Search Function Issues

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Search Function Issues

Post by Elladorine »

It seems we can't do a "Search topic title only" anymore, that portion of the options field is now blank:

I tried checking it anyway while doing a search, but it seems to work the same way as the first option as it includes searching the message text as well. I was wondering if the issue has to do with the apparent updates (new smilies, etc.) being done on the site and just thought I should bring it to your attention. :)
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Looks like one of several bugs from updating the forum software (multiple choice polls are another one), which didn't even provide the one fix I wanted it to. Probably not an easy fix, so I'll just hope it sorts itself out in the next round of updates.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I noticed this too and it's still like that, by the way, in case this updates you on if it should have changed by now.

It would really help because certain people have been making threads when they need to find the right threads already made to post in...

Also, I really, really dislike the new smilies. The old ones were sooo much better. The new laughing one doesn't look like it's laughing, it looks like it's sadly seizuring!
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Disney Duster wrote:The new laughing one doesn't look like it's laughing, it looks like it's sadly seizuring!
:lol: And the : P one looks like it's just smiling.

By the way, welcome back! :)
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Disney Duster wrote:Also, I really, really dislike the new smilies. The old ones were sooo much better. The new laughing one doesn't look like it's laughing, it looks like it's sadly seizuring!
Me too. They definitely weren't intended to be changed.

<u>Update</u>: I think I've got all of them replaced with the old versions now! Anything look out of place?
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Luke wrote:<u>Update</u>: I think I've got all of them replaced with the old versions now! Anything look out of place?
:o

The smilies are back!!!! The smilies are back!!! YAY!!! :D :D :D

:pink: :pink: :party: :pink: :pink:

Looks like they're all here, Luke! :check:

Thanks for doing this, I'm sure you've got more important things on your mind right now. :clap:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Luke wrote:<u>Update</u>: I think I've got all of them replaced with the old versions now! Anything look out of place?
I think the "very happy", the "smile", the "surprised", and the "razz" smilies have yet to be replaced with the old ones.

:D :) :o :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Sotiris wrote:I think the "very happy", the "smile", the "surprised", and the "razz" smilies have yet to be replaced with the old ones.

:D :) :o :P
I also have the laughing one, the sad one, the 'shock' one, the angry one and the wink one that have not been replaced.

:lol: :( :shock: :x :wink:
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Really? I see the original smilies on my browser...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Really? I see them...
I see Scarred4life's too. Do you see mine?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Sotiris wrote:
UmbrellaFish wrote:Really? I see them...
I see Scarred4life's too. Do you see mine?
Yes. All the smilies are changed back to the originals on my computer.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Yes. All the smilies are changed back to the originals on my computer.
So, the 'very happy' smilie is the old green one for example?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Sotiris wrote:
UmbrellaFish wrote:Yes. All the smilies are changed back to the originals on my computer.
So, the 'very happy' smilie is the old green one for example?
Yes, it is. The "smile" one is the bright yellow one again, the "shocked" one is blue and its eyes pop out, and the "razz" is lime green with the tongue poking out.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Yes, it is. The "smile" one is the bright yellow one again, the "shocked" one is blue and its eyes pop out, and the "razz" is lime green with the tongue poking out.
Hmm, that's odd. Perhaps it will take some time for the changes to take effect for all members.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I think it depends on what kinda browser your on...internet explorer, mozilla fire fox, Google Chrome which I've been using very often (oh no I'm using the enemy's software) :shifty:

Edit: and maybe that would make sense the smileys aren't on google chrome due to...well things....so now Google is robbing me of the original Razz......that's it

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7OpOYGt4Sss" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Well, I was using Firefox, and they didn't work. I then tried google chrome, and the original smilies were back.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

If you're still getting the bad new ones, you probably just have to clear your cache/temporary internet files.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Luke wrote:If you're still getting the bad new ones, you probably just have to clear your cache/temporary internet files.
Thanks, Luke! All of the old smilies are back now.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

They're back for me as well. Thanks! :)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks for changing the smilies back and thanks Scarred4life for welcoming me back!