DVD+Book Sets

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

DVD+Book Sets

Post by Jäger-Rose »

Hey guys,

I've recently - pretty late, I know - discovered the DVD+Book-Sets for me. After I got all Germany ones I would still want to know which were international publiced. Let me start with a list of titles I know about. In case you have anything to add, please respond :)

And to make it clear: I'm talking about this kind of packaging: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... AA300_.jpg
I know France gets a special book with every Diamond Edition but I do not count these here. Links are to local shops (Amazon, etc.).
  • The Jungle Book (GER, UK)
  • 101 Dalmations (GER, UK)
  • Sleeping Beauty (GER, FR, UK)
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (GER, FR, IT, US, UK)
  • TinkerBell (GER, IT)
  • Brother Bear (GER, IT)
  • The Fox and the Hound (GER, FR)
  • TinkerBell and the Lost Treasure (GER, IT)
  • Beauty and the Beast (GER, IT, UK, US)
  • TinkerBell and the Great Fairy Rescue (GER, IT)
  • Toy Story (IT)
  • Toy Story 2 (IT)
  • The Rescuers (FR)
  • Robin Hood (FR)
  • Pinocchio (FR)
These are all I could find using simple researches. I can, however, confirm the list of German releases is complete. For the other countries I can't speak and am addicted to your help :)
Last edited by Jäger-Rose on Tue May 29, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kylemj
Limited Issue

Post by kylemj »

Although same as the other countries the UK BATB (With exeption of Classic numbered spine and obv language lol) http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/16222270 ... d:16222270
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Why do you not count the books that come with every Diamond Edition in France? And where can I learn more about those?

And the UK always gets such books, too? I know Sleeping Beauty got a book with the last Platinum Edition, is that the same thing?
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

@kylemj: Thanks, I've added it to the list.
@Disney Duster: I'm actually not sure if they come out frequently but here are two I was able to find for you at once: Lady and the Tramp 1+2 & Bambi 1+2. As you see they look completely different and were no where else released than France. So I don't consider them as part of this "collection series".
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Jäger-Rose wrote:@kylemj: Thanks, I've added it to the list.
@Disney Duster: I'm actually not sure if they come out frequently but here are two I was able to find for you at once: Lady and the Tramp 1+2 & Bambi 1+2. As you see they look completely different and were no where else released than France. So I don't consider them as part of this "collection series".
Oh, those look nice but are really not...when I was in France two weeks ago I saw these and they looked really flimsy...they also had one for the lion king trilogy. Didn't buy them though.

I did always like the Jungle book and 101 Dalmatians and Pinocchio ones, but since I have these in several editions, I didn't buy them. Maybe if the entire Platinum line had a release like that I would have.

I do admit I'm intrigued by the Alice In Wonderland and Sword In The Stone Collector's Set....but to me, I don't think they're worth what they're going for on Ebay.
monorail91
Gold Classic Collection

Post by monorail91 »

I really like the Sword in the Stone one, it came with lithographs and some other nice things to look at.
January 6, 2009 - Met Stephen Schwartz
September 4, 2009 - Met Tom Hulce
September 18, 2009 - Met Miley Cyrus
August 3, 2011 - Met John Musker
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

Could you tell us more about the Pinocchio, Alice and Sword sets?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I have the books that came with the US DVD releases for "Lion King," "Aladdin," and "Cinderella," as well as the US Blu-ray releases for "Beauty and the Beast" and "Snow White." I love the books, and would love to pick up more like them for other Disney films.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Snow White and BatB got them in the US.
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

milojthatch wrote:I have the books that came with the US DVD releases for "Lion King," "Aladdin," and "Cinderella," as well as the US Blu-ray releases for "Beauty and the Beast" and "Snow White." I love the books, and would love to pick up more like them for other Disney films.
Those were included in this gift sets with a Senitype film frame, right?
ajmrowland wrote:Snow White and BatB got them in the US.
Added.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Jäger-Rose wrote:
milojthatch wrote:I have the books that came with the US DVD releases for "Lion King," "Aladdin," and "Cinderella," as well as the US Blu-ray releases for "Beauty and the Beast" and "Snow White." I love the books, and would love to pick up more like them for other Disney films.
Those were included in this gift sets with a Senitype film frame, right?
ajmrowland wrote:Snow White and BatB got them in the US.
Added.
I remember the DVD's coming with the film frame, but not the Blu-rays. I also remember the DVD's coming with cards that had sketches of the various characters, but again, not the Blu-rays.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Snow White got a DVD/Book release in the UK both as a Platinum and later as a Diamond edition. Also, Pinocchio got the book treatment in Spain.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage