The Sword In the Stone - HD Academy Ratio

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
drfsupercenter
Anniversary Edition

The Sword In the Stone - HD Academy Ratio

Post by drfsupercenter »

So... it's been confirmed that the new Blu-Ray that is coming out tomorrow of The Sword In the Stone is cropped widescreen, rather than open-matte Academy.

iTunes used to have it in Fullscreen, but it looks like they've changed their masters as well.

The good news is, I purchased a copy of the film on Xbox Live Videos, it's 1080p (at least I think it is - if not, it's 720), and in the proper academy ratio. It looks glorious, too, just like this Blu-Ray is said to be.

Is anyone here interested in a rip? I have to do some post-processing work to it (e.g. cropping the pillar-boxes off, I can just encode it at 1440x1080 resolution), but I should be able to get a working encode out within a week or two. Why Disney couldn't have just released it in both formats is beyond me :angry:

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Sword In the Stone - HD Academy Ratio

Post by Escapay »

Please take note of the forum's revised Rules & Guidelines, particularly #16:

Sharing or linking to copyrighted material such as music or films is not permitted. Discussion of any illegal activities is not permitted either.

This topic will be closed.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?