NEW DMC EXCLUSIVES COMING SOON!!!!!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

NEW DMC EXCLUSIVES COMING SOON!!!!!

Post by msh1975 »

DISNEY MOVIE REWARDS WEBSITE HAS IN THERE " COMING SOON TO DVD SECTION " 2 MORE EXCLUSIVES!!!!! THEY ARE:

1. THE HUNTER AND THE ROCK STAR

2. DAD, CAN I BORROW THE CAR?

LOOKS LIKE THERE ROLLING THEM OUT FASTER NOW.....HURRAY 8)
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Re: NEW DMC EXCLUSIVES COMING SOON!!!!!

Post by Mouseketodd »

Great news!! Maybe we can get "Light in the Forest" and "The Prince and the Pauper" released soon....
My handmade paperweights, including Disney subjects -- some contain viewable movie cells!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tmhofherr
Currently listed: Ludwig Von Drake, Annette, Zorro, Star Wars, the Wicked Witch, Classic Tron, and more!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Re: NEW DMC EXCLUSIVES COMING SOON!!!!!

Post by milojthatch »

Mouseketodd wrote:Great news!! Maybe we can get "Light in the Forest" and "The Prince and the Pauper" released soon....
I keep pushing for that very thing...
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

Dad Can I Borrow the Car? and The Hunter and the Rock Star were released together on one VHS back when many WWOD titles were released in tandem on VHS. That's what DMC should be doing with these 45-50 minute episodes, not releasing them individually for $20 each (or make the price $10 each).
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Papa Bear »

gardener14 wrote:Dad Can I Borrow the Car? and The Hunter and the Rock Star were released together on one VHS back when many WWOD titles were released in tandem on VHS. That's what DMC should be doing with these 45-50 minute episodes, not releasing them individually for $20 each (or make the price $10 each).
Well as a Disney movie Club member I never pay full price do you? I usually wait until there is about 6-8 new exclusive titles and then pick them up on buy one get the rest for 50% or 60% off. Sure you have to wait longer to get them but it makes them very affordable.

I can't wait to get these too, I am thinking it is about time to put in an order!
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

It's true that members rarely pay full price, but that doesn't change the fact that a little known 45 minute tv episode is being sold for the same price as a two hour movie with a larger fan base. The discounts are the same, so the value (or lack thereof) is the same in each case including discounts. I'm suggesting that old tv episodes should be paired together if they are going to be offered at the same price as more popular and longer movies. DMC offers many of their more obscure titles at prices far less than $20, just as many popular titles are priced higher. Discounts are irrelevant because they apply equally across all price points.

As it is, the anthology titles are not a good value and at $20 each compared to the pricing scheme established for most other titles. Disney's own practice of issuing two titles together as they did in the 80's is a much better alternative. Having said all that, I am a consumer of these DMC Exclusives because I want them and there is no other option, so I guess Disney is getting what they want. I'm just not sure if I can continue purchasing the new titles if they continue to issue them singularly at the current price point.

For example, Ben and Me from the Disney Generations Collection is priced $5 less than other titles in the Generations Collection. That's how it should be with single WWOD episodes in the DMC Exclusives line.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Yay for Dad, Can I Borrow the Car (Kurt!) - - still waiting on Escapade in Florence, The Prince and the Pauper, The Horsemasters, The Light in the Forest, The Sign of Zorro, Moseby's Marauders, VonDrake, etc.

Just ordered Sammy...!!!