THE COMPLETE GOOFY. We ended up ordering Wave 2 of the Treasures, which meets 2 required purchases. It's a shame that the wait for new releases is so long, but I plan on buying out of the contract as soon as possible. Now, if only they'd offer treasures wave 1...
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I only joined for the VIP benefits. I have completed my 6 movie deal, so I am just waiting for them to recognize me as VIP. I hopt it's worth it.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition

This is just lovely.

I've almost never order trough the DMC site, and now that I do the page has been down for the whole day.

Then I send them and e-mail asking about my "history profile" (and told them that it is a mess) and they sent me an e-mail with info on the membership :evil:

By the way, today they're finally including Mulan to the list (that's the one I want to order). Look how fast they work in updating the titles... oh and by the way, I knew it because of the letter I got because on the site it doesn't show unless you use the "search".

How come is it that Disney has this AWFUL service?!!

PS

The only good thing for people interested is that finally they have a good special on some DVDs (they're between $20 or less; The Rescuers Down Under is $12)

DaeLex
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DaeLex »

awallaceunc wrote:Yes, and that's another thing, DMC's shipping rates are WAY too high. :roll: The order history on their website, like most things there, is useless. Also, the email system that invites friends through your account never works for me and they can't fix it and just tell me "oh well" after cumulative hours on the phone. I think I might compose a letter to the director.

-Aaron

Yes they are... 18 dollars for 1 day shipping on the 1st item? Pleeease...
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I will say that to DMC's credit, there has been a slight pick-up in turn-around time for a DVD's release and it being offered through the club.

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
ValenciaJoe
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ValenciaJoe »

awallaceunc wrote:I will say that to DMC's credit, there has been a slight pick-up in turn-around time for a DVD's release and it being offered through the club.

-Aaron
I wouldn't go that far. I forget which DVD they offered that was just released... but that was months ago. They are back to their old pattern of offering something that has been on the market for weeks, if not months.
It's more fun when we're number 1!
Big Worms
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Big Worms »

Anybody notice Bambi is available as an enrollment title.
disneywb
Gold Classic Collection

Post by disneywb »

I just checked on this, and Bambi is indeed available as an entry member title...but it for some reason isn't available in the browse A to Z section for my current member status. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing.
willeykit

DMC Problems

Post by willeykit »

I wouldn't say it's getting worse, but I will say that it's not getting better as quickly as it should. I've been a member since the beginning and I'm still waiting to be able to order movies "on credit" (meaning ship, then pay) through the internet.

I really haven't had any problems with them, except at the very beginning. But, I don't order every month either. I do agree with others points that it takes them an extremely long time to add movies to their inventory for us to order them and that the shipping is excessively long. And, for me being a VIP member, I really haven't seen any benefits and it really doesn't save me any money ordering from them when I can go to Walmart the day a movie is released and buy it for $16. Mostly I just do it so I can order them and pay for them later, even if I have to send in a card.

They really could take some tips from Columbia House. Granted they have their problems too, but their website is slick, plus members have perks, like earning bonus dollars to use for future purchases.