A Country Coyote Goes Hollywood: new Exclusive title

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
gardener14
Special Edition

A Country Coyote Goes Hollywood: new Exclusive title

Post by gardener14 »

I didn't see this mentioned here yet, but A Country Goes Hollywood is coming to the Disney Movie Club as a new Exclusive title. It's a Wonderful World of Disney episode from 1965. I'm so happy to see these older films continuing to be released, so I hope others will support it so they continue with others.

Here is where I got the news:
http://openvaultdisney.com/2013/12/03/n ... ry-coyote/
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Re: A Country Coyote Goes Hollywood: new Exclusive title

Post by Darby »

I have never heard of this title, but I am encouraged to see more Walt-era live action material continue to be released as DMC Exclusives. I will certainly purchase it to support the line. I just really wish they would release The Prince and the Pauper staring Sean Scully and Guy Williams. I have to imagine it is better known title than A Country Coyote Goes to Hollywood. DMC's logic behind Exclusive releases is mystifying.

Darby
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

I agree, Darby. Ironically, The Prince and the Pauper is currently showing on Disney Family Movies On Demand a cable subscription channel, so it is certainly on their radar. Sometimes, but not always, I have noticed that rare titles show on Disney Family Movies On Demand either just before or just after they appear as Exclusive titles through the Disney Movie Club. I wonder if it will show up as an Exclusive soon.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

gardener14:

It has also been available on Amazon video on demand for a quite a while now. Here's to hoping it gets a DMC Exclusive release soon!

Darby
WilbyDaniels
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WilbyDaniels »

hope it is the way it was broadcasted on tv, Walt's introduction, etc. if not I will not purchase it. It probably runs about 50 minutes and will cost close to thirty dollars. not worth it!
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

WilbyDaniels:

Ideally, I would prefer that the DMC release the three 50-minute television episodes of the film from the Walt Disney anthology television series plus the 93-minute theatrical version (similar to the way Dr. Syn The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh was released under the Walt Disney Treasures banner), but, with a few exceptions, DMC seems to prefer releasing the theatrical versions rather than the episodic versions from the anthology. It is the 93-minute theatrical version that is available via Amazon Instant Video.

Darby
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Darby wrote:I have never heard of this title, but I am encouraged to see more Walt-era live action material continue to be released as DMC Exclusives. I will certainly purchase it to support the line. I just really wish they would release The Prince and the Pauper staring Sean Scully and Guy Williams. I have to imagine it is better known title than A Country Coyote Goes to Hollywood. DMC's logic behind Exclusive releases is mystifying.

Darby
It comes down to two things: What titles are easier to get past clearance issues (usually just music rights) and that Disney Home Entertainment is currently run by people who don't know and don't care about anything older than maybe 10 years.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
MichaeLeah
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MichaeLeah »

I wanted to clarify something about this particular title. Although it was an episode on Wonderful World of Color in December 1965 and so an introduction should exist, this film was initially theatrically released with Those Calloways in January of 1965. So I don't consider it such an atrocity if the tv intros are absent. I just think of it as the theatrical version. While I think the price is too high for a 37 minute film, I will inevitably buy it using a club deal. I guess the enigmatic marketing scheme isn't so bizarre after all, I readily buy the film because my membership in the club makes me aware of its existence. In the meantime films like The Bears and I, One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing, and Prince and the Pauper remained unissued. Oh well.
My avatar is from Tony's Town Square Restaurant. What else would we do over a plate of spaghetti with meatballs?
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mouseketodd »

Disney also sells "The Prince and the Pauper" on iTunes.
My handmade paperweights, including Disney subjects -- some contain viewable movie cells!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tmhofherr
Currently listed: Ludwig Von Drake, Annette, Zorro, Star Wars, the Wicked Witch, Classic Tron, and more!