Most Desired Vinatge Disney Titles not yet released!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

>>Amen to that! A pressed disc of the complete "The Light in the Forest" would be terrfific! As would a pressed disc of "The Prince and the Pauper"!<<

...along with "The Horsemasters," "Escapade in Florence," "Sammy the Way-Out Seal" and "The Sign of Zorro" (plus movie only editions of "Perri" and "Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow" -- and some Ludwig/Ranger/et al shows).
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Now when we got "The Horse With The Flying Tail" and "Justin Morgan Had A Horse", we gladly see STORMY, THE THOUROUGHBRED WITH AN INFERIORITY COMPLEX released as well ;)
FrugalFreak

Post by FrugalFreak »

The Boy Who Talked to Badgers
One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing
The Bears and I
Run, Cougar, Run
The Light in the Forest
Chandar, the Black Leopard of Ceylon
Justin Morgan Had A Horse
My Disney Collection-http://goo.gl/KjSrb
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

FrugalFreak wrote:The Boy Who Talked to Badgers
One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing
The Bears and I
Run, Cougar, Run
The Light in the Forest
Chandar, the Black Leopard of Ceylon
Justin Morgan Had A Horse
"Justin Morgan Had a Horse" has been released!

http://www.amazon.com/Justin-Morgan-Had ... ad+a+horse
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
AlanJ

Re: Most Desired Vinatge Disney Titles not yet released!

Post by AlanJ »

I'd like to see released on DVD:

Song of the South
Mosby's Marauders
The Light In The Forest (complete version that was released on LaserDisc & VHS)
Mark Twain and Me

Also, I saw mentioned in an earlier message: Back To Hannibal: The Return of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn

that movie has been released:
http://www.amazon.com/Back-Hannibal-Ret ... berry+finn

Also, an uncut version of Make Mine Music is already available on a Region 2 DVD at:
http://dvd-shoppen.com/93-disneys-klass ... 00643.html

AND an uncut version of Melody Time is already available on a Region 2 DVD at:
http://dvd-shoppen.com/disneys-klassike ... 00841.html

or uncut version Melody Time (Region 2) can also be found at:
http://www.amazon.com/Melody-Time-Roy-R ... elody+time

To unlock your DVD player to be multi-region go to: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
Last edited by AlanJ on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlanJ

Post by AlanJ »

Also, Return to Snowy River is available as an Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1) Director's Cut from Roadshow Entertainment (http://www.village.com.au).

The Director's Cut has the missing wedding scene that Disney had removed from the film before distribution.

You can buy the DVD at either http://www.devoteddvd.com.au or http://www.fishpond.co.nz

Search for The Man From Snowy River II not Return To Snowy River.
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

The Oswald the Lucky Rabbit short that was recently discovered "Hungry Hobos". If we are going with animation. Although I did like see Disney do better job with original titles lot of titles on the WDT were reissue, some titles were unremastered (better copies found on other animation DVDs), some censored Three Little Pigs, Clock Cleaners (uncensored elsewhere), , if they start releaseing them on blu-ray that I think is bound to happen at some point.

As for the live-action material, I we are talking about original theatrical films then I think all of them are out with the expectation of the usual suspects, Song of South.

Now some features, only originated on the Disney anthology series and where re edited for theatrical release, I think its understandable that they have not been released specially if there is no alternative footage that was created for the re-release, if Disney has released the original TV version. now, same with original theatrical feature films that were re-edited into Disney anthology episodes If nothing new was crated for there tv board cast.

Now there is another thread flotting around discussing the animation created for the anthology series, at first glance some of the "animation " seems to come from Storyboards etc, nut not actual animation footage, or still drawing. and some are even aimation diagrams and not even worth it. Further inspection and I shall tell you what I want.
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Heil Donald Duck wrote:As for the live-action material, I we are talking about original theatrical films then I think all of them are out with the expectation of the usual suspects, Song of South.
No they are not! There is still no releases for
The Sign of Zorro
Run, Cougar, Run
The Great American Cowboy
The Best of Walt Disney´s True Life Adventures
Take Down
Tiger Town

of course someone can say that some of these WERE made for TV or other companies, but the fact is still there - they were released theatrically by Buena Vista in US or Europe.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Chernabog wrote:
Heil Donald Duck wrote:As for the live-action material, I we are talking about original theatrical films then I think all of them are out with the expectation of the usual suspects, Song of South.
No they are not! There is still no releases for
The Sign of Zorro
Run, Cougar, Run
The Great American Cowboy
The Best of Walt Disney´s True Life Adventures
Take Down
Tiger Town

of course someone can say that some of these WERE made for TV or other companies, but the fact is still there - they were released theatrically by Buena Vista in US or Europe.
Not only the above, but also:
The Light in the Forest (only educational version on DVD)
The Prince and the Pauper
The Horsemasters
Mosby's Marauders (Willie and the Yank)
Guns in the Heather (Secret of Boyne Castle)
For the Love of Willadean
Perri (movie only)
Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow (movie only)
Nikki, Wild Dog of the North (only OOP on Anchor Bay)

-- and many more TV films (Moochie, Swamp Fox, Gallagher, et al -- also theatrical featurettes (even Oscar noms with classic animation!) such as:
It's Tough to be a Bird
Scrooge McDuck and Money

-- and let's not forget all the animated TV compilation hours with original animation starring Lugwig VonDrake, Ranger Woodlore, Donald, Moby Duck, et al.
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

Another title I'd include for release, though technically not Walt era
but still vintage, is One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

gardener14 wrote:Another title I'd include for release, though technically not Walt era
but still vintage, is One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing.
I want to see it as well, I know a beautifully remastered OAR print exists that can be rented on Amazon on Demand and has been used on the International DVD releases. Have requested this title on The Disney Movie Club Facebook page in the past. I have a space for it in my DVD cabinet hopefully someday soon it will be released.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
AlanJ

Re: here are titles i like to see

Post by AlanJ »

The Light in the Forest
http://www.dep-store.com/ProductDetails ... =77C32VL00

Yes The Light In The Forest is available as a Disney Educational DVD, but it has 3 minutes cut from the theatrical version.

The LaserDisc and VHS versions were 93 minutes, whereas the Disney Educational DVD version is 90 minutes.

The Light In The Forest still needs a full length 93 minute version on DVD.
Last edited by AlanJ on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

Here is an email I recently sent to Priscilla, who is the DMC's Member Advocate, urging the release of the full 150-minute three-part version of The Prince and the Pauper:

"Priscilla:

I have been a longtime member of the Disney Movie Club and I would like to respectfully advocate for releasing The Prince and the Pauper (1962) starring Sean Scully and Guy Williams as a DMC Exclusive. The Prince and the Pauper first aired as a three-part television show on the Walt Disney anthology series on March 11, 18, and 25, 1962. The three episodes were entitled “The Pauper King, “The Merciful Law of the King,” and “Long Live the Rightful King.” It was later released theatrically in Europe in a 93-minute version (this shorter edited version is currently available via Amazon Instant Video). Please consider releasing the full three 50-minute television episodes from the Walt Disney anthology television series as a DMC Exclusive. If you read any reviews of the 93-minute theatrical version, one of the consistent complaints from viewers is that it feels like major plot elements are missing (which, of course, happens when a 150-minute program is edited down to 93 minutes).

Your truly outstanding DMC Exclusive release of The Magnificent Rebel would be an exceptional example to follow. Similar to The Prince and the Pauper, The Magnificent Rebel first aired as a two-part television show on the Walt Disney anthology series on November 18 and 25, 1962 and it too was released theatrically in Europe in a shorter edited version. Your laudable DMC Exclusive release of The Magnificent Rebel fully preserved the two full 50-minute television episodes and even included the Wonderful World of Color opening titles for Parts 1 and 2, Walt’s intros for Parts 1 and 2, Walt’s ending for Part 1, the preview of next week’s Part 2 episodes, and the full credits for both parts. It was as complete a release of The Magnificent Rebel as any fan could hope for. I urge you to release The Prince and the Pauper in a similarly comprehensive fashion. It is arguably the best filmed version of the Mark Twain story and I would love for a newer generation of viewers (including my own children) to be exposed to this genuine gem from the Disney Vault.

Thank you in advance for your consideration."

If anyone would like to email Priscilla, her address is: [email protected]

Darby
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

Thank you Darby. I followed your lead and emailed them also. I'd love to see The Prince and the Pauper released as a DMC Exclusive.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

You're welcome, gardener14, and thank you for emailing them as well. It's a long shot, but I figured it didn't hurt to ask.

Darby
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Post by justcuttinhair »

you are right Darby! it does not hurt to ask! I emailed as well. It seems as though, Disney is really pushing digital releases to be the major outlet for classic releases. As it has been pointed out before, the majority of the live action films are available on iTunes in HD, in their original aspect ratios....of the few I've bought( which at 20 dollars a pop!! is highway robbery!) are eons betters than their dvd counterparts. Perhaps, many of the Anthology films can/will be released this way as well. I am a purist, and really want the intros with Walt.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

justcuttinhair wrote:you are right Darby! it does not hurt to ask! I emailed as well. It seems as though, Disney is really pushing digital releases to be the major outlet for classic releases. As it has been pointed out before, the majority of the live action films are available on iTunes in HD, in their original aspect ratios....of the few I've bought( which at 20 dollars a pop!! is highway robbery!) are eons betters than their dvd counterparts. Perhaps, many of the Anthology films can/will be released this way as well. I am a purist, and really want the intros with Walt.
Thanks for taking the time to email them as well, justcuttinhair. I know it depends on the shape of the available elements of a particular show or film, but I figured that since they did a wonderful job with their DMC Exclusive release of The Magnificent Rebel in terms of completeness, there is hope they could something similar for The Prince and the Pauper.

I am still a fan of physical media, but I do recognize that digital releases are certainly the way studios are going in terms of releasing their catalog titles. I'm glad to to hear that the digital versions of the live action films are in their original aspect ratios (too bad they do not do that consistently with their DMC Exclusives!). Like you, I'm a purist and love the intros with Walt.

Darby
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

The Parent Trap III
The Parent Trap: Hawaiian Honeymoon
Song of the South

There's one movie that was on Wonderful World of Disney about a gymnast who had one arm and was really good but for the life of me, I can't remember the title of the movie. It was really good.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08