PETES DRAGON OOP 1-31-09

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

PETES DRAGON OOP 1-31-09

Post by msh1975 »

hi everyone, just got my up to date disney list from disney consumer relations dept today and petes dragon is no longer available after 1-31-09. guess we will have to see if a re-release is out by xmas this year in a SE.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Good to know. Here's hoping for a true Special Edition DVD in 1.75:1 anamorphic widescreen to be released, though the Gold Collection disc was quite good, even if there weren't many movie-specific stuff.

ETA:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

I was just at the BBFC and I found THIS!!!!

BRAZZLE DAZZLE EFFECTS: BEHIND DISNEY'S MOVIE MAGIC
Video Feature
Classified 27 January, 2009 .
Run Time 30m 20s

00:25:22:06 BRAZZLE DAZZLE EFFECTS: BEHIND DISNEY'S MOVIE MAGIC
00:02:24:16 PETE'S DRAGON DVD BONUS MATERIAL - 2) DELETED SEQUENCE
00:02:33:13 PETE'S DRAGON DVD BONUS MATERIAL - 3) BOO BOP I LOVE YOU

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

:pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink:

IT IS GETTING A SPECIAL EDITION!

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

hopefully we'll see a blu ray release for it?
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Wow!!! :shock: Can't wait! :D

So glad I hadn't bought this one yet! :lol:
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

And I was just considering getting Pete's Dragon's current edition recently. Good thing this SE is coming soon; I can wait a couple of months for it.

Not so much info on the bonus feature so far, it seems, but I'd be sure to enjoy looking at that Disney Magic piece. Only question is, though, how long and relevant it'd be to the movie.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Finally a re-release that's actualy "hopefuly" worth upgrading. I'd like to see some backstage stuff and a "makin of" document too. And hopefuly it'll be a 2 disc special editon. Pete's Dragon is one of the brillant films that express heart and personality.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Escapay wrote:Good to know. Here's hoping for a true Special Edition DVD in 1.75:1 anamorphic widescreen to be released, though the Gold Collection disc was quite good, even if there weren't many movie-specific stuff.

ETA:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

I was just at the BBFC and I found THIS!!!!

BRAZZLE DAZZLE EFFECTS: BEHIND DISNEY'S MOVIE MAGIC
Video Feature
Classified 27 January, 2009 .
Run Time 30m 20s

00:25:22:06 BRAZZLE DAZZLE EFFECTS: BEHIND DISNEY'S MOVIE MAGIC
00:02:24:16 PETE'S DRAGON DVD BONUS MATERIAL - 2) DELETED SEQUENCE
00:02:33:13 PETE'S DRAGON DVD BONUS MATERIAL - 3) BOO BOP I LOVE YOU

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

:pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink:

albert
HOLY F***! A 25 minute featurette deleted scenes, what they hell is up with Disney today. First OOP Bedknobs then Hocus Pocus, did the just read the post I made earlier today and say to themselves "will show that punk!"?
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Don't egg 'em on to rip us off Flanger, might cause some bad luck with the possiblity of a healthy re-release. I'd be surpised if we got an audio commentary too.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I am going to sell my Lilo & Stitch & Pete's Dragon DVDs (I don't know yet about The Black Cauldron & Bedknobs and Broomsticks), and I was thinking of just stopping at CD Warehouse...Lilo & Stitch isn't selling for much online. I am looking right now, though, at the selling prices for Pete's Dragon on both Half.com and Amazon.com. Amazon says that you can buy it new from them for $19.99, and from both sites, the "new & used" prices start at about $16. So maybe I should sell it online...?

Do any of you think that anything on the Gold Collection is worth having, compared to what will be on the new disc?

Anyhoo, I've always loved Pete's Dragon, so I'm thrilled about a bonus-features filled (well, partly filled?) DVD!
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

Go figure...just when I bought the DVD they go and announce a new release ...gotta love Disney. I'll double dip only if it's released on Blu!
Walmart: the perfect place to shop for a headache at a discount price.
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

Finally! A re-release I don't own. I was considering getting this since it's $19.99 at Best Buy. Glad I didn't!

And I expect to see "So Dear to my Heart" re-released soon, too. Considering how they put the film on Disney Movie Rewards (an act to get rid of extra copies, IMO).
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Escapay wrote:ETA:
What does that mean? Extended Thought Attachment?
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

OMG! I was hopeful for a substantial Bedknobs re-release even though deep inside I, like Escapay, was expecting a simple reissue. Now that new (and substantial!) extras have been passed for Pete's Dragon, Bedknobs may not be too far off. I'll definitely double dip for both films if a Blu-ray is released, and I think this year seems like the perfect year to kick off Disney's non-Platinum catalogue titles on BD.
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

oh just great.....I just bought this movie on Friday the 23rd and its FINALLY getting a special edition that it should have gotten for the 30th anniversary two years ago?

Well, I'm glad I got it. If it gets a blu ray, I'll double dip. Heck, I'll end up triple dipping probably.....
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Argh! Just bought this for my niece for Christmas! (gave her my old Elliott plush too, because she really loves that movie).

I LOVE this film, Doc Terminus is a favorite villain of mine too, but I don't know if I'll double dip until it's on Blu-Ray. It doesn't make sense when you know eventually it will be released on BD. Same thing with Bedknobs for me. Love 'em both but I already have them both in standard and have already started buying the new format. If their wasn't a new format that is constantly growing in size, then sure, I'd double dip for the extras...
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Avaitor wrote:Only question is, though, how long
25 minutes and 22 seconds. :P
Wire Hanger wrote:what they hell is up with Disney today.
I don't know, but whatever they're on, I WANT SOME!
Ames wrote:Do any of you think that anything on the Gold Collection is worth having, compared to what will be on the new disc?
We'll have to wait until we know more about what's on the new disc. If it's all new stuff and the drop everything on the old disc, then you should hold on to the old one. But if it's everything on the old disc plus the new stuff that just got passed, then you can sell the old disc.
T-SoD wrote:
Escapay wrote:ETA:
What does that mean? Extended Thought Attachment?
No, but that's quite good actually!

It's "Edited To Add".
Kelvin wrote:OMG! I was hopeful for a substantial Bedknobs re-release even though deep inside I, like Escapay, was expecting a simple reissue.
Don't you love it when Disney proves us wrong? :D

Now then, Disney, I expect you to re-release a barebones non-anamorphic The Rocketeer that simply adds DMR points and not contain stuff like commentaries, documentaries, or anamorphic enhancement...PROVE ME WRONG!

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Woohoo!!!!! This is very exciting... and will be exponentially more exciting if it comes to Blu-ray (but I'm not getting my hopes up).

Let's hope the new featurette includes new retrospective interviews. And call me crazy, but I'd love an audio commentary too.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Yay for the titles going out of print! I was holding off on buying Pete's Dragon and Hocus Pocus - hoping for a special edition. So I'll just wait a little longer. 8)
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I'm hoping that Bedknobs/Pete's Dragon will come in August and Babes in Toyland and The Happiest Millionaire can come at Christmas time. Disney could make this the year for their live-action musicals.
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Hopefully on Blu-Ray or I will pass again. Pete's Dragon, Bedknobs and Broomsticks and James and the Giant Peach were three of the few Disney movies I never bought on DVD. Been wating for a Blu Ray for a couple of years. Hopefully I will be rewarded.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09