Disney Movie Club DVD Exclusives

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Stub, The Best Cow Dog in the West DMC DVD EXCLUSIVE

Post by disneyboy20022 »

NEW Exclusive on DVD VIA DMC
At last...the best of Sunday night TV is back! It's the legendary TV show popular with audiences for 29 years. The longest-running prime-time series in television history (1954-1983). The winner of numerous awards, including seven Emmys. It's THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF DISNEY! Journey to California's picturesque Santa Inez Valley as a wild Brahma bull threatens the area's prized cattle herds. The rancher's best hopes for corralling the 1800-pound horned hooligan are three talented Australian "cow cutter" shepherd dogs -- Stub, Queen and Shorty. Stub has more than just good cow sense. He keeps a few tricks "up his sleeve" for rodeos, roundups and a daring river rescue. Hold on to your cowboy hat and try to stay in the saddle as you experience a generous slice of western adventure.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
zuzu

Post by zuzu »

Only one exclusive this time ? Moreover, the movie is only 45 minutes long...
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

Disney1970s

Little Lost Dog just announced

Post by Disney1970s »

The newest exclusive is posted on Disney Movie Club it is Little Lost Dog. Who picks these titles??? What about doing some of the good titles that aren't on DVD such as Sammy The Wayout Seal, One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing, Smith, Mooncruisers, Moon Pilot, or Dr. Syn? Instead we are getting titles like Stub and Little Lost Dog--never heard of either.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I'm torn- I think that it's good that lesser-known titles are getting better known (well, somewhat better known- it depends how many people are buying the titles). On the other hand, I agree with you, Disney1970s- there are a lot of films that the fans REALLY want to be released, and instead of spending time and money on these other releases, Disney could put some effort into releasing these other films. However, it's probably cheaper to release movies like "Little Lost Dog" and "Stub", and, since "not that many" people will purchase these titles ("not that many" in quotations because not nearly as many people will buy these films as will titles like the POTC films), Disney doesn't feel the need to put time and money into restoring these films or adding bonus features.
abbatazappa

Post by abbatazappa »

It took some research, as this latest title is not even in the Maltin book. Anyway, TV.com had it listed as an episode from the Disneyland show:

"Little Dog Lost"
Episode Number: 223 Season Num: 9 First Aired: January 13, 1963

From Disney:
This is the story of Candy, a very young Welsh corgi puppy who is bought by a couple as a pet for their children, Bud and Katy. The parents begin training Candy almost at once and the dog seems to settle into the household without difficulty. Problems begin, however, when Candy is about four months old. The dog becomes terrified of brooms, associating them with punishment, and runs away from home.

imdb
msh1975
Gold Classic Collection

new exclusive to dmc: little dog lost

Post by msh1975 »

hi guys disney movie club exclusive : little dog lost is now available on dvd. once again only 1 exclusive dvd released, what happened to releaseing 2? every 3 months???? i think it really sucks that they are only releaseing 1 title now. what do you guys think of it???
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I just received my copy of "Little Dog Lost" and it comes with a Disney Movie Rewards slip for 100 points. It has the DMR logo in the bottom left hand corner of the cover, as well as the upper right of the back where it explains how to register your points. I think it's nice that they include them in the new DMR exclusives.
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

^That's great to hear! I was going to order that along with Stub...now I have an even greater incentive.
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

I just got this month's catalog ... POLLY and POLLY COMIN' HOME were added this month as exclusives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Papa Bear »

Sweet I have been hoping for theese two to come out, now we just need "Parent Trap 3 and 4" and the the "Not quite Human" Trilogy.
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

Papa Bear wrote:Sweet I have been hoping for theese two to come out, now we just need "Parent Trap 3 and 4" and the the "Not quite Human" Trilogy.
I totally agree ... I'd actually love it if the do an individual release of Parent Trap 2 ...

Throw in Mother Goose Rock n' Rhyme and Fluppy Dogs and we are good to go!
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

The Polly movies are great to have available, but I'm hoping for some more older films that have long been unavailable. Movies like Big Red, Charley and the Angel, Superdad, and Almost Angels just to name a few.

Not only is Superdad a great movie, but you'd think with Kurt Russel in it, they would have made it available with the other Disney films of his. I'll keep hoping, though.
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Papa Bear »

Big Red is available although it is out of print and was released through Anchor Bay, I have had it for years and it is a great film Amazon has it availbe if you are willing to pay around $50 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eimprovemz I got mine for under ten when it first came out.
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

Papa Bear wrote:Big Red is available although it is out of print and was released through Anchor Bay, I have had it for years and it is a great film Amazon has it availbe if you are willing to pay around $50 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... eimprovemz I got mine for under ten when it first came out.
I realize that, and thanks for trying to help, but I don't think being long out of print from another distributer and selling for big bucks through second-hand outlets is any excuse for Disney to not make older titles available.

Disney released the majority of older live action titles on dvd, then they suddenly stopped with only a small selection left in "the vault" with no rhyme or reason. For example, why would they release The Misadventures of Merlin Jones but leave The Monkey's Uncle unavailable? It's practically a sequal.

I hope that one day we'll see the remainder of Disney's live action movies available for purchase once again. I hope to see one of them each time I open my envelope from the Disney Movie Club.
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Papa Bear »

Your welcome for the help and ?I agree I was not saying that I don't want or don't think they shouldn't re-release these anchor bay titles, I have bought all of them but have also been replacing them when Disney releases them directly. And I hope they eventually make them all available!
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

Rowlf, you got your wish! Polly and Polly Comin' Home have both been released in the DMC as exclusive DVDs!!!!!!!!!!!
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

I kno! You have no idea how happy I am ...

Oddly enough ... about a month ago ... I found a "Polly" bootleg DVD site ... and I was so going to buy it ... That's how I got my copy of "Song of the South" ...

But I was like ... "No ... You can wait" ... and I am so glad I did ...

I was so happy when I got my mailer last week ... I rushed on here and posted it in the "New Club Exclusives" thread ... http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=20626

Singing *Sweet Little Angel Eyes* ... Woohoo!
Jessica
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jessica »

I was wondering if someone could tell me when Polly would become available to order. Thanks ahead of time.
<i>The user formerly known as Tinkerbell</i>
Rowlf_The_Dog
Special Edition

Post by Rowlf_The_Dog »

It's been available to order for club members since last week ... You can even buy it at a discounted price if there is a sale going on ...