DMC's shipping....sucks!!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

DMC's shipping....sucks!!

Post by justcuttinhair »

Okay!
so I have now been a member of the Disney Movie Club for a year next month. What made me want to join were the many "Exclusives" that they offered. Being a fan of the classic live action films, this was pretty much the only avenue in order to own legit copies. So, for those of you who think that the Pony Express is long since past...I beg to differ. I usually choose the standard shipping when ordering my packages from DMC, and my initial/ first order came within 4 days! wow! thats what Im talking about...now...all subsequent orders have taken anywhere from 3 weeks to 5 weeks to arrive....OMG! really? I order movies from Amazon.com and use the standard/media mail delivery and it takes a week at most, and sometimes it can be from as far away as California or Hawaii( I live in NC). Makes no sense to me...not to mention, that over the past year 3!!! orders have never even arrived, and they have had to ship me replacements. Same thing with the Rewards Program...it takes forever!!! to get anything from their dept. Just wanted to rant and rave this morning.......thanks!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

You know, being as the MOD titles are starting to be sold from the DMC now, it would be nice if some Disney Exclusives showed up on Amazon. And I'm not talking about the second hand sales that are on their currently. I don't expect it would happen, but a guy can dream...
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
AliceinWonderland
Gold Classic Collection

Post by AliceinWonderland »

I live in california. their standard shipping gets to me in about 10 business days from when it ships. I order from them about every 4 months.
I have had a shipment hold because of a payment problem (using my disney rewards dollars) where there wasnt communication between billing and shipping so it sat in limbo until i called to correct the problem
FrugalFreak

Post by FrugalFreak »

I agree, they are slow as molasses. They wouldn't last in a real marketplace if it wasn't for the "club". It would be the last place I'd buy from if membership didn't exist. Deep discount/amazon is much faster.

Are those in Wisconsin always so slow?

people don't want MOD titles, only Disney wants MOD(cheap and high profit point with no ownership offline)
My Disney Collection-http://goo.gl/KjSrb
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Disney Movie Club Shipping

Post by Mouseketodd »

I must say, I ordered a Walt Disney Treasures volumn (in a tin) from the movie club as a birthday gift for someone, and it arrived in great condition.

I was always selective when picking these out for purchase in a physical store, wanting items with no or least dented metal.

Instead of ordering online, I decided I'd place my DMC order by phone to explain that this was to be a gift: would it be possible for Fulfillment to select a clean one from the inventory?

My order came in the normal "vacuum-packed" tight corrugated cardboard, and it survived the mail with barely one impression in the tin!
My handmade paperweights, including Disney subjects -- some contain viewable movie cells!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tmhofherr
Currently listed: Ludwig Von Drake, Annette, Zorro, Star Wars, the Wicked Witch, Classic Tron, and more!
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

I order from them every month and it takes too much time for them to process my orders and the shipping takes almost a whole month! It's crazy! You can't redeem those double points offers on the DMR due to the time the movies arrive!
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
AliceinWonderland
Gold Classic Collection

Post by AliceinWonderland »

reyquila wrote:I order from them every month and it takes too much time for them to process my orders and the shipping takes almost a whole month! It's crazy! You can't redeem those double points offers on the DMR due to the time the movies arrive!
I just order from them agian (10 blu rays this time) it took 10 days this time for them to process my order :roll:
three days after i order i checked to see if my order was shippied.. guess what, another problem with my order that i needed to call in to fix. but they never contacted me.
if you are not on them you'll sometimes never get your order it seems. now i have 10 more business days before i get cinderella and some blus i ordered to get a nemo ticket :cry:
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Re:

Post by Nala »

FrugalFreak wrote:I agree, they are slow as molasses. They wouldn't last in a real marketplace if it wasn't for the "club". It would be the last place I'd buy from if membership didn't exist. Deep discount/amazon is much faster.

Are those in Wisconsin always so slow?

people don't want MOD titles, only Disney wants MOD(cheap and high profit point with no ownership offline)
I once ordered from Amazon and it never showed up so I had to get a refund. Never ordered from Amazon again.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Re:

Post by Nala »

AliceinWonderland wrote:
reyquila wrote:I order from them every month and it takes too much time for them to process my orders and the shipping takes almost a whole month! It's crazy! You can't redeem those double points offers on the DMR due to the time the movies arrive!
I just order from them agian (10 blu rays this time) it took 10 days this time for them to process my order :roll:
three days after i order i checked to see if my order was shippied.. guess what, another problem with my order that i needed to call in to fix. but they never contacted me.
if you are not on them you'll sometimes never get your order it seems. now i have 10 more business days before i get cinderella and some blus i ordered to get a nemo ticket :cry:
My orders are processed withing a few days and sometimes the next day. The only ones that take longer are the pre-orders.

Nala
Anniversary Edition

Re: DMC's shipping....sucks!!

Post by Nala »

Ordered 4 movies last week and they came today. Only one that didn't was the pre-order. I never have problems with DMC. Amazon on the other hand is a pain and I never order from them again after one of my orders never came and they had to give me a refund.