new dmc excl. posted on dmr website!!!!!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

new dmc excl. posted on dmr website!!!!!

Post by msh1975 »

hi everyone dmr has posted on the coming soon list FLIGHT OF THE GREY WOLF. i do not know what the 2nd title will be yet, but im sure theres a 2nd as there always is, they always come out in groups of 2. look for it in may or june dmc flyer.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

we've been discussing this at the thread Two new DMC Exclusives for March 2011!.

Through some research I found out the release date for Flight of the grey wolf is May 3rd. So we should be seeing more details in next months flyer from the DMC along with what the 2nd title is. As with last year for a few weeks they had advertised that Almost Angels was coming out on the DMR website but it wasn't til the actual flyer surfaced from the DMC that we found out Sword and the rose was the companion title. So just have patience and we will find out what the companion title is pretty soon probably.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

The exclusives page for initial ordering has changed a bit:

https://disneymovieclub.go.com/webapp/w ... ryId=10082
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

Post by msh1975 »

has anyone recieved there may brochure/flyer from dmc? id like to know what the 2nd titles is thats alongside flight of the grey wolf.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

Just got my May mailer and the new Exclusives are:

Menace on the Mountain

Johnny Shiloh

Flight of the Grey Wolf
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Johnny Shiloh (with Kevin Corcoran and Brian Keith)? -- Awesome!!! Hope it's a nice new print of the feature version not just the old VHS -- but I'd want that one either way!

...Show also has a Sherman Bros theme song!
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

I'm definitely going to purchase all three, but I would love for them to release The Light in the Forest, The Prince and the Pauper, The Sign of Zorro, Zorro the Avenger, Email and the Detectives, as well as the various series from the anthology show (Texas John Slaughter, Daniel Boone, The Swamp Fox, Elfego Baca, Andy Burnett, Gallegher, the New Adventures of Davy Crockett, etc.) as Exclusives!

Darby
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

OMG AWESOME NEWS!!!!

Post by msh1975 »

HEY thanks darby for the wonderful news.....wow 3!!! new exclusives instead of 2.......hot damn its about time!!!! and johnny shiloh at that and menace on the mountain.........ill be ordering first thing tuesday and express delivery on this.........keep up the good work disney!!! finally we are getting somewhere.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

will definitely be ordering all 3 when i get paid Friday so excited. Great month great titles. Johnny Shiloh was superb as was Menace on the Mountain.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

awesome!

Post by justcuttinhair »

this is awesome news! but, i am curious if these will be presented in their original format as episodes of the anthology series or if they will be shown in their edited movie versions. also, keep the board posted how the quality turns out...these exclusives have been hit or miss lately.
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

Probably edited to their feature film version as they have all had VHS masters made of their feature length European and non-theatrical market cuts.
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Darby reminded: >>...I would love for them to release The Light in the Forest, The Prince and the Pauper, The Sign of Zorro, Zorro the Avenger, Email and the Detectives, as well as the various series from the anthology show (Texas John Slaughter, Daniel Boone, The Swamp Fox, Elfego Baca, Andy Burnett, Gallegher, the New Adventures of Davy Crockett, etc.)...<<

YES! -- and please don't forget Escapade in Florence, The Horsemasters (both with Annette! Tommy! Sherman Bros!), Sammy the Way Out Seal, Moseby's Marauders - - plus some Wonderful World of Color animation titles hosted by Ludwig VonDrake, Ranger Woodlore, Jiminy Cricket, Donald Duck, Magic Mirror et al. -- and Disneyland Showtime, It's Tough to Be a Bird, Scrooge McDuck and Money, Dad Can I Borrow the Car, etc.

(...in case I hadn't mentioned those before...) ; )
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

The movies are now available on the Disney Movie Club Website:

Artworks:

ImageImageImage
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Yay! Thanks for posting the covers.

And thanks, Disney -- keep 'em coming!
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

picture and sound

Post by justcuttinhair »

have theses releases been mastered? or are they pretty much the same as the vhs prints?
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

@justcuttinhair Just ordered mine on Friday so haven't received them yet but will post some screen captures from them when they get here.
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

Just got mine in today. Unfortunately I can't post screencaps.

Johnny Shiloh, and Menace on the Mountain appear to have undergone some form of restoration and Johnny Shiloh probably looks the best. Flight of the Grey Wolf, however, looks pretty bad and is most likely NOT a remastered print.

All three of the films are in their feature edit, without Wonderful World of Disney intros, and episode recaps. They are the European and non-theatrical market prints that have been released on VHS in the past.

Also, all films are 1.33:1 fullscreen, but that was their original television broadcast ratio.
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

really?

Post by justcuttinhair »

can anyone post screencaps?
i have menace and johnny shiloh and honestly....no offense...i see very little..if any restoration. there is a slight bit more sharpness in some scenes..but, some scenes do tend to be blurry and fuzzy along edges.