site refused action

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

site refused action

Post by Prince Phillip »

Earlier when I was looking at a post, I tried to get back to the GD forum to view some other posts and it said something like "site has refused action" I tried to get back to the forum index and the main site, but it just kept saying that...

Was or has this been a problem for anyone else? :?
Defy Gravity
Luke
Site Admin

Re: site refused action

Post by Luke »

Prince Phillip wrote:Earlier when I was looking at a post, I tried to get back to the GD forum to view some other posts and it said something like "site has refused action" I tried to get back to the forum index and the main site, but it just kept saying that...

Was or has this been a problem for anyone else? :?
The site's been down for a few minutes here and there, to my dismay - but I haven't gotten any message like that. Not sure what that means, but thanks for letting me know. If it persists, let me know.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Captain Hook
Special Edition

Post by Captain Hook »

Yeah, the same thing is happing to me. I get Error and that the site is down. It works if I shut down all my mail and internet and try it again. I also keep getting "Oh Billy Boy" pages about 1 in 10 times I try to post/read in the forum.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Captain Hook wrote: I also keep getting "Oh Billy Boy" pages about 1 in 10 times I try to post/read in the forum.
When you click on links? How is that happening - all the links are working, they're automatically generated and everything. Are you doing anything with the address? Maybe you're still getting the Netfirms site?
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Captain Hook
Special Edition

Post by Captain Hook »

Well, I click on the link, the page loads up, and RIGHT before it's done it suddenly switches to the Billy Boy page. So then I press the back button and then they come back up. I don't think I'm in the Netfirms site, cause it's all on the 66. etc.

Grr, I'm really tired of all this not working!!! :x
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Captain Hook wrote:Well, I click on the link, the page loads up, and RIGHT before it's done it suddenly switches to the Billy Boy page. So then I press the back button and then they come back up. I don't think I'm in the Netfirms site, cause it's all on the 66. etc.

Grr, I'm really tired of all this not working!!! :x
Maybe you should try using the regular text address, then. I think the way the forum is coded, by default it will try taking you to UltimateDisney.com, so if you're using the IP address, it might cause problems. Because all the pages are there, the paths just might be screwed up when you're at the 66.xx site.
Captain Hook
Special Edition

Post by Captain Hook »

Okay, will do. :)
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

I guess it has to do with the server going down, on and off, but it has happened to me a few more times since the last time...
Defy Gravity
Captain Hook
Special Edition

Post by Captain Hook »

It's happened to me also again. I guess my computer stinks.
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhh! Luke, this is becoming a real problem for me, it happens every time I come to the site, I use to never hav problems, I don't know why this is happening, has the site been going down a lot? :?
Defy Gravity
Satoshi
Special Edition

Post by Satoshi »

I couldn't get on the site or this board a few hours ago but the problem seems to be fixed now.

Edit: About 30 minutes ago the same thing happened again. :(
Captain Hook
Special Edition

Post by Captain Hook »

I was having problems again today. Getting errors and such, as usual. :cry:
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Apparently, a couple of people abusing e-mail was causing excessive loads for the server and that was causing us problems. Looking further into it, but temporary action from my webhost has seemed to fix things.

Today, there's downtime expected and it's been occuring from time-to-time, hopefully will get better soon.
Captain Hook
Special Edition

Post by Captain Hook »

Luke, please don't think that I'm complaining about you or the site. I just am tired of my computer not working. Let's hope this will all work out sometime. :)
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

FYI: I'm getting this message two or three times everyday. Hmm. I can't access the site for about 5 minutes.

Hopefully, the "excessive loads for the server" issue will be cleared up soon. :)
Captain Hook
Special Edition

Post by Captain Hook »

Starion wrote:FYI: I'm getting this message two or three times everyday. Hmm. I can't access the site for about 5 minutes.
I still get Billy Boy and Error about 5 times combined each time I log on. Oh well.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

i got "site can not be found" for about 30 minutes. :(
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Anytime the site goes down, I send an e-mail, they send me an explanation...and then it goes down again later. Ugh. What a pain.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Luke wrote:Anytime the site goes down, I send an e-mail, they send me an explanation...and then it goes down again later. Ugh. What a pain.
Is ok Luke @ least is not as bad as your other provider. i can handle 30 min it's better than been a day without a forum!
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

MickeyMouseboy wrote:
Luke wrote:Anytime the site goes down, I send an e-mail, they send me an explanation...and then it goes down again later. Ugh. What a pain.
Is ok Luke @ least is not as bad as your other provider. i can handle 30 min it's better than been a day without a forum!
Yeah, that's when I start shaking and reaching for the heroin...
I've had a few dropouts lately, but I think my ISP more to blame for that than anything else....
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter