Got machine gunned on selected titles

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ksmith

Got machine gunned on selected titles

Post by ksmith »

I work away from home and so I'm not home much. For the most part, with the exception of "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" month in 2009, I have been good about declining unwanted Selected Titles once per month.

In March, I forgot to decline "Treasure Buddies". My fault. My daughter likes the monkey in that movie anyway, so no big deal.

On April 13, I declined "African Cats", no big deal.
On May 5, like everyone else on Earth, I declined "John Carter"

Next thing I know there is an expensive two-DVD set of Muppets and Muppet Treasure Island showing up. It's order went in on May 07.
So, there were two selected titles in April that I had to deal with? Nothing against the Muppet movies. I actually like the Muppets, but not for $35.00

Emails to them only get canned responses, which I consider poor customer service. I've been a member of their club since 2007 and buy at least 5 movies per year. They are losing a longtime dedicated customer over poor customer service.

Anyway, end of rant.

Kevin
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

Hi Kevin,

You do know that if you return the dvds as long as they are still in the package and with the receipt they will give you a full refund.

Regarding the quip about receiving titles, not meaning to sound catty but that's just the way it is no matter who you are if you don't decline the title and your default credit card has funds in it when that featured title comes a long boom your going to get it.

But like I said just send them back new still sealed in the condition they were upon receipt with the packing slips and they will give you a full refund. They've done it for me in the past when I had forgotten to decline the title.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Papa Bear »

Also if you just write "Refused Return to Sender" on the package and drop the back in mail they get them back no shipping cost to you. This is what a DMC person told me to do once a while back whenI got an unwanted title.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Re: Got machine gunned on selected titles

Post by milojthatch »

ksmith wrote:
On May 5, like everyone else on Earth, I declined "John Carter"

Kevin
"Like everyone on Earth?" Dude, the movie wasn't that bad. Have you even seen it?!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney