AAARGH!! Damn fine print!! >:(

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Paka
Anniversary Edition

AAARGH!! Damn fine print!! >:(

Post by Paka »

Ugh - twice now I've received the DMC's crappy Featured Title (The Country Bears and the Inspector Gadget 2-Pack), and it's gotten me a bit irked. But then I saw that the order form for the latest FT (Spy Kids 2) had fine print under it's "Yes" or "No" check boxes, and went to the online site to check it out. Sure enough, under "Membership Agreement", it stated that FTs will be automatically sent to you if you don't respond by the set deadline. Great. That's awfully brash of them to force their craptacular movies on those who are none the wiser that join their Club. Well, at least I know to do it now - and it's as easy as a click of a mouse on the site, so...

Anyway, I'm off to Kinko's to buy another manila envelope and pay $5 to ship this tripe back. :roll:
Life often leaves us standing bare, naked and dejected with a lost opportunity. Over the bleached bones and jumbled residues of numerous civilizations are written the pathetic words: "Too late."

~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

That really sucks. You gotta stay on top of the monthly selections with Columbia House and this.

What I do as an extra safety precaution is only use 1-time credit card numbers to pay for stuff through the clubs, that way if I forget to decline a selection (which has never happened) or something goes wrong on their end and they inadvertently plan to send me a selection (has happened a couple of times with Columbia House), they'll be forced to either send a letter asking for updated payment info, or they'll simply bill me and I won't have to worry about getting re-credited on my card.

You can always just write "REFUSED - RETURN TO SENDER" on the package and then it goes back to them, no shipping charge required, as long as you haven't opened it.
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

Heh - I'll keep that in mind the next time they ever send another cheapquel to me. :twisted:
Life often leaves us standing bare, naked and dejected with a lost opportunity. Over the bleached bones and jumbled residues of numerous civilizations are written the pathetic words: "Too late."

Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

They'll give you your money back if you return them. I've forgotten on several occasions to decline the Director's Selection from Columbia House.
What would this wretched world be like without Disney?
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

Oh, I know that they'll "re-credit" the credit card - it's just the pain of buying packaging and postage that bugs me. >:p

poco
Special Edition

Post by poco »

Same problem happened to me with columbia house. I was going to send a title back and found it would cost me shipping because I opened the box (not the DVD) to see what title it was. Turns out that my friend was really wanting the movie so I just kept it until Christmas. I check my coulmbia house account frequently. thanks for the reminder..i'm going now to say no, don't want!
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living." -- Dr. Seuss
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

that's why i don't join video clubs i hate those stupid features, i think if they dont receive the card that should mean you dont want it :lol: