Disney Movie Club DVD Exclusives

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneytodd

Post by disneytodd »

So now there is another new exclusive edition of a non-exclusive film.

A deluxe edition of The Sword in the Stone with the DVD, lithographs, book and more is now available as a Disney Movie Club Exclusive.
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

Nothing yet for August. I wonder if Monday they'll announce a new set of exclusives for DMC.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

disneytodd wrote:So now there is another new exclusive edition of a non-exclusive film.

A deluxe edition of The Sword in the Stone with the DVD, lithographs, book and more is now available as a Disney Movie Club Exclusive.
I just got my monthly packet in the mail, and I came here to post this! Here's the info from the website:

Disney Movie Club is proud to offer the magical Walt Disney Classic The Sword In The Stone 45th Anniversary Special Edition Collector's Box DVD for a truly amazing keepsake and the perfect gift. This very special collectible edition includes a mini-storybook, a 3-D lenticular card, and three lithographs with a certificate of authenticity. Be sure to refer to your order card to receive this very special DVD. Regular shipping and processing applies. Counts as 2 units toward your purchase commitment. Limit 3 per member. Automatic shipments will receive the regular edition of The Sword In The Stone 45th Anniversary Special Edition.

$69.95
DisneyPrincess
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyPrincess »

That is a nice set- but holy cow....who has $70 to blow on a dvd set right now? Not me..... :D I purchased the regular release, I think that will be good enough for me. I'm just glad it's on dvd as a better release.
disneytodd

Post by disneytodd »

Another new club exclusive is available beginning August 26.

James and the Giant Peach: Special Edition (featuring a DMC exclusive DVD slipcover aka cover art)

I'm not sure if this is the exact same dvd (stock number and sku all the same and such) with a different cover for DMC or if this is a re-issue with new numbers and a new cover for DMC club members.
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

Atta Girl Kelly is now available as a club exclusive. It says it has an all new bonus feature about the seeing-eye dog school featured in the film.
Richard--W
Limited Issue

cover scans

Post by Richard--W »

Zorro -- Season 2
Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3

The Wild Country

I wonder if someone who has these Exclusives can upload sizable scans of the front cover-art? I don't have a scanner or I'd do it.

Watched The Wild Country tonight and it is quite nice. A good film, too. Recommend it to everyone.

Richard
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Is The Wild Country in widescreen? It doesn't say on the site.
Richard--W
Limited Issue

Post by Richard--W »

The Wild Country is full screen on the Exclusives DVD.

Was it a theatrical release or was it made for television? I don't know for certain what the intended aspect ratio was, but it looks okay on the DVD. I'm a big fan of the director, Robert Totten. Totten was discerning about westerns. He had a real talent for them. He understood the genre and the historicity of the genre better than most directors. He tried to make more westerns, but they always dried up in the financing phase, I'm told, or fell apart because of creative differences with the producers. They should have just let him do it his way. Two of his strongest entries in the genre, Pony Express Rider (1976) and a superior remake of The Red Pony (1974) with Henry Fonda for the Hallmark Hall of Fame program, have not been issued on DVD, which is a real shame.

Can't anyone do those cover scans?

Richard
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

It was indeed released theatrically in 1970. It should have been released in either 1.75:1 or 1.85:1, but since you say the framing feels normal, it is probably open matte. I'm dying to see the film, so any release is greatly appreciated, but OAR would have been preferred.
Richard--W
Limited Issue

Post by Richard--W »

I didn't say it felt normal. I said it looked okay. Which is not to say it couldn't be improved. On closer look maybe it is a little tight. I don't think it's open matte. Why does Disney persit in full screen transfers of widescreen films. No other company does that anymore, and audiences know better.

You'll enjoy the film in any case.

Totten was a sure hand at pictorial composition, and his set-ups here are most instructive.

Folks, how about those cover scans of Zorro season 2 and The Wild Country?

Richard
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

You seem to be the only person who has them at the moment.
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

I was happy to see Condorman's aspect ratio listed as 2.35:1 on the DMC website, and I ordered it. Now I just got the latest mailing, and Condorman is listed as fullscreen in the printed catalog. Which is it? I'll find out when it arrives soon, but I sure hope it's widescreen. Why does Disney continue to make these oversights?
lentlan

Post by lentlan »

gardener14 wrote:I was happy to see Condorman's aspect ratio listed as 2.35:1 on the DMC website, and I ordered it. Now I just got the latest mailing, and Condorman is listed as fullscreen in the printed catalog. Which is it? I'll find out when it arrives soon, but I sure hope it's widescreen. Why does Disney continue to make these oversights?
Hi gardener, can you confirm which it is? I have read conflicting reports of it being full frame or widescreen.
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

lentlan wrote:
gardener14 wrote:I was happy to see Condorman's aspect ratio listed as 2.35:1 on the DMC website, and I ordered it. Now I just got the latest mailing, and Condorman is listed as fullscreen in the printed catalog. Which is it? I'll find out when it arrives soon, but I sure hope it's widescreen. Why does Disney continue to make these oversights?
Hi gardener, can you confirm which it is? I have read conflicting reports of it being full frame or widescreen.
It's non-anamorphic widescreen.
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

^jrboy is correct.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Disney Movie Rewards has a "Missing Code" listed for "DMC - Walt Disney Mini Classics: The Small One."
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

Chicken Little in Collectible Tin
Last edited by jrboy on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

When I was at the D23 Expo, DMC had an area of the Home Entertainment room devoted to their exclusive titles. They had a bunch of them displayed on a wall, including the tin cases. They had three: Lilo & Stitch, Chicken Little, and Hercules, which is coming soon.

They also had the big books behind a glass case. The Sword in the Stone is already out, but they also had Sleeping Beauty, which the lady told me is coming out next month.

So look for a Sleeping Beauty gift set in a book similar to The Sword in the Stone and look for a tin case of Hercules in the near future.
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

Hercules in Collectible DVD Tin